Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/13/2011 10:43:34 AM EDT
Me and my father went to cabelas on saturday to stock up on primers and powder since they are supposed to go up next month.

We ended up spending more then we ever have in the past.  Today I got a coupon in the mail from Cabela's for a giant sale. I would have gotten $70 back from what I spent.

Do you guys think if I call they will give it to me?

If I didnt buy primers or powder I could just return everything and buy it all over again to get the $70, but because they are nonreturnable items I cannot return them

UPDATE:
Took me less then 90 seconds on the phone from when I dialed to when I hung up with $70 extra in my pocket  Talked to a girl at customer service, she took my club card number, and took my phone number to call if anything went wrong.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH CABELAS. I always liked the store, and now I like it even more.

edit: I didnt even talk to a manager, I just asked for someone at the customer service desk.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Will not hurt to try
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
No, but this year you will join us in receiving the hardbound, or even leather bound, Catalogs.

My wife cringes when she sees those in the P.O. Box.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I doubt it but you never know till you try, I'd at least ask.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I am willing to bet the fine print say not valid on prior purchases.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I had this happen a couple of years ago with a rifle I bought that went on sale 2 days after I bought it. They ended up giving me a gift card for the difference in price.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Give the manager a call, the one I work at does stuff like that all the time.

I would be willing to bet they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had this happen a couple of years ago with a rifle I bought that went on sale 2 days after I bought it. They ended up giving me a gift card for the difference in price.

I think thats a little different, because what I recieved is basically a coupon that I need to show.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Give the manager a call, the one I work at does stuff like that all the time.

I would be willing to bet they will take care of you.

You mean to call the store I went to? What deparment do I call and who do I ask for since its such a  huge place.

Thanks for the response, there is HOPE
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Cabela's has some of the best customer service around.  The absolute worst thing that will happen is they will say no.  It can't hurt to try.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I am guessing you just recieved the Cabela's Visa member flyer? $30 off 100, $50 off 200 and so on and so forth?

I don't even go to Cabela's unless I have one of those anymore. They come out every couple of months.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Call the main number and either see if you can get them to send you through to the manager, if not ask for the firearms department and give it a shot.

Good luck to you, I don't know how big your store is, Im sure its a little more difficult at the bigger stores than mine, but if the managers at your store are half competent, they will follow the company line and help out the customer, that is what keeps people coming back to the store, the little things like this.

I know for a fact this exact thing happens all the time, the post office doesn't always get our sale coupons and stuff out in time and people come in a load up without knowing about the sales until I hand them a sale paper over the gun counter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am guessing you just recieved the Cabela's Visa member flyer? $30 off 100, $50 off 200 and so on and so forth?

I don't even go to Cabela's unless I have one of those anymore. They come out every couple of months.

For some reason we never get them.

A couple months ago we went with my uncle. He had one and got $100 off of a $300+ purchase, we went to the front desk and they said our account had no offers .

I guess we dont spend enough but we go 4-5 times a year and each trip ends atleast being $150, usually around $200.

Quoted:
Likely there are provisions written into place that effects a particular point in time from which the coupons take effect.

That said it won't hurt to ask, all they can say is no.

Thats what I am thinking. The flyer says "please deliver by 4/11 -4/14.  But that is for usps, the coupon does say good through 4/29
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Call the main number and either see if you can get them to send you through to the manager, if not ask for the firearms department and give it a shot.

Good luck to you, I don't know how big your store is, Im sure its a little more difficult at the bigger stores than mine, but if the managers at your store are half competent, they will follow the company line and help out the customer, that is what keeps people coming back to the store, the little things like this.

I know for a fact this exact thing happens all the time, the post office doesn't always get our sale coupons and stuff out in time and people come in a load up without knowing about the sales until I hand them a sale paper over the gun counter.

The local one is Hamburg, PA and it is easily the largest store I have ever been in. Its about 5x larger then a Sam's club or BJ's size wise, and then 40% of it in the back has a second floor, but a  lot of the area is the aqurium and large setup of "stuffed animals" that they have on a miniture montain in the middle of the store.

Thanks, hopefully it will work!
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No, but this year you will join us in receiving the hardbound, or even leather bound, Catalogs.

they do go nice on a coffee table.

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Me and my father went to cabelas on saturday to stock up on primers and powder since they are supposed to go up next month.

We ended up spending more then we ever have in the past.  Today I got a coupon in the mail from Cabela's for a giant sale. I would have gotten $70 back from what I spent.

Do you guys think if I call they will give it to me?

If I didnt buy primers or powder I could just return everything and buy it all over again to get the $70, but because they are nonreturnable items I cannot return them

Worst they can do is say, "No."

Actually, they CAN laugh uproariously when saying "No," but that is uncommon.

Give it a try and post AAR.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Call them up..

They will credit your account on the phone..

I did it a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Right now I'm sitting on $52 in Cabela's points, and a $100 off of a $500 purchase. I'm having a real hard time not running down there and finding a nice new firearm for $152 off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#19]
The worst they can do is say no.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Right now I'm sitting on $52 in Cabela's points, and a $100 off of a $500 purchase. I'm having a real hard time not running down there and finding a nice new firearm for $152 off.

With the flyer I mentioned above, having just come in the mail, I intend to go to Cabelas this weekend to pick up a new 10/22 (listed at $229). $50 off for $200-299. $70 in Cabelas points. OTD at $110. Sell the stock on ebay and the barrel on gunbroker/arfcom/local site. Now I have new 10/22 receiver to do a target build on that only cost me around $30.

Edit: After mentioning this plan to my woman, she immediately made claim to my old 10/22 and demanded I paint it pink with Hello Kitty on it...
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You can get the Smith & Wesson M&P Sporter for $599 - $100 - $52 =$447 for a 16" AR that includes a rear sight. The only downsides are that its not a chrome lined barrel, has no forward assist, and no dust cover. For $450 that is AMAZING for an AR. Plus it has a 1.8 twist barrel so it can shooter heavier stuff then most AR's
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I think it will depend on the particular associate/manager you talk with.  I have had great and poor customer service from the same Cabela's.  Bad incident I saw last week was a guy in front of me in line for returns/customer service.  One clerk working with an increasingly long line.  Guy had a pair of boots that he wanted to exchange.  Girl said OK and go get the boots and come back.  Guy comes back to girl and waits till she is done with me.  Girl tells him he has to go to the back of the line and wait again (which at this point was even longer).  He didn't have the option of grabbing the boots first because when you bring in merchandise they corral you right away to the return desk after they put special tape on the item you brought in.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#23]
UPDATE:

Took me less then 90 seconds on the phone from when I dialed to when I hung up with $70 extra in my pocket  Talked to a girl at customer service, she took my club card number, and took my phone number to call if anything went wrong.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH CABELAS. I always liked the store, and now I like it even more.

edit: I didnt even talk to a manager, I just asked for someone at the customer service desk.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Good to hear.  I've been down on cabelas for a while and have been buying from smaller vendors lately.  I just got some great deals on powder and primers from powder valley.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#25]
did this at menards and they said no dice. So I returned $1000+  worth of merch and walked back to the contractors desk to reorder. When they delivered they accidentally delivered both orders. What do you think I should do with $1000 worth of sheetrock and insulation?
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
did this at menards and they said no dice. So I returned $1000+  worth of merch and walked back to the contractors desk to reorder. When they delivered they accidentally delivered both orders. What do you think I should do with $1000 worth of sheetrock and insulation?

return it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good to hear.  I've been down on cabelas for a while and have been buying from smaller vendors lately.  I just got some great deals on powder and primers from powder valley.

I go to cabelas soley for reloading supplies. Its about 35-40 minutes away btu they have anything I could ever want, and I cannot afford to buy enough powder and primers to made hazmat worth it.

Now with the $70 back this is what I got....

2lbs H335
2lbs Varget
1lb bullseye
1lb AA #7

5x1000 CCI 400's
250 berry's 9mm plated 115gr
200 .224 69gr SMK's

100x 38 special brass

and a couple more random things for a total of $240 including tax. There is NO way I could get that kind of deal online.

EDIT: I just looked. Jus the powder and primesr would be over $300 shipped online since both.

They seem to have 1-2 things in the reloading section with a GIANT mark down when I go there. I've alread gotten GM205M primers for less then $25 per k and Hornady 75 BTHP for around $12 per 100
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

return it.

Yes.  Do that.  I'd like to not see another pressure washer incident.

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

return it.

Yes.  Do that.  I'd like to not see another pressure washer incident.

I have no clue what you are talking about ....but oddly enough I scored a preshure washer this week. A gasket and some carb work and it works great!
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

return it.

It's been sitting outside for a couple months....think it's still good?
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

return it.

It's been sitting outside for a couple months....think it's still good?

God dammit.

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I figured they'd come get it after they realized their error? Unlike most people here I work 8-10 hours a day on a weird schedule. I'm almost never home when your average business is open. It seemed logical that they just come get it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I wish we had a Cabela's somewhere in the Cincinnati (or SW OH/N KY/SE IN) area.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wish we had a Cabela's somewhere in the Cincinnati (or SW OH/N KY/SE IN) area.

Bring me fireworks and I will allow you to come to our local one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I remember often hearing a story when I worked for CAB of a customer that bought some sort of fishing rod and broke it putting it in his car.  He came back in and said it just broke and they gave him another one.  A few minutes later, he came back into the store and said it broke again.  This time, he was given another one and the clerk put it in his car.

Whether this is true or not, the message was that customers basically get what they want.  I remember going through the "Bargain Cave" and seeing boots that had been returned after what looked like a tour in Afghanistan.  Many CAB customers have no shame and will try to return stuff they've put through hell - and the surprising thing was how willing the company was to bend over backwards for them.  Must've been all the mark-ups on used guns and the cheap, Chinese clothing that made things profitable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#36]
(Post update) Wow, thumbs up for great customer service Cabela's!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I drive there from Cincinnati in less than an hour?

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

According to Bing

Route:522.6 miles, 7 hr 40 min
7 hr 44 min in current traffic conditions

Sure you can, just drive a little faster, don't forget the 3" mortars....
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to Bing

Route:522.6 miles, 7 hr 40 min

7 hr 44 min in current traffic conditions

Sure you can, just drive a little faster, don't forget the 3" mortars....

So I'd just need a car able to drive 522 mph.

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

sell it and pay for a membership..
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You've got Bass Pro.
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got Bass Pro.

Bass Pro kinda sucks in comparison.

Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Good deal! I was watching to see how you made out. I'm assuming this was Hamburg?
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good deal! I was watching to see how you made out. I'm assuming this was Hamburg?

Yep
Link Posted: 4/13/2011 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

they do go nice on a coffee table.

Agreed...if you can work within its gravitational pull...an MSPaint of first Cabelas hardcover:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I love hearing good stories about Cabela's

I always consider them to be a classic case of capitalism...  A guy starts out making homemade fly fishing lures in his garage, and now 50 years later the company racks in over $1 billion a year.  Pretty awesome to think about.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I've had very, very good customer service from Cabelas ... above and beyond kind of service.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I will mention this post next time I shop at Cabela's.
Thanks, OP, for the AAR.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I've had nothing but good experience with Cabela's customer service.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Straight north on 75, veer onto 477 to MI,  carry on across state line,, maybe  20 mile to Cabelas right off exit..

70 east of Columbus into WV

Hammond Indiana Cabelas on 80-94,  maybe 9 mile west of I-65.

Michigan and WV maybe 3hr 1way...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top