Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/8/2011 7:37:31 PM EDT
Anyone here keep up with the 'Nutnfancy Project" on you tube? He talks alot but seems to have some good weapon and gear reviews.
http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy

"Welcome to The Nutnfancy Project or TNP. I am an INDEPENDENT reviewer of "dangerous things" like knives, guns, tac gear, and other stuff I dig. I also review a variety of outdoor equipment. My focus is on high quality stuff that I like, that lasts, and delivers exceptional service for the price paid. I believe all gear should be systems based, integrating into a "Philosophy of Use" (POU) that the has been planned by the user. I have provided several foundational videos that discuss these POUs with the gear. My primary charter at TNP is a consumer advocate for my valued subscribers and I steer them towards the good deals and good dealers. As TNP continues to grow, this commitment will not change... only the ways I can best achieve it.
My reviews are based on my own varied experiences but admittedly I am not the end-all expert. My reviews are based in logic and experience but also my own preferences. This provides a rudder to TNP as I steer us through the maze of many gear options. I may miss stuff here and there but hopefully my vids show the well-reasoned logic and experience that form their foundation. I never rest with my own "systems" either; always striving for perfection when technology provides advancements. Also I'm always learning from my subscribers who are smart in their own gear applications.
About Me: Each video represents my views at the time it was made. I am always striving to improve the accuracy, entertainment value, fun level, and quality of my videos.
Gear reviews are the basis of TNP. But along they way I show many outdoors adventures with the TNP Crew. I encourage defense of good people, our freedoms, making good memories with family and friends, investing your time wisely, and being responsible.
MY INTENDED AUDIENCE FOR TNP: Targeted towards Law Enforcement and Military, my reviews are also intended for responsible civilians too and I fully support the concept of an armed, free people. I also acknowledge and thank my audiences around the world that sadly do not enjoy our freedoms in the US.
WHO IS NUTNFANCY?: Lt Col USAF with 20 yrs of experience in all theaters of war. Other associations too.
THE NUTNFANCY MISSION: To have fun and to help good people around the world learn about quality gear and not get ripped off. I enjoy helping cops, pilots, soldiers, and good citizens everywhere navigate the bewildering array of offerings and disinformation about it all. My reviews often drive sales worldwide so I work carefully and with high integrity. Along the way, I also encourage political activity to preserve our freedoms. I'm not trying to be better than anyone else, act like my opinion is the best, be a poser, be Superman, save the world, invent the cure for cancer, or act like the expert of experts. I'm just doing my thing, sharing my takes, having fun, and keeping it real. My promise to my subscribers is to keep my critiques real, honest, and as accurate despite the hater, hyena, and brand myopic flak.
DEATH THREATS: Yep these exist against me and my family (graphic ones)...punishment for TNP's success I guess. I remain focused on the positive message of TNP and remain focused on serving my subscribers with cool adventures, quality information, and realness. I thank my TNPrs for the support against these unfounded criticisms and possessed critics that let Verilioness and myself move TNP forward!
REVIEW REQUESTS: I get thousands of these but will only be able to do some of them. Some items are just hard to get and others I just don't care for and it would just be a negative review. Also this is just a hobby for me (can you believe it?!) and as such I try to keep it fun..
RESPONDING TO COMMENTS AND PMs: The demands of my real jobs and keeping the TNP going often prevent my replies to your messages. Most of my edited videos take 1 to 3 days to create. I do this in between my military, other job, friend, and family commitments. Moreover I am constantly engaged in my own gear projects which I usually share with you in video form. Yes I'm maxed out but I have a strong work ethic and will continue to produce hundreds of more videos full of adventure, fun, good times, and useful information. But answering the PMs sadly takes a backseat to this production priority. I strive now to answer more Channel Page Comments so others may benefit from the discussion. I will give video updates on the Project every quarter!
THE FUTURE: Surprisingly to me, I have created an internet phenemona with TNP: an adventure channel with gear reviews of guns, knives, and other cool stuff. MANY now copy my formula almost exactly and even do reviews in my style. That is flattering but I doubt anyone will ever duplicate the breadth, personality, and heart of TNP. Also TNP will grow bigger as time goes on and I will use that clout for you to get good gear at good prices. I am humbled by the popularity of TNP but it will never go to my head. I remained focused on the TNP mission of realness in gear assessments, fun, the preservation of liberty, and promoting and protecting the good things in life.
YOUR SUPPORT: Thanks for your nice comments, the good ratings, slapping down the dummies and TNP-possessed hyenas for their stupid and sometimes hateful comments, and especially the subscriptions as this feedback encourages me to make more.
FREEDOM: Patriots belong in the NRA. Please join and keep membership current.
The Nutnfancy Way: "It's not about following the crowd, but about creating the path that the crowd will follow." -LJ Garcia ///TNP LLC "
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
was actually watchin some of his videos today....good stuff
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
In before the shitstorm.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
who?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
That giant wall of text- that's actually the average amount of words in each video review.

Someone post the comic of the Glocknade and him. I laugh everytime.

Nevermind, I'll do it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Not very popular here for reasons that I've never fully understood. I appreciate his reviews though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not very popular here for reasons that I've never fully understood. I appreciate his reviews though.

Because he has 67 minute videos on YouTube talking about things that could be said in 6 or 7 minutes....

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#9]
This man is the greatest thing to happen to the firearms industry and the gun world since smokeless powder.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I enjoyed watching his videos and seeing his reviews until I watched his body armor review.

He is of the opinion that only LEO/MIL should have access to it so I have a really hard time watching his stuff now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This man is the greatest thing to happen to the firearms industry and the gun world since smokeless powder.

How?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because he has 67 minute videos on YouTube talking about things that could be said in 6 or 7 minutes....  

That's why I avoid his videos.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A lot of the people who bash him don't fully understand why they bash him either, they just jump on the band wagon. Mob mentality and all.

So far as I can tell, he does talk a LOT and can be redundant sometimes, but his reviews are pretty much always thorough and concise. Unless there is something I don't know about him or his videos that is seedy, I'll say he seems cool.

And now just watch, in this thread you won't find many people trashing him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]
30 minutes of babble.

He has no technical knowledge of weapons, so I don't watch anything of his.

His reviews are pretty much him describing how a weapon "feels" and what color it is. He's delusional, self-important and a stroke survivor by the look if his disfigured face.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Since I have a knife addiction, I've come across a few of his knife reviews, and I watch them with a grain of salt, like I do all reviews.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
look at Hickock45's videos as well, they're pretty good, not nearly as long and wordy
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#17]
He is a dumbass and his lips are messed up but I like some of his reviews, in the same way I like watching my hillbilly uncle try to explain something that is exciting and new to him that the world learned about five years ago.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Sometimes I cannot stand him. but his videos are interesting.

It annoys me that he never mentions Primary Arms. Especially in his Kel-Tec booth thing at shot 2011. He zooms right in on a PA micro and talks about it but acts like he doesnt know what it is even though it clearly says "Primary Arms right on the side he has the camer right up to. Yet he will sit there and say how he loves his tasco or barska reddot.

Also all of his slang and crap he says is annoying and he just repeats 100x in each sentence. Plus he has issues staying on topic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How?

He gets people stoked and excited to own tactical guns and equipment allowing even your average Joe-Bob to morph into a Seal-Ranger spec-ops operator, thus stimulating the gun insdustry and inviting innovations that revolutionize combat, like the Magpul B.A.D. lever and the angled fore-grip.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thanks for that endorsement Mrs Nutnfancy.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I enjoyed watching his videos and seeing his reviews until I watched his body armor review.

He is of the opinion that only LEO/MIL should have access to it so I have a really hard time watching his stuff now.

Do you have a link to that video? There are a million on his damn account
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Kind of a nozzle, but harmless.  I've watched a few of his videos just to see what he was all about.  I doubt I'll watch anymore.  But hey, he can do his thing all he wants.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#24]
That guy is enough gear queer for a hundred ARFCOMers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

say what.

I would say I can do with out him - if you enjoy his reviews good for you but in my opinion I would not waste my time
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How?
Don't feed the trolls.

I got nothing against the guy but I can't stand watching his so called reviews where he hasn't even shot the gun.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I've got nothing against what he's trying to do or him personally but he has a way of coming off as a kind of a doucher in his videos.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I enjoy watching his youtube videos, i think he does  a good job
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Ill take your nutnfancy and raise you a hickock 45
Hickock45 Youtube

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#32]
He's a tool.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a link to that video? There are a million on his damn account

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#34]
NutNFancy is a fucking idiot...dude.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#35]
He has some quirks, but he still does more to get the knowledge out than most people.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#37]
He's okay. I watch his videos from time to time. I don't love him, but I never got the hate for him, either.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't care for him, YMMV
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He has some quirks, but he still does more to get the knowledge out than most people.

+1 Compared to most of the gun reviews and people out there, he does a good job

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How?

He gets people stoked and excited to own tactical guns and equipment allowing even your average Joe-Bob to morph into a Seal-Ranger spec-ops operator, thus stimulating the gun insdustry and inviting innovations that revolutionize combat, like the Magpul B.A.D. lever and the angled fore-grip.

Which is why there are videos of him running that timed course with a 22 and a mini-14 and a ruger lcp  

Yes, his videos are long. Yes, he talks a lot. But as far as I can tell he really doesn't take himself too seriously. He gets people to pay attention and talk about guns, what's the harm in that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#41]
He knows what it takes to make money on youtube. Meh.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I appreciate that he tries to put out some informational videos, but he needs to work on his brevity and expertise, not necessarily in that order.

If anybody thinks they can do better though, well youtube don't charge ya a dime to post, knock yourself out.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

he gets paid for that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#44]

This. Hickok45 is BY FAR the best firearm "reviewer(?)" on youtube. I created my youtube account solely so I could subscribe to his videos and be informed of every time he makes a new one. He is in a league of his own.

Another decent watch is "Tactical Tim".

I appreciate what nutnfancy does and all but he is just wayyyyyyy too over the top for me. The best way I can describe him is a tactical-nuke-fart. If you need any further explanation let me know.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

he gets paid for that?

Yes
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he gets paid for that?

Yes

by youtube?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I think the guy is an unprofessional, annoying asshat. If he wants to play gun writer, fine, but that entails a certain level of professionalism he seems to lack. His recent SHOT videos were proof that he needs to become a PNG and make a whole lot of people's lives easier. Professional gun writers don't trash anyone's products while talking to their competitors on camera, they don't act like a 13 year old while interviewing company spokespeople when they are obviously tired and ready to go home. I was REALLY wishing the KelTec guy would have told him to GTFO at SHOT this year, he definitely had it coming.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

NutNFancy is a fucking idiot...dude.

This.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#50]
DUDE!  You could totalllllly cerekote that!      45 minute knife reviews that need more jimping

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top