Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2001 4:34:24 PM EDT
I can not believe what I see most USGI AR used and new mags going for. Don't give me the bullshit about how they ain't making no more blah blah blah... They keep finding their way to market and some of the prices are nuts. Well the people selling are. I just bought me a dozen new (Sanchez NIW)and dozen used for less then most used sell for. Don't the asses paying big money realize if they sat back and relaxed the prices would stay relativley low[spank]
(less then $20 for NIW)? And used shit wouldn't be up on the boards for $15 to $20? It would be $10 to $12 for GOOD used stuff. I guess I've vented enough.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Would you say they're dumber than some one posting the same thread twice?
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It's called supply and demand, part of our great capitalist economy.  I need mags, I go out and buy them at the best price I can find.

What is your suggestion???  Don't buy any mags, let your AR sit around unfired, until the thousands of folks selling AR mags simultaneously have a change of heart and start selling mags at pre-94n prices???

Quoted:
...They keep finding their way to market...
View Quote

Or by this quote, I assume your advice is to buy mags off the back of a deuce-and-a-half, from come guy in cammies, and hope it never comes back to haunt you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can find a person who sells used USGI mags for $10-$15 then obviously buy them or let us know where you bought them and we can get the same deal.
However, if I need a magazine and the cheapest one I can find is $25. I can't look around forever looking for that $10 mag.
Also, the prices of magazines at a  New Hampshire gun show or dealer may be selling cheaper than those in Illinois.
Since the sales of used magazines from internet companies or mail-order are final. It is sometimes unwise to pay for something you can't see or inspect and then cannot return. This may end up costing more than that $25 mag.
Believe me, I looked around for months looking for used 20 round mags. Whether it was online, dealer or show, the average price was $30. I just picked up 2 used USGI 20 rounders for $20ea. in excellent cond. and I thought I got a good deal rather than paying $12 for a piece of crap USA mag. that would jam up on me.
If there were that many used magazines floating around for such cheap prices, then why does every gun shop I go to tell me they're out of USGI 20-30 round mags. If I would find them there a dealer would charge $80-100. So when I finally find one for $20, I'm buying the f**ker.
I may be a moron in your eyes, but I'm a moron who has the magazines I want.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
B_S,
Aren't you gonna tell us where we can get in on this deal?  Since you sat back and waiting for the right price, I'd like to do the same.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What the hell is the point of this post, to tell us how you are the mag master?  OK, you win, you are the man and we are all schmucks who pay full price, whatever.

BTW, Sanchez mags suck, genius.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW, Sanchez mags suck, genius.
View Quote

You care to explain why this is?  I got 10 NIW Sanchez all have green followers.  I paid an average of $23 to my door.  i thought that was a pretty good deal, most I have seen anywhere are $25 at the minimum.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, Ok.

I be the mag master back then.

I paid $5.00 before for used GI.

Who the man back then?

Now I can't say.

Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
BUSH_SNIPER,
Sometimes venting invites retalitory venting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]
As spokesman for the F'ing morons I feel like I am being screwed unless I over pay.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Consider yourself lucky guys. I see POS mags for $20 in Colorado, and $30 for new AR mags.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#11]
At least you have the oppurtunity to purchase hi caps we dont here in the prk.But my friend gave me 6 gi and 1 colt 20rounder when i purchased my ar 3 years ago as a gift all were niw except the colt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Bush_Sniper
Sorry to burst your bubble but I paid $260.00
for 26 30rnd. USGI contract, sealed in the
wrapper, with mfg. dates 89 90. I sold 12 of them to two buddies for what I paid for them.
I use the 30 dollar mags I purchased earlier
and have all those cheap new sealed in the
wrapper mags stored in ammo cans.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I pay $20 for Thermolds.
What does that make me ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Right before Y2K and the SB23 mag ban a local gunstore was selling 80% USGI crap for $125 a pop. They all sold.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:13:48 AM EDT
[#15]
akrazy,

You might have gotten a good deal and your mags may be OK, however, I have had problems with the five I purchased.  The comment was based on my limited personal experience and was more along the lines of f'ing with this guy than stating results from emperical data- no offense intended.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#16]
USGI 30 Round Mags, 70-80% at Ammoman: $18.00 each.

At Cheaper-Than-Dirt: $24.00 each for the above.

Now if you want some Ruger Factory mags for a Mini-14: $100.00 to $150.00 each. The lower price for the 20 Rounders, and the higher price for the 30 Rounders. But these are the only Mags that preform reliably in a Ruger, so you are stuck if you want everything to work properly.

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#17]
This past january I picked up 10 New labelles for $160.   Even got them on credit.  Also picked up 2 colt 20'rds for $20 a peice.  
Traded one SA battleback of ammo for 2 20 rders back in nov.  
All were thru private sellers.  Deals are out there, you need to get yourself known to everyone in your shooting area, then you will find the good deals.
c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top