Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2001 3:04:25 AM EDT
I haven't tried it yet, but someone told me that Cowboy Shooting is so popular that you hardly ever get to shoot matches, too much waiting.
Before I get set up, is there another short range shooting match that has plenty of shooting.
[pistol]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#1]
i cowboy shoot a couple of saturday mornings a month and one match i go to has 5-10 shooters and another has about 10-20.  Depending how many ranges and props a club has you may have to wait 20-30 min between stages.  At larger matches we'll split up into 2 or more Posses and one will set targets and help score for the other posse.  i've never been to a match where i got bored. i also shoot some 3 gun stuff where you'll shoot your AR you auto pistol and shotgun.  If you think you will be blasting all the time with no waiting you are kidding yourself.  This applies to most individual shooting sports.  if you want to shoot alot without a lot down time try Bullseye matches (I personally had rather watch paint dry) Mainly because i'm not that good a bullseye shooter.  I've often said that Cowboy is a good sport for old fat guys who can't run fast or shoot to good-and like to dress up--most of a cowboy match is having a good time-laughing at others screwups (also your own). Dick W. Holliday is my Cowboy alias and i've posted a few times on the Firing Line Cowboy board-Read a few and you'll see some of the things we do to makke the matches Fun.  As for shooting ammo we will usually shoot the better part od 100 pistol bullets which are also used in the rifle amd a box or so of shotgun shells.  Go to a cowboy match and you'll see people that probably don't know each other trading equipment so if you don't have quite what you need you can still shoot....Try one...Dick...P.S.  All the cowboy shooters are not old fat guys who can't shoot.  Some of them can really put some lead in the air and hit everything they are shooting at. And do it damn fast...Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top