Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 2/17/2011 6:05:44 PM EDT
Are pretty freaking nice.  I've been puffing away on this crazy device while surfing the web, no urge to go to the garage for a real one all day.  More like a hookah than a cig, but more like a cig than a cigar.  

It is strange to be puffing on a device that is currently powered by a USB port on my computer but it certainly beats the snot out of nicorrette as a nicotine delivery system.

I'm just shocked.  I had really low expectations for this and had to tell someone :D

Edit: hoping that the e-wife I plan to order in 2021 is just as good!
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What brand did you get?
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Joye 510.

Currently smoking me a blend of menthol & tobacco flavored juice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, yes they are.

I hope you have one that's refillable instead of those sealed types. Start shopping for ejuice now, for the price of a carton of cigs you can get several months worth of liquid
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, yes they are.

I hope you have one that's refillable instead of those sealed types. Start shopping for ejuice now, for the price of a carton of cigs you can get several months worth of liquid

Good to go on that.  I did a lot of research before taking the plunge and I got a bunch of juice flavors - mainly traditional smoke flavors - though I did get coffee. Not quite ready to try kool-aid punch or crap like that.

Picked up 3 bottles of juice, enough atomizers & batts to make 3 cigs, some extra tips and the USB passthrough.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, yes they are.

Good to go on that.  I did a lot of research before taking the plunge and I got a bunch of juice flavors - mainly traditional smoke flavors - though I did get coffee. Not quite ready to try kool-aid punch or crap like that.

Picked up 3 bottles of juice, enough atomizers & batts to make 3 cigs, some extra tips and the USB passthrough.

Good work. And good luck with the coffee - I got some once that tasted like someone squeezed a skunk.

After a while you might notice that smoke doesn't really taste so good anymore. RY4, Ruyan#4, something like that (depending on supplier) is a good place to start getting away from the tobacco tastes. Some suppliers have sample packs, Johnson's Creek for instance, so you can experiment a bit without buying 15 or 30ml of something that makes you gag.

I sold these things back before they got so popular, totally out of the loop on good companies since I dealt with the bigger distributors, but I've tried a little bit of everything. I'm sitting here puffing on a Ruyan pipe (aka - DSE601) right now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an honest question about these. Do they give off the odor of actual cigarettes? Because where I live now I can't smoke inside and it is getting extremely old hot boxing at -30 degrees.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

After a while you might notice that smoke doesn't really taste so good anymore. RY4, Ruyan#4, something like that (depending on supplier) is a good place to start getting away from the tobacco tastes. Some suppliers have sample packs, Johnson's Creek for instance, so you can experiment a bit without buying 15 or 30ml of something that makes you gag.

I sold these things back before they got so popular, totally out of the loop on good companies since I dealt with the bigger distributors, but I've tried a little bit of everything. I'm sitting here puffing on a Ruyan pipe (aka - DSE601) right now.

Wow that pipe is actually a really nice looking item.  I'm puffing on something that feels like a zebra pen lol.  

I've honestly wondered why the tooty-fruity and whatnot flavors were so popular and that kind of answers that.  I sure hope my coffee flavor don't taste like skunk butt.

I got mine from awesomevapor and they give you a sample of another flavor for every bottle you buy.

Question: will I get my sense of taste and smell back?

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope. The vapor might have a slight smell for a couple of seconds, but it's mostly water by the time you exhale. Someone sitting right next to you could smell it, but 10 feet away or through a wall, no way.
ETA - the above was in response to drunkintoaster

I think I got my smell and taste back, but of course I wouldn't know if it wasn't as good as quitting totally. It's better than it was, that's for sure.

EETA - that pipe was almost 4x more than my other epipes, the DSE601 and clones. I think Ruyan invented the things so they're trying to recoup their costs, in China so no patents and other outfits took the design for a fraction of the cost. Ruyan is really high quality, but not good enough to get over the price difference.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an honest question about these. Do they give off the odor of actual cigarettes? Because where I live now I can't smoke inside and it is getting extremely old hot boxing at -30 degrees.

Has no discernible odor.  I have a cat on my lap right now - no way that would happen with a real cig.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
They are pretty much odorless. My boss gave me an e-cigar, that thing was addicting as all get out, compared to real cigars which I smoke a lot of but am not addicted to. If you're looking for liquids, my buddy owns http://www.wetyourstick.com/
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Wetyourstick calls the one I was recommending "WYS4", look for the 4 in the name.

FYI - "555" is another tobacco flavor, based on a popular cig brand overseas.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought E-cigs were terrible at delivering any real amount of nicotine.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If yo uplan to buy a couple ecigs or a bunch of juice check out.

http://www.healthcabin.net

You will save a ton and they will send you a wholesale list. If you buy like 10 or 20 of the 30ml bottles at a time you can get them for under 5$ each.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Am I wrong?

I don't know to be honest.  It is the ritual I find important and why niccorrete, lozenges etc never worked for me.  And clove cigs are just nastay.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Am I wrong?

Use the hi test
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
A freind who smokes swears by these things.  He's trying to quit and says that this definitely helps him.  You still get to feel the cigarette between your fingers, and his lights up at the end when you take a drag, so it helps with the associated rituals of smoking.  I hang around while he's "smoking" and there's no odor at all, though I can see him exhale vapor.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I was just looking at some, which ones do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#18]
ooooo... this coffee flavor is nice.  I'd call it more caramel latte than coffee but it tastes real nice.

I hope hope I don't OD
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Am I wrong?

Depends on how you define "terrible" - burning tobacco and inhaling the smoke isn't an efficient delivery system either. You don't absorb the full amount of nicotine from a hit off an ecig, studies are all over the board on exact numbers, but a huge consideration is that ecigs aren't used the same way tobacco is. Lower quantity over a longer period vs. standing around sucking down an entire cig in 5 minutes (or whatever). The studies that say it's no more effective than sucking on an unlit cig fail to explain the total lack of withdrawal experienced by people who switch as well as the noticeable nicotine rush felt when switching to a higher concentration or using a new atomizer first thing in the morning.

Here is a thread discussing it on another site. I believe they say up to 50% absorption.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw an ad for ecigs in the in-flight magazine on the plane the other day...for some reason the model looked like a Russian crack whore hooker.

not sure what they were going for there

that's all I've got
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You will save a ton and they will send you a wholesale list. If you buy like 10 or 20 of the 30ml bottles at a time you can get them for under 5$ each.

Alot of people don't like Dekang which is what they sell, I only like the menthol from them. If you like dekang e-liquid.cn is very cheap for it in large quantities, shipping from china takes about 2 1/2 weeks though I used them a few months ago for 100 cartomizers and a few e-cig kits for gifts.

Making your own e-juice is cheapest though its what I do now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Joye 510 comes highly recomended and what the others i know use.  The one i tried was a m4 from www.innovapor.com (www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/innovapor/ for discounts. Also has info from other sellers.) It came with some intellicig ecopure that was a good tasting vg base juice but a buddy would buy in bulk from health cabin so i started just adding to his orders since it was alot cheaper. You can mix your own also.

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ooooo... this coffee flavor is nice.  I'd call it more caramel latte than coffee but it tastes real nice.

I hope hope I don't OD

You might like the ry4 (ruyan #4). I think another poster mention it but a different name.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alot of people don't like Dekang which is what they sell, I only like the menthol from them. If you like dekang e-liquid.cn is very cheap for it in large quantities, shipping from china takes about 2 1/2 weeks though I used them a few months ago for 100 cartomizers and a few e-cig kits for gifts.

Making your own e-juice is cheapest though its what I do now.

I don't think it's that bad but did like the intellicig ecopure better. I started blending some of the dekang and adding a little vg though. Wish i could remember the mix because it was good and i'm about out. I'm still smoking so rarely use the ecig now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joye 510 comes highly recomended and what the others i know use.  The one i tried was a m4 from www.innovapor.com (www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/innovapor/ for discounts. Also has info from other sellers.) It came with some intellicig ecopure that was a good tasting vg base juice but a buddy would buy in bulk from health cabin so i started just adding to his orders since it was alot cheaper. You can mix your own also.

Ok, here's what I got

–– 1 X Joye eGo
Starter Kit @ $64.00 = $64.00

- Color:Black

–– 10 X 510/eGo Refill Cartridge @ $0.60 = $6.00

–– 4 X WYS4 (30ml E-Liquid) @ $15.00 = $60.00

- Strength:High (24mg)

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I dont think you can get the zerostyle tobacco in the states, would be nice if it was available.  My brother and friend use this zerostyle tobacco "cigarette," alot of people say it works great.  Anyways, here is what it looks like:

Zerostyle ad

more
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Another + for Joye 510.  The wife, neighbors and I have all been cig free since July 2010.  This was especially surprising for my 60 year old neighbor who's smoked since he was 6.

I would highly suggest getting an extra battery or two, and get the XL batteries.  If you work at a desk, the USB pass through is the way to go.  Also, low resistance atomizers are the foshizzle.

I get my juice from Johnson Creek, which is located here in the US (Wisconsin I think), and their deliveries only take 2 days to get to Austin.  I like the RY4 juice (which is Janty), but from Johnson Creek the Original, Tennessee Cured and Espresso are the way to go.  To change things up a bit I'll puff some Mercado (tabacco, clove, cinnamon) every now and again.

As for the smell, the juice, once exhailed, does have a smell (i.e. the flavor your smoking) but people who don't smoke either don't mind it or like it, and it doesn't stay around for more than a couple of seconds.

Good Luck!

EDIT.  if you're worried about your nic intake; I use the medium level 18mg and I'm just fine.  I use to be a pack a day smoker of Camel or Winston lights.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

joye ego.  also, refillable cartomizers > atomizers > non refillable cartomizers.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

joye ego

thats what I got, along with some extra juice and refills... look 3 posts up. Hopefully it works

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

joye ego

thats what I got, along with some extra juice and refills... look 3 posts up. Hopefully it works

nice.  the extended battery life of the ego is worth it over the slimmer 510.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#31]
I really like the Joye510, but the atomizer life seems to be shorter than a DSE901 (for instance). That may be caused by the manual battery and/or a change in my habits when using it. Of course, I've had DSE suppliers that made total crap atomizers that lasted a much shorter time than even a 510, but the good ones outlast even my best 510.
I've never tried the big battery devices, I got out of the business just as those were starting to become popular.

Worth it, though. Replacing atomizers every 2-3 months is still cheaper than smoking.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's what I got

–– 1 X Joye eGoStarter Kit @ $64.00 = $64.00

Got a link to the site where you placed your order?  I've been a pack-a-day smoker for almost 10 years, and this e-cig stuff is starting to look rather appealing.

I've always smoked marlboro red 100s up until the special blends came out, now I'm on the special blend red 100s.  What level nicotine would you guys recommend?  Medium or High?

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I stopped smoking regular cigarettes almost immediately after getting one. Within two months I was done with the E Cigarette too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#35]
just quit dude
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm trying to bring e-dip to the market.  FDA approval is a bitch.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#37]

My wife started on e-cigs 6 months ago and hasn't smoked since! She has been a hard-core smoker all her adult life and switched over to this with ease. She hates the thought of even picking up a smoke now.
Btw, she uses the Joye 510 and gets her supplies from http://cignot.com  <<< Good people and fast shipping.

Congrats to you OP, glad it's working for you!

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm looking at that website right now, specifically https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-ego-all.htm.

The kit contents are...

"Included in this kit is 2 650mAh batteries, 2
510 atomizers, 2 atomizer covers,  5 prefilled carts (Marlboro High), 1
eGo fast USB charger, 1 AC to USB adapter, 1 pouch, 1 instruction
sheet. Cartridges may be round or whistletip. If you have a preference,
please specify in the comments."

Now I have to pick my options for ecig 1 and 2.  This is where I'm lost, what should I get?  I'm assuming if I get the passthrough models, this will allow me to have the e-cig powered off of a usb port rather than the battery, correct?  If so, I may go with the manual black passthrough models for both since I'm at my desk a lot...but if I do that, will I still get the two 650mAH batteries or are those replaced when when I choose the passthrough options?  If I read the passthrough description correctly, I believe I can use it as a normal battery.

I also noticed that I can only do the 1000mAH passthrough on the first ecig, not the second.  I'm assuming the second passthrough will be 650mAH since it doesn't specify.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's what I got

Got a link to the site where you placed your order?  I've been a pack-a-day smoker for almost 10 years, and this e-cig stuff is starting to look rather appealing.

I've always smoked marlboro red 100s up until the special blends came out, now I'm on the special blend red 100s.  What level nicotine would you guys recommend?  Medium or High?

this is where i order my supplies from

joye ego: http://www.litecigusa.net/category_s/137.htm

joye ego cartomizer:  http://www.litecigusa.net/510_Blank_Cartomizers_p/510bogesoftcartosb.htm

e-juice:  http://www.vaporbomb.com/

http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/

http://tastyvapor.webs.com/

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's what I got

joye ego cartomizer:  http://www.litecigusa.net/510_Blank_Cartomizers_p/510bogesoftcartosb.htm

Just to keep things simple, I'd like to get everything from one place.  The prices at that cignot url don't seem too bad based on what I've seen so far.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#41]
placeholder for when I get home, I used to be a wholesaler/importer for ecig stuffs direct from the manufacturers, and an expert on e-cigarette-forum.com.  LOTS of bad/wrong info out there on these.

Eta:  those on the fence, dont buy anything til I update this, you'll thank me later
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'm looking at that website right now, specifically https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-ego-all.htm.

The kit contents are...

"https://www.cignot.com/v/vspfiles/templates/101/images/clear1x1.gifIncluded in this kit is 2 650mAh batteries, 2 510 atomizers, 2 atomizer covers,  5 prefilled carts (Marlboro High), 1 eGo fast USB charger, 1 AC to USB adapter, 1 pouch, 1 instruction sheet. Cartridges may be round or whistletip. If you have a preference, please specify in the comments."

Now I have to pick my options for ecig 1 and 2.  This is where I'm lost, what should I get?  I'm assuming if I get the passthrough models, this will allow me to have the e-cig powered off of a usb port rather than the battery, correct?  If so, I may go with the manual black passthrough models for both since I'm at my desk a lot...but if I do that, will I still get the two 650mAH batteries or are those replaced when when I choose the passthrough options?  If I read the passthrough description correctly, I believe I can use it as a normal battery.

I also noticed that I can only do the 1000mAH passthrough on the first ecig, not the second.  I'm assuming the second passthrough will be 650mAH since it doesn't specify.  

the options for ecig 1 and ecig 2 are the options for the two batteries that comes with the kit (colors, manual/automatic,, w/ usb passthrough).  imo you want to get the manual batteries.  the pass through lets you charge your batteries thru the USB which connects to your computer, so yes.  i don't know what the difference is between the 650mah and 1000mah but you only need one usb for both batteries.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:

The kit contents are...

"https://www.cignot.com/v/vspfiles/templates/101/images/clear1x1.gifIncluded in this kit is 2 650mAh batteries, 2 510 atomizers, 2 atomizer covers,  5 prefilled carts (Marlboro High), 1 eGo fast USB charger, 1 AC to USB adapter, 1 pouch, 1 instruction sheet. Cartridges may be round or whistletip. If you have a preference, please specify in the comments."

the options for ecig 1 and ecig 2 are the options for the two batteries that comes with the kit (colors, manual/automatic,, w/ usb passthrough).  imo you want to get the manual batteries.  the pass through lets you charge your batteries thru the USB which connects to your computer, so yes.  i don't know what the difference is between the 650mah and 1000mah but you only need one usb for both batteries.

I imagine the difference between 650 and 1000 would be battery life.

My next question is...does the passthrough just allow me to charge via usb, or does it basically "Shut off" the battery and allow the e-cig to run off of USB?  I would think the latter since the kit does come with a USB fast-charger.  If it's the former, then getting the passthrough kit seems kind of redundant since the USB fast-charger is included...

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The kit contents are...

I imagine the difference between 650 and 1000 would be battery life.

My next question is...does the passthrough just allow me to charge via usb, or does it basically "Shut off" the battery and allow the e-cig to run off of USB?  I would think the latter since the kit does come with a USB fast-charger.  If it's the former, then getting the passthrough kit seems kind of redundant since the USB fast-charger is included...

you're right.  the pass through lets you use the e-cig while it's connected to the usb port.  the fast charger lets you charge the batteries through the usb port.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's what I got

Just to keep things simple, I'd like to get everything from one place.  The prices at that cignot url don't seem too bad based on what I've seen so far.

they have pretty good prices for starter kits and supplies.  i don't know about their e-juice though.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I need to stop smoking... I havent put alot of thought into the E-cigs until I started reading this thread... I have no clue as to where to start or what I need... It looks like this thread will deliver!!!  Can anyone throw out a basic start up cost? Its costing me almost 35.00 a week as it is right now...
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Joye 510.

Currently smoking me a blend of menthol & tobacco flavored juice.

You can get different "flavors" for that model cant you??
I am asking because I am interested in giving these a try to stop my smoking once and for all and I want one that has the ability to try different "flavors" of "smoke"
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's what I got

I ordered everything from http://www.wetyourstick.com/

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I need to stop smoking... I havent put alot of thought into the E-cigs until I started reading this thread... I have no clue as to where to start or what I need... It looks like this thread will deliver!!!  Can anyone throw out a basic start up cost? Its costing me almost 35.00 a week as it is right now...

I was in the same boat, most of my friends swore by them but I never got around to homework and actually ordering.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, here's what I got

they have pretty good prices.  i don't know about their e-juice though.

I'm currently looking at your litecigusa links, prices for the kit and cartomizers aren't too bad.

So this cartomizer is basically the atomizer and cartridge in one piece, and it's refillable?  About how long would you say a cartomizer lasts?  Is your choice of cartomizer over atomizer/cartridge based on convenience reasons, or are there other advantages with this option?

ETA:  I'm reading the reviews on those cartomizers.  It seems they result in a better pull/vapor, and are easier on the batteries.  Seems like a good option so far, I'm just trying to figure out about what my maintenance costs will be...i.e., how often I'll have to order juices and cartomizers.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top