Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2001 3:48:49 PM EDT
Post your thoughts about the Bill of rights. Don't just refer to the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
no it's not, the government & media are breaking the 1st,2nd & 4th already
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The constitution is just a wast of time! we need
total Gun control period. then kids will live
and we would be much safer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill of Rights? Whats that?

Just kidding, we are being denied the power of the constitution, the bill of rights, and everything else you can think of!

Though only by, silent consent!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the First Amendment is alive and well.

Look at all those anti-F's spewing garbage about all us lawful gunowners.

It doesn't have to be true, for them it's still protected.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Who the hell is this Antigunner guy?  This must be someone playing a prank.  No one can be that stupid.  I think Sarah Brady is smarter than this freak.  Lordy Lordy we must save the children.  Gimme a break!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah maybe it's alive for the media, but try and speak your mind  thru the media & see how far goes.(not heard or shown & if it does they'll make you out to be a psycho gun nut)
the media only selectfully feed the sheeple what big brother thinks they should know
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I see our newest troll put in his 1/4 cent worth.

As I count it there are 6 amendments that are being raped. The 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th.

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah maybe it's alive for the media, but try and speak your mind  thru the media & see how far goes.(not heard or shown & if it does they'll make you out to be a psycho gun nut)
the media only selectfully feed the sheeple what big brother thinks they should know
View Quote

You are correct.

I've failed to mention how we have no airtime.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I think Held Up would be more appropriate than Upheld
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
see my point Save the children oboy iam a man iam a man i have a gun i have gun iam BIG AND BAAAAD!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't be surprized if this ANTI GUNNER person does not even believe, or at least strongly believe, in the anti-gun position. Looks like somebody that gets off on stirring people up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#13]
i think it's safe to say ANTI GUNNER is a fellow member yanking our chain.  and while it was fun at first, it's just f*@#ing annoying now.

as to the question of the post: [b]ABSO-SMACKIN'-LUTLEY NOT.[/b]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Everything in the Bill of Rights has been modified under guise of "reasonable police power" at one time or another. Now it seems as though it has gotten to the point where it is constantly being interpreted to restrict citizens instead of the government.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#16]
with pleasure, beekeeper.  always glad to put a smile on a face.  =)
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#17]
The constitution is just a wast of time!  we need total thought control period. Then kids will live and we would be much safer.

[;D]

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]
See my point brainwash the children oboy iam a man iam a man i have a bigmouth i have a closedmind i have no maturity iam big govt and can use force

[:D]  [:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#19]
ARlady you've got my vote!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#21]
...by the way it wasnt me pullin' yur leg
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Beekeeper,

I agree that we've slipped far.  To answer your question, I was one in a small, relatively peaceful town. Took what I though was going to be a brief side trip to go back to school to further my career, and now that I'm a civilian again I'm not sure I'll ever go back. That's not my only reason why, but its one of the biggest. About the only type of agency I'd consider would be a small to medium sized Sheriff's office or municipal PD. Those guys generally have a healthy respect for people's rights, in my experience. It's the Fed's and the huge urban departments that are staffed with career politicians that seem to be the biggest problem. I talk to a lot of vetern cops who are dying to get out because they are so disgusted with whats happening in law enforcement across this country.

And no, I don't think the Bill of Rights is being upheld.  And I think the biggest reasons why is that we, as a populace, no longer have a dominant value system or common culture.  The founding fathers saw the goverment they created as one which exists to safeguard both individual rights and collective values.  Today government is more analygous to a officious babysitter attempting to control a bunch of spoiled kids in a crowded daycare. No one seems to like each other all that much, and there's no space to get away to. IMHO of course...
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ANTI GUNNER:
The constitution is just a wast of time! we need
total Gun control period. then kids will live
and we would be much safer.
View Quote

SICK PUPPY!
But I do agree with one thing you said, total gun control, but my meaning is somewhat different than yours!

My, having total gun control, saves me ammo, so I can use it, when the time comes, on those who seek to destroy this nation from within!

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to do sobriety checkpoints every once in a while.  Never really though about them then, but I do now.  There are some ligit reasons for doing check points when serious crimes have been committed in order to confine the perps to an area.  Sobriety check points are a little more iffy.  However, under no circumstances should they be seraching your car without PC or your consent.  Did they just shine a light in or did they actually search your car?
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#26]
The Constitution still exists?

I ask because I have to deal with driver license check points.  It matters not that I haven't committed any crime what so ever, they just like to throw up a roadblock to look at the DL and inspection stickers.

A democrat senator in my state has introduced a bill wanting to build a database for DNA.

Private property seems to be a thing of the past.  A multitude of agencies can seize everything you own for a variety of reasons.

The military is allowed to carry ops against US citizens if drugs or terrorism is thought to be involved.  Furthermore they plan on setting up op centers in majour cities in order to protect civilians from terrorists.  I know that at least Charlotte, NC is under consideration for one of these.

I had to lean over a chair and ask the gov to treat me nice so that I could legally conceal carry.  Test, fingerprints, a ton of money to get through it all.  But hey I'm legal until they decide otherwise.

The gov.org pretty much decides what I can eat, what medicines I can take, how my car should perform, what type of fuels I should use and then I get to pay as much as 60% of my earned money to the government through a variety of taxes.

Oh and the First Amendment seems to only apply to those who have the "correct" views of society.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#27]
"bill of right, void where prohibited by law"

[V]

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"bill of right, void where prohibited by law"

[V]

View Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself.  A small example of the lack of property rights.  Our city just enacted a smoking ban for all public places.  This ordinance requires that I purchase and post a no-smoking sign.  Why should I have to buy it?  Especially since it makes no sense.  It's illegal everywhere so why does every business have to post?  Seems a little redundant to me.  This has gotten me so pissed and I don't even smoke.  In fact I am allergic to cigarette smoke but I don't think that the government needs to protect us from ourselves.  We are turning into a Nanny State that has to look out for every need.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#29]
got your vote?  i didn't know i was running for anything but since i seem to be...

ladies and gentleman, if you elect me...

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well I see our newest troll put in his 1/4 cent worth.

As I count it there are 6 amendments that are being raped. The 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th.

View Quote

I agree on both points!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#32]
All you have to do is find an immigrant that has lived through the beginnings of and in a police state. The majority would tell you they are seeing a dangerous repeating of history here. The late Bill Marcy, who frequented the old ar15.com, was one of these people.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Do I feel it is being upheld? No.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#34]
When the times come, I will joint the Task Force to order all the people from HCI along with Sarah Bandy along with her cry baby husband and all the anti-gun people in Gas chamber just like Nazi did.
I did love to tell her shouldn't have ban guns start with and weaking our Bill's of the Right.
Anyone Agree?
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I feel we have too much freedom thats why we have the highest crime rate in the world with guns; also california's laws are too weak and need to be a lot tougher. the constitution and freedom is given too you, i think you need to earn the freedom before you complain about it.
and guns are the first thing's need to go we
need camera's on every street corner then have a response team ready, now i think that would
be a safer sociaty.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#36]
With 24 years in LE I can say that there has been a constant erosion of the bill of rights, and disrespect for the Constitution. I am very concerned with the new push for an expanded data base of DNA, and the taking of samples from prisoners no matter what their offense.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#37]
You want it back? You'll have to take it!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#38]
The "late" BIll Marcy is alive and well. His website is still
[url]http://www.wetworx.com/[/url]
and the thread he started on the old AR15 is a prime example of why you cannot trust anything on the internet. I am sure Bill is still amongst us as someone else; for all I know, he is you, Imbroglio.
 As for the checkpoint issue, there is nothing criminal about  checkpoints set up by LEO's. We have to make sure it falls within certain guidelines for safety and avoid selecting cars at random, but contrary to popular belief on this and other boards, they are still legal.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#39]
checkpoints may be "legal" but they are a violation of everything this country once stood for. Fascism is alive and well-It has simply changed geographic location and political ideology.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ANTI GUNNER:
I feel we have too much freedom thats why we have the highest crime rate in the world with guns; also california's laws are too weak and need to be a lot tougher. the constitution and freedom is given too you, i think you need to earn the freedom before you complain about it.
and guns are the first thing's need to go we
need camera's on every street corner then have a response team ready, now i think that would
be a safer sociaty.
View Quote

You are a complete and utter moron.  I try to be polite with sheep like you...but you just keep coming back asking to look like a damn fool.  And that you have succeeded in.

As for your comments:  Go to a Jew with numbers still tatooed on his/her arm and see what they say to your malarke.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#41]
ANTI-GUNNER, you say we need to earn our freedom before we "complain" about uneducated simpletons like you.  What have YOU done to earn your freedom?  
And yes, we no longer have the protection of the Bill of Rights.  Anyone here know why there was such a fuss about having a writtin Bill of Rights during the Constitutional Conventions?
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#43]
The Bill of Rights are Inalienable.  They are not guarantied by the constitution, they are enumerated in the document.  These are god given rights.  No one has the power to take away a god given right….unless we let them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Bill of Rights are Inalienable.  They are not guarantied by the constitution, they are enumerated in the document.  These are god given rights.  No one has the power to take away a god given right….unless we let them.
View Quote

Yes, and ANTI GUNNER:  just try and come and take them away from us.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Beekeeper:
Once something has been ruled on by the SCOTUS, as far as I'm concerned, it's legal.The Legislative branch  passes the  laws( some of which I think are pretty stupid laws, but thats MY opinion), the SCOTUS has the final say on whether it believes that legislation passes Constitutional muster.  You certainly have the right to personally believe otherwise. This argument has been been beat to death in many other threads on this and other gun boards, so I am well aware of what the typical arguments are by people such as yourself: You'd roll the country back to exactly what was enumerated in the Constitution. While that may sound good on papar or printed on your monitor screen, I think the reality would be far from the nirvana so many of you believe it would be. I've said it before and I'll say it again: as much as there are horror stories about the EPA, IRS, etc,the country could not survive in a 21st Century world with an 18th century level of government.  Look what happens in third world countries when they have ineffective, weak  governments; things don't get run well, and the government doesn't last long.
 You can make a personal decision to follow any law you choose, but as you said, you will have to suffer the consequences of whatever enforcement action is taken against you.
 As for your question about checkpoints, the Justices objected to the idea that a single motorist would be singled out, perhaps based on some sort of profiling; the idea that if the stop is done according to some sort of system, whether it's stopping every car, every 10th car, etc, which is blind to profiling or singling out specific vehicles,then that doesn't violate the individual rights of anyone stopped. But I suspect you already know that, you simply chooose to dislike the concept.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#47]
tcsd1236, do you listen to yourself? Its ok if you pick every 5th or 10th car full of citizens, march them out and search their vehicle,etc. You must have been an SS trooper in your past life. What they did was also "legal".
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Yea guys the Nazi's had checkpoints.  Why shouldn't we?  I vant to see your papers.  

I guess whatever the government decides is constitutional is ok with many here as long as the government says it is.  

We have so many laws that restrict the law abiding - this is unconstitutional and I don't give a damn what any NAZI minded person says. Use your head. You have the right to go about your business without being harassed unless you harm someone else, not before. This is not NAZI Germany, or it used not to be.

Many take oaths to uphold the constitution - Why not say the governments interpretation of the constitution as that is what is being upheld - definitely not the intent of the constitution.  

At least the supreme court recently ruled that drug sniffing dogs can not be used without a warrant. I've been waiting for them to set up portable x-ray machines on the side of the road to x-ray your car and claim it is not actually being searched. Then if anything is seen they have probable cause. What a joke.  The ruled drugs under the seat were not an immediate threat to the public but alcohol was so DUI checkpoints are ok. So to stop and search your person for no reason is ok. If that's not a conflict with the forth I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Having the right to bear arms is the only way to protect yourself.  I remember a ruling, by the state or federal, that stated that the local law enforcement had no resposiblity to come if you call them.  It makes sense because law enforcement can't be everywhere at once.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top