Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2011 7:10:39 AM EDT
So I've been in charlotte all week for business and am flying home here in 30 min.

As I make my way through security, a nice tsa (/sarcasm) dude looks at my laptop which has a bunch of spikes tactical stickers on it. One is the stay back 100 meters sticker and another is the "I see your jihad and raise you a crusade" sticker.

Mt tsa, asks what these mean and I tell him they are stickers. He said they are ominous and I need to step aside.

The fucker then gets his manager over who asks me what they are, and I say they are stickers for a rifle manufacturer, which I support. Next thing I know my carry on bag and laptop bag are dumped out and searched.

I ask the tsa douche why would a sticker be the justification for such actions, to which he said that they are suspicious.  I kept my mouth shut so I could get to my gate on time.

Anyways, I thanked him for being a waste less employee of a govt money pit and walked off.

The tsa can kiss my ass

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Good thing for you there weren't any Hello Kitty stickers on that laptop!  
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
They saw the word "jihad."

I wouldn't wear an infidel shirt through TSA.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
 I kept my mouth shut so I could get to my gate on time.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
STOP RESISTING.

ETA:  Oh wait, you did.  Kinda.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
So what are you going to do about it?

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm, I've got an "Extremely Rightwing" bumper sticker just sitting around...

Fuck the TSA!
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have not flown in years :) Fuck the TSA.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wore a Crye Major League Infidel shirt and the Tsa guy said nice shirt. However I recently lost a leatherman Micra to the Tsa was running late and left it on my keychain.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what are you going to do about it?

Sit here and bitch about it on arfcom. And board my flight

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Flying under the radar, how does it work?
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Do an experiment, next time replace the stickers with some arabic lettering, and maybe a sticker that says "Allah's my Homeboy."

See if they do anything similar then.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I try not to do things when flying that would require any interpretation or thinking by a TSA employee.  I don't even carry little baggies with <3 oz fluids.  I want to be the guy they look PAST to focus on someone else –– like someone who has jihad/weapons stickers on their laptop and is getting irritated those items are of interest.

My $0.02.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You show 'em!

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I just took a trip to AK via Vancouver BC, TSA ignored my NRA  jacket I was wearing. But quite a few Canadians security came over and thanked me for supporting the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Fly low profile.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Flying under the radar, how does it work?

Pretty much. I imagine he's got bumper stickers that scream "gun to be stolen in this car" too

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wore a "if a fat girl falls in the woods, do the tress laugh" Tshirt one time. The land whale that was at the screening point didn't find the humor in it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Note to TSA: Terrorrist are not going to advertise their intentions by putting stickers on their laptop.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You show 'em!

if enough people give up flying for business and pleasure then maybe the airlines will start to pressure the gov to ease up on violating our civil liberties :)

Besides being able to contribute to local economies that I drive through, I can bring my rifle, and any other fun items with me, and not have to worry about anyone lighting their shoes on fire :)

Yea.. its not as fast as flying.. but life is not about the destination, but the journey.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#20]
It's bullshit but next time just turn your laptop face down in the tray...problem solved.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#21]
What's the point of stickers on a laptop? Actually... what's the point of stickers?

I'm pretty sure they're used to attract attention. That's what you got.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#22]
opsec
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#23]
i have stickers on my pelican laptop case  one is a LaRue god bless our troops, another is a tango down one that says " id rather be wacking tangos" and a US Navy customs sticker from Kuwait.... Never had a problem
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just took a trip to AK via Vancouver BC, TSA ignored my NRA  jacket I was wearing. But quite a few Canadians security came over and thanked me for supporting the NRA.

I guess they didn't get the message that the NRA does nothing but raise $.

They should log onto GD.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Where are you guys finding these types of TSA folks at?  They have been nothing but courteous to me.  Well, that could be because I'm usually flying on a red passport.  If one of them sees it they come grab me out of the security line and take me to the front of it line.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#26]
You're also assuming the stricker is what got you jacked up. Sounds more like behavioral profiling to me. They saw something, used the sticker as a ruse, the way you answered got you a trip to additional screening.

It's your right to be angry and insolent, but I've seen more of those get the trip than happy tourists. Not necessarily the case here, just sayin'.....
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

What's the point of stickers on a laptop? Actually... what's the point of stickers?

I'm pretty sure they're used to attract attention. That's what you got.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#28]
This wouldn't have happened if they were Bravo Company stickers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Do an experiment, next time replace the stickers with some arabic lettering, and maybe a sticker that says "Allah's my Homeboy."

See if they do anything similar then.

They will whisk you right through!

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Gray Man dude.... Try it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Primo union material...
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#32]
And you think having a sticker that contains the word "Jihad" on it isn't going to get you TSA attention?  If so - you are living in fantasy land.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Larue or Daniel defense stickers would have gotten you into first class. Thats what you get for buying tier 2 gear.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fly low profile.

Sad but true.

Don't want to scare the uneducated federal morons in charge of the show.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This wouldn't have happened if they were Bravo Company stickers.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Well duh.

How dare you, a lowly citizen, have access to, or even TRAINING with firearms. You must be dangerous.
It's not a difficult job, so I can see where some people may just be using the job to make ends meet.

But then there's always "that guy" who couldn't join the military/got kicked out, has badge envy, and gets off on being given the power to harass you at will.
That's who you dealt with.

Just wait until they're given full authority to regulate all public transportation.

ETA: Screw the grey-man concept. As a previous poster mentioned, get some arabic stickers that say "Alllah is my homeboy", and wear middle-eastern garb.
        I'd be willing to bet a case of ammo they hurry you through.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Let's all hide and not exercise our rights.  Surely they will still be there when we need them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#39]
I never show my computers when I travel.  The work laptop travels in a "checkpoint friendly" briefcase.  Just zip open and lay it flat.  There's a mesh cover over the laptop, but I doubt stickers would be legible through it.  The netbook is usually carried in a sleeve case inside a backpack.  I just drop the netbook still in the sleeve in a tray.  Never a problem.  The checkpoint friendly rules require the case to be transparent to xray and with no other objects obscuring the image of the computer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd move those stickers to the laptop screen so that TSA couldn't see them with the lid closed
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#41]
FUCK THOSE TSA COCKSUCKERS!
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hmmm, I've got an "Extremely Rightwing" bumper sticker just sitting around...

Fuck the TSA!

Next time you fly, slap that sticker on your forehead, and try to go through screening! c'mon, I dare ya!  
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
FUCK THOSE TSA COCKSUCKERS!

Tell us how you REALLY feel.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Don't worry, they are already in bus stations, railroad and subway terminals, and if things continue down this road, the Gestapo er, TSA will be setting up roadblocks in an area near you soon!

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I have been traveling for years with no problems. I tend to be the grey man.
I do have an extra LaRue sticker and will be putting it on my laptop just to see what happens.

I'll report back.

Now and always, F theTSA
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#46]
You should have just been painfully speculative about it.

"See, it looks like a playing card.  Except it isn't.  Because it's a sticker.  There are words on it, and it's also adhesive.  So it serves both the purpose of protecting the underlying substrate material while also providing aesthetically pleasing decoration.  So, while it is functional, it is also art.  Which, some claim that is the mark of a true craftsman.  However, others argue that bonafide art cannot exist to serve any purpose other than its own.  But I think otherwise.  Art should be within reach of everyone; and it *IS*, if we would only pay attention.  And so I place these symbols of art upon an instrument capable of creating it as a reminder to myself to always be observant for what art may lie yet undiscovered.  They are my muse."

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I am constantly amused when those who seek attention actually receive it, then are taken aback by the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I got checked out at the Manitoba border last winter because it came up on my background check that I have a carry permit.  It was kinda funny because all the agents were very polite and curious about being able to carry concealed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I am constantly amused when those who seek attention actually receive it, then are taken aback by the outcome.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

<insert Sarah Palin picture>

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top