Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2011 2:01:35 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

This is the future Mrs. Medicine_Woman I just wanted to sneak on here and show my appreciation for all your kind words, it was very flattering. Anyways, I am officially the proud owner of a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .38 Special and may I just say it's beautiful. For all of you wondering how I ended up with this white kid, lets just say a green card is hard to come by  Just kidding! All I can say is there aren't many like him, and after our first meeting I was hooked. It could have also been the only Paki guy I went out on a date with had a third nipple that made me write off the whole race.

I know alot of you are wondering how a person like myself would purchase a handgun. I went to Virginia Tech during the shooting, and after the whole ordeal and sleeping with a chair against my door for two months out of fear, it dawned on me that I could be helpless and naive or I could face the reality of what the world is really like and take matters into my own hands. After meeting my soon to be husband it was refreshing to not be seen as crazy or paranoid for thinking this way.Coming from D.C. with these views usually gets you weird looks. However, coming from D.C. has also made me realize how dangerous it can be especially for a girl.

I want to thank all of you that have taken an interest in our story. Your suggestions and support have not gone unnoticed. The current status is that my father has yet to speak to me, my mother will call me occassionally to let me know the shame I have brought to my family, and my sister calls to inform me I am not doing a good job including my parents in my wedding plans. I am exhausted of trying to explain to them why I am with the DOC, or defending our relationship. So I don't anymore! We are two AMERICANS who have the same points of view and beliefs that fell in love. How could they come to this country and raise me here and be shocked that I feel in love with a white guy? It's like going to a five star restuarant and you see prime rib, but they want you to order a salad. (Corny Joke Inserted)

Anyways, I'll probably get told off for sneeking on here,but it was worth it.

And yes I hate George from TOP SHOT

Mrs. Medicine_Woman

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]

is your name Michaela Quinn?

welcome, create an account for yourself
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
???
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry for the confusion. I will try to find the original post and post on there
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I  think you meant to post this in team. She is a doll and I hope you work out your issues out with her family.  You did well!  A good woman is priceless!
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Smokin'

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I  think you meant to post this in team. She is a doll and I hope you work out your issues out with her family.  You did well!  A good woman is priceless!

The original post was in GD. We like women that post in GD
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We are two AMERICANS who have the same points of view and beliefs that fell in love. How could they come to this country and raise me here and be shocked that I feel in love with a white guy? It's like going to a five star restuarant and you see prime rib, but they want you to order a salad. (Corny Joke Inserted)

Good for you!  

We have a saying in arfcom: you can pick your friends but not your relatives (family). Go with the one who loves you for whom you are & not where you came from, IMO.

Oh, yes, your BF is ONE lucky SOB!!!!!!      
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#8]
You're in medical school yet are somehow you're shaming the family?  Gotta love moms.  Make some grandkids (someday when you both finish school and get some time) - bet she comes around then.  You guys are going to have a long, happy life together and if your family is smart, they'll see light and want to be a part of the happiness.  Best of luck.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a lot of wisdom in what you wrote.  I wish the best for both of you.

As a parent of two daughters, let me add a couple words.

First, NO MAN is good enough for Daddy's little girl.  However, I have come to realize that my girls will one day marry someone.  In fact, my older daughter is engaged with a date set in March, 2012.  Is the boy perfect?  Far from it.  However, he's decent, treats her well, and makes her happy.

In the end, I think that if they see your fiance fulfilling these points:

- He has good moral character and is a responsible, dependable man;

- He treats you with respect and adoration;

- He makes you happy

eventually they will come around.

Make an effort to include them, so it doesn't look like outright rebellion, be make sure they understand that as an adult you are responsible for your life.  And don't forget to let them know you love them - a child choosing their own path can inadvertentlty result in feelings of rejection.

Be happy, live well, and eventually they should come around.

ETA: Medicine Man better behave himself - I think you just acquired some big broithers on this site!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes it is beyond hard to deal with family, esp. when they try to use your relationship with someone you LOVE as a wedge.

Been with my wife 25 years and I THINK her mother is STARTING to accept the fact that we are together.
For EVER!

Best of luck to you both and I hope your journey together is happy and blissful.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Bravo!

The Future Mrs. Medicine_Man is one hell of a woman!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I can relate with the struggles you two are having with your parents. I was seeing a girl of Italian descent whose father despised me because I'm not Italian. I'm glad to see you have the right attitude.

By the way, she would look better wearing Garnet and Gold rather than that wolpack junk.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Future Mrs. Medicine Man: best of luck of in bringing your parents around. My sister in law's husband is fighting the same fight you are. I hope you succeed. And congratulations to you both.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The original post was in GD. We like women that post in GD

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are two AMERICANS who have the same points of view and beliefs that fell in love. How could they come to this country and raise me here and be shocked that I feel in love with a white guy? It's like going to a five star restuarant and you see prime rib, but they want you to order a salad. (Corny Joke Inserted)

Good for you!  

We have a saying in arfcom: you can pick your friends but not your relatives (family). Go with the one who loves you for whom you are & not where you came from, IMO.

Oh, yes, your BF is ONE lucky SOB!!!!!!    
Very lucky.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why? Too good for us unwashed masses?

Best of luck to the young couple.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck and I hope the family comes around with time. It took my mother 20 years to accept that the wife and I were going last.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#18]
We need new pic's to verify or account lock
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know a lot of you are wondering how a person like myself would purchase a handgun. I went to Virginia Tech during the shooting, and after the whole ordeal and sleeping with a chair against my door for two months out of fear, it dawned on me that I could be helpless and naive or I could face the reality of what the world is really like and take matters into my own hands. After meeting my soon to be husband it was refreshing to not be seen as crazy or paranoid for thinking this way.Coming from D.C. with these views usually gets you weird looks.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/mfedewa/Stategame.jpg
/76744_978718064053_6204849_50689919_6599847_n-1.jpg" target="_blank">http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac7/mfedewa/76744_978718064053_6204849_50689919_6599847_n-1.jpg

haha nice to meet you,welcome. I can promise you not a single person on arfcom wonders how anyone can come to choose to be able to protect themselves, but we are all constantly wondering how someone could feel ok not to.

I think most of us are actually wondering how the pasty white boy managed to get a hold of a girl like you

fwiw I was on campus in ATL during that horror, more importantly so was my little sister which really scared the shit out of me. we are both back on campus again working up our M.ajor D.ebt as well. Seriously when I was younger and I would walk out of the library at 2am freshman year during finals, i'd take a look around at all teh miserable faces and kind chuckle to myself. Now I look around constantly  nervous, its not good.

I was fortunate to be raised around guns and in a family where my father used to carry regularly.  A large percentage of Doctors are also into shooting I assure you. its a very normal thing even where I was from which was similar to DC.
I've carried since the moment I could and shooting was always met with kinda a neutral ambivalence as a father son thing in my family. Like you, after VT my sister soon had her own brand new stylish black S&W j-frame .38 and a bunch of brother sister bonding time at the range getting her setup. Its a good thing.

Good luck with class.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Once in a blue moon,  there is a relationship thread in which ejecting is not warranted, necessary or encouraged. This is one of those one in a million threads.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Pretty young lady...very nice  
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Too good for us unwashed masses?

Best of luck to the young couple.

From  one magnum to another!
he has an ongoing thread in team about his issues with his future inlaws!  I was unaware of a gd thread as well.  Forgive me.  Not trying to hold back on pics of goodness!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]
And yes I hate George from TOP SHOT

I think he's a little full of himself too
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Medicine Man has out-kicked his coverage!
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Smart and muy bonita woman who likes to shoot = WIN.

M_M, get this woman her own account.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember the original thread your fiance posted a few months ago. Your relationship made for a great story and I was pulling for you. I still am. The way the world should work. Here is to hoping your family comes to understand this. They should know that whenever they are ready to become American and not just Pakistanis living here, we will be happy to have them. It's a special thing that wouldn't work the other way around. If I were to go to Pakistan and live there the rest of my life, I would never be Pakistani.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Mrs-to-be-Medicine Man is muy bonita.  May the Lord bless you with countless years of happiness.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Go Pack!
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Good luck to both of you.  You're a fine looking couple and obviously have the intelligence and drive to make a go of it.  

Best wishes
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#32]
shame, ..what shame?  sounds like you are making good decisions..  

but, ...you better hope your b/f's account doesn't get spammed w/ PM's from leg-humpers, then you're busted.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quit playing and go learn to use that smoke wagon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I know alot of you are wondering how a person like myself would purchase a handgun. I went to Virginia Tech during the shooting, and after the whole ordeal and sleeping with a chair against my door for two months out of fear, it dawned on me that I could be helpless and naive or I could face the reality of what the world is really like and take matters into my own hands.

That alone is one of the best quotes I've seen in a while.

Best wishes to the both of you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish you both all the best, and good on you for looking after yourself!
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 2:37:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Best of luck to you two.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:31:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Mrs medicine woman

Your story reminds me of one thing.

You are an American.

You embody what this country is All about,

You may have an Paki heritage which no one will take away from you and because of your heritage you ENRICH this nation.

You have embraced what it means to be an AMERICAN, Freedom to pursue your happiness be it with a lilly white good ole boy and you know what it means to exercise your RIGHT as an AMERICAN to defend yourself with a firearm. You know that you have a RIGHT to NOT be fearful of criminals and you are choosing  the RIGHT to ACTIVELY DEFEND yourself.

You have embrace America and our culture instead of telling us that we need to be tolerant of your culture and we must treat you special because you are from some protected class of people. You have brought your heritage to America and because of that we are a better nation you are not trying to change the US into a little Pakistan.

Just like the Italians, Irish, German, Polish etc did in the early part of the 20th century came here because the wanted to be American they also did not lose their identity and I love that about America. we may have come from all over the world but we are all American.

Good luck to you and your fiance and welcome to America.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#39]
My wife and I wish you all the best.  You all seem like a great couple, you have a wonderful sense of humor, and you are doing the right thing.  You can't live for others - you can only be happy when you live for yourself.  Either your family will come around or they wont.  But you will soon be starting a NEW family, and I'm sure your hubbie's family loves you and will welcome you with open arms (the same thing happened to my wife and my family loves her like a daughter).
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:58:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I just went over to team and read the original post.  I wish you the best.  You have many obstacles ahead but love and faith will prevail.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:01:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Congrats and may you both have a great life together
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#43]
future Mrs. Medicine_Woman..congratulation of the gun purchase, may it be the first of many.  and congratulation of your impending wedding...may it be everything you ever dreamed of.  As for your parents.....It is all on them.  They are making the choice to not accept your decision on who to marry.  It is hard enough finding someone to love and that you want to spend you life with and for that person to feel the same way about you.  They will either get over it and choose to be a part  of your life or not...you can't force it.

May you and Medicine_Man have the greatest Happily Ever After imaginable.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:22:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Congratulations and good luck to both of you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:28:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Time will heal things with the family.

I wish you both, the best in the future.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know alot of you are wondering how a person like myself would purchase a handgun. I went to Virginia Tech during the shooting, and after the whole ordeal and sleeping with a chair against my door for two months out of fear, it dawned on me that I could be helpless and naive or I could face the reality of what the world is really like and take matters into my own hands.

That alone is one of the best quotes I've seen in a while.

Best wishes to the both of you.

I totally agree. Welcome. We hope you make your own account and feel free to come and post any time.

Very pretty!  
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#47]
I remember his thread on the problems you guys were having. I hope you guys are safe and happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I have read the other thread with varying degrees of happiness for you and your guy and sadness at the trials you are being put thru for an outdated notion of what "should " be .

Best of luck to you in your marriage .
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:02:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Congrats to the two of you, and all the best in your upcoming marriage!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top