Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/1/2011 6:14:56 AM EDT

"and I've never needed a government to hold my hand"

I know many of you do not care for country music, but dang, if this 'up and coming' music video (#2 on CMT) don't sum up a lot of about a lot of us, from beginning to end:

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for home.

I listen to country music, but the song doesn't ring a bell.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Tag for home.

I listen to country music, but the song doesn't ring a bell.

That's because it's not really country- Aaron Lewis is the lead singer for Staind
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]
One of my current fav songs
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate Aaron Louis. This might be a good song but I hate that whiny POS, so I'll pass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Been out a while. It's okay but then my friend keeps playing it on her iphone and annoyed the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I like it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:35:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I can dig it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess he couldnt make it singing that scream-o emo shit, so now he's trying his hand at the Kid-Rock style "Rock-a-Country" shit.

It started out confusing enough. There isnt much of a chorus, the verses seem to run into one another, and lets be honest, Lewis doesnt have what most would call a great voice. I dont suppose all of those Marlboro Reds help. .........and just when things seem like they couldnt be more of a clusterfuck,  they bring (rolled) in the Possum , and that clouded the water up even further.   It was just a clusterfuck. Just a clusterfuck.

But scince he mentions "9" and ".45" (and a the Possum) the majority of the membership here will download it to thier i-pods.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess he couldnt make it singing that scream-o emo shit, so now he's trying his hand at the Kid-Rock style "Rock-a-Country" shit.

It started out confusing enough. There isnt much of a chorus, the verses seem to run into one another, and lets be honest, Lewis doesnt have what most would call a great voice. I dont suppose all of those Marlboro Reds help. .........and just when things seem like they couldnt be more of a clusterfuck,  they bring (rolled) in the Possum , and that clouded the water up even further.   It was just a clusterfuck. Just a clusterfuck.

But scince he mentions "9" and ".45" (and a the Possum) the majority of the membership here will download it to thier i-pods.

+1

I'm curious what some fuckstick from Massachusetts knows about being a country boy, atleast by my definition of such. It is probably a lot like the country boy from the city of Detroit.

just for clarification, I actually like the song and like Kid Rock, but being a fake cowboy/country boy doesn't do much for me. I know what a "country boy" is. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#11]
tag for home
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#13]
That was horrible.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I can dig it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep, I thought it sucked. The arraingement wasn't moving and the song didn't seem to flow whatsoever. Just because he shows a Gadsen Flag and rifle and has some manly lines doesn't mean it's a good song.

Maybe Jamie Johnson could rewrite the premise of it and make a good song. At least he can sing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I'm curious what some fuckstick from Massachusetts knows about being a country boy, atleast by my definition of such. It is probably a lot like the country boy from the city of Detroit.

just for clarification, I actually like the song and like Kid Rock, but being a fake cowboy/country boy doesn't do much for me. I know what a "country boy" is. YMMV

Country folk are in every state, not just in the South....it only takes five minutes of talking with someone to figure out if they are true 'salt of the earth'....however in defense of the south, I would have to say there is a larger concentration of country folk than anywhere else.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I like it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#21]
It was a dupe when I posted it...

Still a good song.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Merle Haggard has BTDT. Rest are just posers. And ummm, neck tats? Don't think so.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought that was actually pretty cool.  I was just making fun of the band "staind" with my friend last night then, always thought they were lame, but this was actually pretty good.  I like the message and I think the country style suits this guy a lot better than that nu-metal bullshit did
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You really have no clue what your talking about.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Merle Haggard has BTDT. Rest are just posers. And ummm, neck tats? Don't think so.

Looking to sex him or something?
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Even though he's from MA, his home town is small. ~1200-1500 people. He's a hunter and conservative libertarian. I think the bigger question with his background is how he ended up in a rock band/Hollywood scene (which is what the song is about). I like it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#29]
WOW.......I didn't know how many music critics we have here.
I could post any song out there and someone on arfcom would bitch, say it sucks and the singer is a sellout for one reason or another.
The guys on our side.
I like the song.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Too many neck tats for me to even think about listening to.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Country folk are in every state, not just in the South....it only takes five minutes of talking with someone to figure out if they are true 'salt of the earth'....however in defense of the south, I would have to say there is a larger concentration of country folk than anywhere else.

Agreed. Despite popular belief the Redneck Family Tree has many branches- it's a way of life, a state of mind, not a place.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Cool song and I'm hardly a big listener to country music.

Is he from the Boston area ? ( I dont know )

Massachusetts is a pretty big state , with an awfully lot of rural areas .  

One doesn't necessarily need be from South of the Mason-Dixon to be a 'country-boy' ..........you cant automatically assume someone from New York , Michigan, or Massachusetts is going to dress/act like someone raised in Brooklyn , Detroit or Boston.

As much as many Southerners would like to think so , they absolutely do not have a monopoly on  'rednecks' , 'hicks' , 'cowboys' or 'country-boys' .
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I could post any song out there and someone on arfcom would bitch, say it sucks and the singer is a sellout for one reason or another.
The guys on our side.
I like the song.

word
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The guys on our side.

Damned straight skippy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I hate Aaron Louis. This might be a good song but I hate that whiny POS, so I'll pass.

No shit. His daddy gave him a spanking so he wrights a song about it crying like a pussy. This joker is just cashing in on whats popular right now,

Ill Pass.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Uh, ya, that song sucks, as do all Staind songs.  This one especially though, sucks.  It has no chorus or structure, it just kind of goes on and on.

BTW, according to Wiki, he is from just outside of Springfield Massachusetts, not some tiny country town.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm a Staind fan so I dig it. I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#38]
You know what I love?

How the "country" of ARFCOM is so quick to lay claim to what is and is not "country."  Oh, he can't be country, he's from Massachusetts.

Give. me. a. break.
"Country" is a commercialized, marketed product - just the same as emo, hipster, that 'alternative' debacle back in the 90s, punk, and dozens of others.  The only reason there's no redneck section in Hot Topic is because someone decided that it's more "country" to shop at Wal*Mart instead.

This is why I'm not a country boy.  I'm not a redneck.  I refuse to ascribe to the lifestyle and the philosophy that I have to be purposefully ignorant.
I love shooting.  I love fishing and hunting.  I love taking a fast vehicle down a muddy trail, I love drinking beer, and I love my family.  Not crazy about NASCAR, but whatever.
Despite my love for all most things "redneck," I am not one myself.  Because it's a stupid label with no meaning.

If you guys want to pick up that banner and wave it proudly, go for it.  But the rest of us think you're pretty ridiculous for championing such a commercialized, absurd cause.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I like it.

That is all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#40]
0:42
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#41]
like it except for the weed reference
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guys on our side.
I like the song.

word

So you'll be buying Mike Huckabee and the Little Rocker's debut album, then?  They're conservative, ya know....
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Who sings the song WAY OUT HERE?
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Cool song and I'm hardly a big listener to country music.

Is he from the Boston area ? ( I dont know )

Massachusetts is a pretty big state , with an awfully lot of rural areas .  

One doesn't necessarily need be from South of the Mason-Dixon to be a 'country-boy' ..........you cant automatically assume someone from New York , Michigan, or Massachusetts is going to dress/act like someone raised in Brooklyn , Detroit or Boston.

As much as many Southerners would like to think so , they absolutely do not have a monopoly on  'rednecks' , 'hicks' , 'cowboys' or 'country-boys' .

he is from the Springfield area.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Not bad. It's nice seeing someone who's part of (or was) mainstream music share similar views as myself.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

... And here I thought I did, till you handed down your almighty word.  Shall I don the gimp costume, sire?
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit. His daddy gave him a spanking so he wrights a song about it crying like a pussy. This joker is just cashing in on whats popular right now,

Ill Pass.    

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he had the same outlook through the past 10 years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I drink from the bottle and smoke a little WEED ! ! ! !
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#49]
It's sort of like Dr Dre singing country music, isn't it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Bocephus did this song a long time ago,and it was real.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top