Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/5/2011 4:20:15 AM EDT
There is a pretty good chance you are a scumbag.

Based on years of observation and analysis, I can state with some degree of certainty that nurses tend to gravitate toward the most low-life, disability check aspiring, wastes of carbon on the planet.

They will then cling to said low-life for years, patiently awaiting a marriage proposal, no matter how many times they are lied to, cheated on, or stolen from.

It is tragically fascinating.

Corroboration?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I am married to one, so thanks for your insightful assessment.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ETA: Needs more poll. OP is wrong in my experience.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever dude ... I'm on track to marry one now ... She was a medic in the military who served this country honorably in some of the most hellish conditions known to mankind, saved a lot of lives and sacrificed a lot of herself to do so.

So really, you can go fuck yourself.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#4]
So the nurse you like won't date you, but she'll stay with a dirtbag?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Based on years of observation and analysis, I can state with some degree of certainty that nurses tend to gravitate toward the most low-life, disability check aspiring, wastes of carbon on the planet.

They will then cling to said low-life for years, patiently awaiting a marriage proposal, no matter how many times they are lied to, cheated on, or stolen from.

Corroboration?

I think you're just being a dick.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ditto.

I wonder what the OP's significant other does for a living, and how we might use that knowledge to insult him personally.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread...

...will not end well

I could see some nurses who are very co-dependent dating scumbags, but there are co-dependent people working in ALL fields

I know quite a few regular, normal folks who's wives are nurses...hell, one of them is a Mod here
Speed
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Corroboration?

So, who did she leave you/ignore you for?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And this post hits it on the head........seems like OP is a little disgruntled.

And I take offense to this post.  My wife is a RN, as for me i don't think I am anywhere near a dirtbag.  I am a US Army Vet, Paramedic, Boy Scout Leader/District Officer and father. So maybe OP shouldn't generalize.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I take offense to this post.  My wife is a RN, as for me i don't think I am anywhere near a dirtbag.  I am a US Army Vet, Paramedic, Boy Scout Leader/District Officer and father. So maybe OP shouldn't generalize.

You sound like a jerk... you know who else was a jerk?  Audey Murphy! [/sarcasm]

It's a slow day...
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Corroboration?

So you are a rent-a-cop and the nursing staff won't date you and it really pisses you off?
I am married to a Nurse and just happen to be a Nurse myself, so knuckle head you can piss off!

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Winner
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I want to marry an RN so I get free prostate exams.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Corroboration?

I've always found that nurses gravitate towards pilots.  Oh, wait, I guess you're right.

TC

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I dunno,my mom was a nurse for 35 year and plenty of her co-workers sure could seem to dredge up some winners

However,just like every generalization,they're a cross section of society.The average person just ain't that awesome and half of all people ( or nurses as the case may be) are gonna be less awesome than that.

More nurses than usual seem to go a little overboard on the need to nurture and therefore find some pretty good project dudes but I've known plenty of girls who've made lifetime careers out of choosing nothing but bum dudes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Never dated a nurse, but i dated a PA for a while, what does that make me?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#18]
The Nurse and I are to be wed in August.  We've been together for 4 years.

Your theory-foo is weak
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I have one friend dating a nurse and two more that are married to nurses...

All good guys...
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:35:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like a jerk... you know who else was a jerk?  Audey Murphy! [/sarcasm]

It's a slow day...

Gonna have to agree on this one.. you sir are a scumbag. Your wife could do much better, but she is a nurse so why would she. Afterall nurses are attracted to losers.   I'm joking by the way.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So, who did she leave you/ignore you for?

And, who's he fly for?  

Good one, screech.

TC
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Corroboration?

I too have witnessed this with more than one nurses.  No joke.  However, I doubt that this is true in all cases.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:37:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I think you have got the wrong  RN  . Could it be a Rehab Nurse you have problems with,   not a Registered one?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#25]
My wife is a PA.  Does that make me a convicted felon?  I'm not really sure how the rules work....
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#26]
My roommate works in hospitals and from what she tells me just about every woman in scrubs is cheating on their SO and banging guys at work.  My friends who work in hospitals say the same thing.  I don't think I will ever get in a relationship with someone who wears scrubs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:41:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My roommate works in hospitals and from what she tells me just about every woman in scrubs is cheating on their SO and banging guys at work.  My friends who work in hospitals say the same thing.  I don't think I will ever get in a relationship with someone who wears scrubs.

My roommate is a CNA and she is working on getting her RN.  Her mother is an RN.  They both make horrible decisions when it comes to men.  95% of their men are convicted felons, or just losers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I only know one nurse, and her husband does indeed fit the OP's description.

You would probably need a lot more than that for any meaningful corroboration.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a slow day...

Gonna have to agree on this one.. you sir are a scumbag. Your wife could do much better, but she is a nurse so why would she. Afterall nurses are attracted to losers.   I'm joking by the way.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like a nurse pulled out her strap on and jammed it in you and now you're sore about it.........
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

+1
I'm an Air Force vet, a nurse and have been married to a nurse for years.
Sounds like you're the guy you're talking about.
Try waitresses and bartenders. They were always easy for me....

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:54:15 AM EDT
[#32]
OK, well I guess I'll relay that news to my dad, then. I'm sure he'd love to finally be clued in after being married to the same nurse for 28 years.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Had your heart broken by a nurse did ya?

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

I wonder what the OP's significant other does for a living, and how we might use that knowledge to insult him personally.

ditto ditto - Married to one and am one.  We must be bottom of the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:57:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I am married to dating one, so thanks for your insightful assessment.

+1
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Hmmm.  Of the nurses that I know, one fits that description.  The rest are either married to some pretty upstanding guys or are single (i.e., not with dirtbags).
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:58:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I dated a nurse. You must be the guy I stole her from.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Whatever dude ... I'm on track to marry one now ... She was a medic in the military who served this country honorably in some of the most hellish conditions known to mankind, saved a lot of lives and sacrificed a lot of herself to do so.

So really, you can go fuck yourself.

Winner!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I bet you could say this about any field that is predominantly female.

The take-home message for the slow is "they date a lot of scumbags because there are a lot of scumbags out there".

It reflects more on men than the women.

The women, they are smarter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Corroboration?

Somebody get dumped by a nurse?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:01:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Holy shit.

Talk about the thread not going the way the OP intended.

First, I am an RN.  My post was a reflection of the 8 or 9 times I have seen this happen with co-workers.  Typically a 30 something female with a poor specimen of a "boyfriend".

There is no rejected love interest that precipitated this post thoughI will agree that I am a jerk.

This post was simply triggered by a recent marathon of "but he says he loves me" drama from 2 separate RNs I thought I would get some corroboration from people who work with nurses, I did not intend to trigger the indignation of spouses.

Obviously there are happily married nurses who have wonderful spouses.  But those of you who took umbrage because you are married to a nurse... ask them.  They will probably tell you that they have heard enough stories from co-workers to draw the same conclusion I have.

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:01:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:02:00 AM EDT
[#44]
I am married to one as well. She was a fire fighter for 10 years and got her nursing degree in her off time. She has been a nurse for about 2 years now.

Sorry that you got your little feelers hurt by a nurse but you can go fuck yourself because you are way off..
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Same but married to a different one than CAR_16.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#46]
My wife's been a nurse for 14 years. We met in college.
We went to a lot of nurse weddings those first few years after college. Most that we are still in contact with are still happy.
I think the nurse to dumb ass ratio might be slightly higher than other professionals.
Part of it might be the fact that when you get that many of one gender together you're going to get some drama llamas.

I have a friend that works in the auto industry.  Seems like guys that build cars gravitate towards sluty, cheating alcoholics.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:07:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My wife's been a nurse for 14 years. We met in college.
We went to a lot of nurse weddings those first few years after college. Most that we are still in contact with are still happy.
I think the nurse to dumb ass ratio might be slightly higher than other professionals.
Part of it might be the fact that when you get that many of one gender together you're going to get some drama llamas.

I have a friend that works in the auto industry.  Seems like guys that build cars gravitate towards sluty, cheating alcoholics.

Im a mechanic and didnt even know it
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:07:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

Talk about the thread not going the way the OP intended.

First, I am an RN.  My post was a reflection of the 8 or 9 times I have seen this happen with co-workers.  Typically a 30 something female with a poor specimen of a "boyfriend".

There is no rejected love interest that precipitated this post thoughI will agree that I am a jerk.

This post was simply triggered by a recent marathon of "but he says he loves me" drama from 2 separate RNs I thought I would get some corroboration from people who work with nurses, I did not intend to trigger the indignation of spouses.

Obviously there are happily married nurses who have wonderful spouses.  But those of you who took umbrage because you are married to a nurse... ask them.  They will probably tell you that they have heard enough stories from co-workers to draw the same conclusion I have.

So you're going to make generalizations about all nurses based on your recent sample size of 2 drama llamas?

I was an RN in a previous career and have been working in large hospitals for over 20 years. We have over 2000 nurses in the division where I work. Yes, there are plenty of nurses with 'teh crazy', but your original assertion couldn't be more wrong.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Corroboration?

my ex wife the nurse would agree with you lol.
so would my nurse sister.

funny but i find nurses to be bat shit crazy, smokers, bitter. sames as cops.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#50]
wife and I are both RN's

happily married for 24 years

every so often some pathetic little worm comes along and gets stricken ...

we both get a good laugh over it ...

funny thing ...

that type of piss ant is just as likely to have a crush on me as my wife ...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top