Quoted:
Come on rooney trade up this years 1st and next years 2nd and grab Pouncey
he wont last till 31

He already landed in Miami at 15

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Away we go.Cam Newton.

It's very tough to remain a Carolina fan when the front office is an inept as they are...seriously, that's the best you could do?  At least we'll have the #1 pick again next April.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate buffalo

watch them fail to pick up a QB again
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Away we go.Cam Newton.

It's very tough to remain a Carolina fan when the front office is an inept as they are...seriously, that's the best you could do?  At least we'll have the #1 pick again next April.

You guys should be pissed that Andrew Luck didn't enter the draft this year.

He would have made the #1 pick worth it's while.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on rooney trade up this years 1st and next years 2nd and grab Pouncey

he wont last till 31

He already landed in Miami at 15

Yep i am watching online a tad of a delay I would have loved to have twin bros on the OL Line

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate buffalo

watch them fail to pick up a QB again

I think they are hoping Colin Kaepernick is available at the top of the 2nd.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
CNNSI says that Lions got the best pick in the draft for the 2nd year in a row.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Away we go.Cam Newton.

You guys should be pissed that Andrew Luck didn't enter the draft this year.

He would have made the #1 pick worth it's while.

It's OK.

They'll get him next year!

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CNNSI says that Lions got the best pick in the draft for the 2nd year in a row.

Goddamnit, you're D-line is going to murder Cutler this year.

Loved watching Suh tear it up though, hope he turns into the player people expect him to.  Pretty decent dude too, few of my friends had classes with him.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The draft is pretty much the only aspect of the NFL I find interesting because I love college football but hate the NFL.  I try every year, but I just can't get into it.  Now, please continue.  Not trying to trash your thread.

I would not have picked Scam for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I love that the crowd has been booing everything tonight, but the second all the military branches came on stage, they started chanting USA!, USA! and gave a standing ovation.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WOW, Jacksonville trades up to get Gabbert

I don't think Gabbert is anywhere near a sure thing, but the Jags gotta try something at that position

I think he's a lot safer than Newton, aka JamarcusVinceYoungRussel

No doubt. I'd take Cam on a college team any day, but I'd be surprised if does anything positive in the pros. We'll see.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Seattle is next.  Could be interesting since they need a QB
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Another reach for an OG.  Not sure what Seattle was thinking.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#16]
The Ravens just let time run out and passed.  I've never heard of that happening.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Ravens just let time run out and passed.  I've never heard of that happening.

Yeah that was weird
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was weird

Happened to the Vikings a few years ago.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was weird

Happened to the Vikings a few years ago.

Yeah, but as a Bears fan, I expect stupid shit from them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Away we go.Cam Newton.

I think you're wrong.My money says he'll be a top tier QB,another Vick perhaps.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Patriots traded down again.  They get a 1st next year from the Saints and this years 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Well...Alabama with 4 1st rounders.

That was good for 4th in the SEC West this year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Away we go.Cam Newton.

What Vick is that?  Version 1: read 1 route, panic and run if not open, Version 2: Marijuana and dog fighting aficionado/ prisoner #745639, or Version 3: great talent who will still run and get himself injured way too much to remain a high level player for very long.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Away we go.Cam Newton.

What Vick is that?  Version 1: read 1 route, panic and run if not open, Version 2: Marijuana and dog fighting aficionado/ prisoner #745639, or Version 3: great talent who will still run and get himself injured way too much to remain a high level player for very long.

Good point,just trying to look on the bright side.I've been a homer my whole life,I'm used to failure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Away we go.Cam Newton.

Good point,just trying to look on the bright side.I've been a homer my whole life,I'm used to failure.

Better comparison to Roethlisberger...Big Ben was questionable for all the same reasons coming into the league.

But Cam's a black "running" QB so everyone wants to compare him to Vick, douchecanoe from LSU, and Young. Nevermind that he was #2 in the nation in pass efficiency, hit over 65% of his passes or threw for 30 TDs. If you watched him this season you saw him progress from a run only guy to a much more patient passer.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Chicago finally made a logical 1st round pick.

Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Heywood WTF like the steelers need mor LB's
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Saints for the win!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I would've liked to have seen the GB Packers get Carimi being a Wisconsin guy, but I'm very happy with Sherrod.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Saints for the win!

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Away we go.Cam Newton.

Better comparison to Roethlisberger...Big Ben was questionable for all the same reasons coming into the league.

But Cam's a black "running" QB so everyone wants to compare him to Vick, douchecanoe from LSU, and Young. Nevermind that he was #2 in the nation in pass efficiency, hit over 65% of his passes or threw for 30 TDs. If you watched him this season you saw him progress from a run only guy to a much more patient passer.

if you want a white running QB to compare him to, then I offer you JP Losman. (Yeah, Cam was better in college, but JP was still a 22nd overall pick)

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Away we go.Cam Newton.

Passing the ball is alot harder in the NFL when everything is faster and the receivers can actually be covered by corners and safeties. Most especially, the part in the game where it's MOST important to be very accurate, which is in the red zone.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Round 2 T-Minus 20 minutes
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you watched him this season you saw him progress from a run only guy to a much more patient passer.  

He's got good accuracy and a fuckin' artillery piece for an arm. If he can make the quick throws he'll be a fine QB.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I can't believe every team is afraid to draft Da'Quan Bowers.  I really thought Denver would have been a good fit with their second 2nd round pick.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Dalton goes to the Bengals

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Dalton goes to the Bengals

What are the Bengals going to do?  No Palmer, no Ocho Cinco, no T.O., that offense is going to have problems.

The next pick was Kaepernick (sp?) to SF - and the Niners traded up to make that pick.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]
yeah, I was hoping he might end up on a better team.  I'm curious where Marcus Cannon goes now...
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Jay Gruden said. "He's going to get a lot of opportunity to do that,
come in here and compete for the job right away. What else do you want
as a rookie quarterback?

"That's what I (Gruden) asked him at the
[scouting] combine. I said, 'Are you wanting to come in here and be a
backup quarterback somewhere and learn for three years, or are you ready
to start in six months?' He (Dalton) said, 'I'm ready to start right now, let's
go.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6451436

Words in italics are mine.

I like a confident QB.  He's 23 after five years at TCU (redshirt).  He's a proven winner.

I hope he does well, in spite of the Bengals being one of the worst teams in the league for the last 20 years.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Jay Gruden said. "He's going to get a lot of opportunity to do that, come in here and compete for the job right away. What else do you want as a rookie quarterback?

"That's what I (Gruden) asked him at the [scouting] combine. I said, 'Are you wanting to come in here and be a backup quarterback somewhere and learn for three years, or are you ready to start in six months?' He (Dalton) said, 'I'm ready to start right now, let's go.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6451436

Words in italics are mine.

I like a confident QB.  He's 23 after five years at TCU (redshirt).  He's a proven winner.

I hope he does well, in spite of the Bengals being one of the worst teams in the league for the last 20 years.

I agree.  Dalton and Gabbert were the only 2 QBs I really liked in this draft class.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Round 4 T-minus 30 minutes
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I can't believe every team is afraid to draft Da'Quan Bowers.  I really thought Denver would have been a good fit with their second 2nd round pick.

I wish they had picked him up instead of Orlando Franklin. They need more help on D then anywhere else.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am letting a guy stay at my house right now that is going to the draft. He played ball with my younger cousin in college the last 3 years and he was needing a place to stay in my town (not the same town as the college). There is a top notch training facility in my town that he is using. In December he weighed just under 450 lbs. All the talent scouts told him and his agent that he needed to be under 400 lbs for them to be interested. At the end of March he weighed in at 398 lbs and called his agent to let him know. No shit, about 25 minutes later he got a call from the head scout for the Bills. He has been talking to a different team representative almost every other night for 25-30 minutes at a time. His last work out was last monday. It was a private work out for the Bills guy. He weighed in at 378 lbs. Thats still massive. He has lost some strength but his speed has gone through the roof. He lost almost 75 lbs in ~5 months, most of it was fat. It was a combine style workout. he hit that 225 bench with 36 reps. And I have seen him do better than that.

This is going to be the most interesting draft I have ever watched. Im not saying he's an early rounder, but we are hoping he gets picked up late. If he doesnt get drafted he will definatly get picked in free agency.

So how did the guy do?  By any chance is he "Big Mike" that the Bills picked up in the 7th?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am letting a guy stay at my house right now that is going to the draft. He played ball with my younger cousin in college the last 3 years and he was needing a place to stay in my town (not the same town as the college). There is a top notch training facility in my town that he is using. In December he weighed just under 450 lbs. All the talent scouts told him and his agent that he needed to be under 400 lbs for them to be interested. At the end of March he weighed in at 398 lbs and called his agent to let him know. No shit, about 25 minutes later he got a call from the head scout for the Bills. He has been talking to a different team representative almost every other night for 25-30 minutes at a time. His last work out was last monday. It was a private work out for the Bills guy. He weighed in at 378 lbs. Thats still massive. He has lost some strength but his speed has gone through the roof. He lost almost 75 lbs in ~5 months, most of it was fat. It was a combine style workout. he hit that 225 bench with 36 reps. And I have seen him do better than that.

This is going to be the most interesting draft I have ever watched. Im not saying he's an early rounder, but we are hoping he gets picked up late. If he doesnt get drafted he will definatly get picked in free agency.

So how did the guy do?  By any chance is he "Big Mike" that the Bills picked up in the 7th?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Now that that is over with...........whew.  I was so tight.  I can breath a little bit. The Bill used their last pick on him. We all call him Jasper not Big Mike. I think that is from his hometown folks around Nashville.

He has been living at my house for over 5 months. He has lost almost 75 pounds. He is a beast. He bounced around alot. Initially he commited to play at Ole Miss but when David Cutcliffe was released as coach he decided not to go there. He found his way to the University of Tennessee at Martin (still D1) . He played there for 2 years. During those 2 years they won an Ohio Valley Conference Championship. Then the coach left again and he felt like he couldnt stay with the new staff. So he was offered to come to Middle Tn State University. That didnt work out so he sat out a year. His final 2 years of eligibility were used at Bethel University in McKenzie Tn.

My younger cousin also plays for Bethel and they became friends. So when it became time to train here in Jackson Tn, a much bigger town with a "Tier 1" training acadamy, my cousin asked if it would be OK if could stay with us in the spare room. I'm really cool about shit like that, so I said sure. After living at my house for over 5 months we are pretty good friends now.

All I expect out it is a place to crash when I go to Buffalo and watch him play
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's very cool.  Buffalo does a great job at picking late round guys and even free agent rookies that they develop.  I just watched a training video of him posted on a fan nation link.  He's got some surprising quickness for that size. Buffalo will love him.  I'm excited.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#47]
yep. losing those pounds has made him very explosive. When I said earlier that he is faster, I mean for a big guy he is super fast.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
yep. losing those pounds has made him very explosive. When I said earlier that he is faster, I mean for a big guy he is super fast.

How tall is he?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#49]
he's about 6'6

All these websites are saying he weighs 395. For his last pro-day I SAW the scale say 378.

youtube video

on a side note––––-the little white dude on the machine in front of him at about 1:50 in the video is my little cousin. Jasper makes him look tiny. But no Joke my little cousin is Raw in the weight room. He plays Corner and Jasper and 2 other linemen are the only ones who can out do him in the weightroom on the whole team. I saw him working out with the entire defensive line. He was making them look weak.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top