Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2011 7:07:53 AM EDT
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/vip.php

Was going to order one of their 3" Aussie police trade-in SW model 10s, but now have ot pay $24 to get the privilege?  Pass.  

It's no Jelly of the Month Club.

Annual Cost (without annual auto renewal): $24.95
Annual Cost (with annual auto renewal): $19.95

Subscribe NOW:  

VIP Member benefits:
Minimum 72 hour advance purchase opportunity on ALL hard to get guns, ALL used guns, and any other special offers.
YOU always get the "first shot" ! Click HERE to view our current offerings
30 Day Price Protection on all new firearms*
Same Day shipping on select guns for BUDS VIP members only**
FREE classifieds listings on our website ! Advertise your items on a website with over 72,000 Unique views per with absolutely no listing or selling fees. ***
A 1-888-Toll-Free number for BUDS VIP members only
An expedited email option for BUDS VIP members only. Click HERE
VIP Hotline: 1-888-327-9402

*applies only to advertised price changes on www.budsgunshop.com.
**order must be place by 2:00 PM EST. Requires credit card payment and shipment to one of our Preferred FFL's
***we are limiting each customer to only one classified listing per month to avoid excessive dealer listings in the classifieds

Our website automatically updates inventory and pricing several times per hour, 24/7. Please be advised that new VIP items may therefore be added several times each day. Please also be advised that VIP items may drop off as they either expire (72 hours) or sell out. However, guns and ammunition in limited supply will continue to be reserved for VIP customers beyond 72 hours.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate membership clubs.

Always wind up being a net negative - tool to get you to buy more than you need
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
A private business doing a membership deal that you don't have to join if you don't want to?

Oh noes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't shop with Buds.

Sure they undercut all the local dealers, but I LIKE having a good local gun shop.

My policy is I'll pay $50 over internet price to my local shop as long as he can get inside that margin, he always does, so I always go through him.

Exceptions are when I want something from a company like PSA, Larue, etc... In that case I'm doing a transfer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A private business doing a membership deal that you don't have to join if you don't want to?

Oh noes.

so far most scams and "idiot nets" have not FORCED someone into anything...

somebody complaining in a gun forum about a RIP in the gun industry... Oh The Noes!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Jesus, the shit some people complain.

I wish I had your problems.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh noes.

so far most scams and "idiot nets" have not FORCED someone into anything...

somebody complaining in a gun forum about a RIP in the gun industry... Oh The Noes!

Maybe I'm missing something but where's the force?  If you want that gun, you have to join the club.  Otherwise, look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait, someone offers something for sale at a certain price and you don't want it? Oooooookay?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Obama should fix this also.

Would that make you happy?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been all over that website.  Where are the 3: mdl 10's?  All I see are 4" for $269.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been all over that website.  Where are the 3: mdl 10's?  All I see are 4" for $269.

Sold out almost as soon as they went up.  Three inch k frames go quick.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Pay money up front to get first dibs on something they want to sell me?

That certainly rubs me the wrong way!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Actually, I think it's more like "pay money up front to get first dibs on an item that will gone in seconds because the demand is vastly higher than the supply."

But, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I think it's more like "pay money up front to get first dibs on an item that will gone in seconds because the demand is vastly higher than the supply."

But, I could be wrong.

That's how I read it.

I like this model personally.You gotta pay to play.  It gets members in line ahead of non members...if you don't like that...oh well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top