Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2001 11:50:01 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me who makes that "fake" A2 looking flash hider? How does it attach? is it for threaded barrels Only? Thanks!

Aviator
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
wilson makes a comp that looks like an a2 flash hider. i dont know how it attaches though. check out their website. i think its  www.ar-15.com
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's Wilson Combat's website www.wilsoncombat.com  
And Kurt's Kustom also have a line of A2 look alikes. You can ask him about his products directly at the Industry Forums.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats the one. Thanks! Anyone used one of these?

Aviator
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Can these mount on HBAR type?

"Anyone used one of these?"

Yeah, any feedback about the installation and use.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If you lived in Kalifornia you could get yourself a fake AR15 to go along with that fake flash hider!
[X]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The AR15.com Ltd Edition Rock River M4 has one on it from . It is reamed out & press fitted over the end. It is 23mm so it is legal.

More info over in the LEGP forum.

Grin
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Wilson A-2 brake on an A1 upper with the thin barrel.  At a quick glance, it looks a lot like the A2 birdcage flash suppersor.  When you look closely you will notice the differences.  The OD of the brake is larger to prevent it from launching all those grenades we all have :)  The slots are also different.  

With all that said, it's by far the best looking brake on the market.  Furthermore, it does come with an BATF approval letter.

Here is a pic of my rifle with the brake....pretty cool huh?

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Thumbnail?u=1447012&a=10862170&p=44232846&Width=100&Height=100&Sequence=0[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top