Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/1/2011 4:15:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
WIKILEAKS:  'AL-QAIDA ON BRINK OF USING NUKE BOMB'

Potassium Iodide.....Check

We really need to start profiling here in America.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Freaking Racist; How could you propose such a thing

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Time to step things up...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
It should 'go off' while still in their possession. Oops.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Granny's, little boys, and large breasted women will be the delivery methods.  TSA has this covered.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It should 'go off' while still in their possession. Oops.

Someone needs to send a spam text to every cell phone in the world.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
.mil and DoHS gets shitloads of these "tips" from the ME all the time

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#11]
It would be mean-spirited and racist of us to think of our survival over the risk of offending another culture.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Do we have any capability to detect nuclear materials from low altitude aircraft? If not we better come up with a way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont worry we are Safe

System Works baby

http://imaksim.com/images/stories/gallery/napolitano_494.jpg
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
A very poorly sourced article with very little no understanding of the difference between a the material for a dirty bomb and a fission weapon.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the same wikileaks that was going to dump the dirt on the big banks in January.

This is February.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh we will just turn the me into glass...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't worry. Obama will give a speech about the subject and everyone will get along.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dont worry we are Safe

System Works baby

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No that wont happen till after the bomb goes off. I have said for 20 years that the liberals in this country will continue to fuck us and get a lot of people killed. Its coming.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#20]

If AQ wanting to do this comes as a surprise to anyone, they haven't been paying attention.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Dont worry we are Safe

System Works baby

http://imaksim.com/images/stories/gallery/napolitano_494.jpg

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Don't worry. Obama will give a speech about the subject and everyone will get along.

That there ^^^

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I work at a nuke, therefore I live near a nuke, therefore even it's more likely that I'll get hit by lightning, I have KI in the house.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#24]
potassium ioded wont work against a dirty nuke.

Its only useful against the radiation released from nuclear fission.

There is no fission in a dirty bomb.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#25]
You know, the conservatives in this country really should not pay for the mistakes of the liberal/progressives.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Granny's, little boys, and large breasted women will be the delivery methods.  TSA has this covered.

Oh look, the broken record is playing again.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#27]
If that happens...honestly...it needs to be GAME-FUCKING-ON!

Course...Obama will most likely just apologize to the Middle East then bow to China for good measure.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#28]
They need to fear us more than they hate us.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#29]
If/when one does go off, say good-bye to the freedoms that we have left.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Doesn't PI only protect against thyroid cancer?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That won't help us. You have plenty of converts like Jihad Jane. She's seen better years but blond hair blue eyes.

AQ would just use converts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No that wont happen till after the bomb goes off. I have said for 20 years that the liberals in this country will continue to fuck us and get a lot of people killed. Its coming.

Fits into their plans perfectly.

Now I am not saying that 9-11 was an inside job or anything (troofers are dumb), but it was one hell of a crisis and they sure as heck didn't let it go to waste (both parties). The TSA, banking regulations, internet monitoring, warrant-less wire taps and housing American citizens in overseas military prisons were all put in place without much question as a result of the attack on the WTC and the Pentagon.

One can only imagine what the government would enact as a result of multiple radiological terrorist attacks on US soil.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fits into their plans perfectly.

Now I am not saying that 9-11 was an inside job or anything (troofers are dumb), but it was one hell of a crisis and they sure as heck didn't let it go to waste (both parties). The TSA, banking regulations, internet monitoring, warrant-less wire taps and housing American citizens in overseas military prisons were all put in place without much question as a result of the attack on the WTC and the Pentagon.

One can only imagine what the government would enact as a result of multiple radiological terrorist attacks on US soil.

So you're sort of announcing in advance that you're going to be a ________ (whaever the next terrorist attack is called) "troofer"

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think PI is only good for a reactor leak, I don't think a nuke bomb produces much radioactive Iodine as a detonation by-product.

It doesn't produce any unless there is radioactive iodine already in it.

Dirty bombs are just conventional explosives which spread some type of radioactive material all over the place.  They're really more to freak people out than cause  mass casualties; I highly doubt Al-Qaeda could get highly radioactive material past the net of passive scanners which have been installed all over the US.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#35]
They don't need a dirty bomb or materials to build a bomb because there are still 16 Russian " Backpack" Nukes that are unaccounted for somewhere in this world.
With the most porous border on Earth and the fact that an Arab without his beard looks alot like a Mexican they could already be here waiting for orders.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Do we have any capability to detect nuclear materials from low altitude aircraft? If not we better come up with a way.

Yes, we do.  And "hot" materials show up quite well.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#37]
How much more damage does a dirty bomb do than a conventional bomb? Is it more psychological?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Doesn't PI only protect against thyroid cancer?

Indirectly.  PI (or rather, KI), floods your thyroid with non-radioactive iodine so that it won't pick up any of the highly radioactive I-131 that floats around after a fissile explosion, thus preventing thyroid damage.

With dirty bombs, it's not an issue.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If/when one does go off, say good-bye to the freedoms that we have left.

At 50, I haven't experienced a fraction of what we lost, so, enlighten me.

And just to be clear, I'm not the pres.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Radioactive iodine is a fission product that would be released in case of a nuclear accident with radioactive release.  The thyroid gland has an affinity for iodine.  When you take the KI pill (yes, KI as K is the atomic symbol for potassium), it saturates your thyroid gland so that it cannot absorb any more iodine, therefore you won't get thyroid cancer since your thyroid can't absorb radioactive iodine.

For those who care.

Beat by a minute and a half.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#41]
so if the do this should we nuke the country that spawned the attackers? I think so.would send a clear message NOT TO FUCK WITH US.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

How much more damage does a dirty bomb do than a conventional bomb? Is it more psychological?

The actual physical damage done by a dirty bomb depends on how powerful the explosive was.  The radioactive material adds nothing to the blast.

The real value of a dirty bomb is scattering radioactive material all over the place and contaminating a large area.  Even if the radiation levels are relatively low it will cause mass panic and prevent the use of the contaminated area for months, if not years.

There are people who still are freaked out about a tiny radiation leak at Three Mile Island.  Just scattering a couple of millicuries worth of uranium in downtown New York would cause a mass hysteria.  Manhattan would become a ghost town.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A dirty bomb lacks the concussion blast and initial massive release of gamma rays and neutrons that a nuclear weapon produces.

It does however spread radioactive material over a fairly large area. Enough to irradiate an entire city and leave it inhospitable for years.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
.mil and DoHS gets shitloads of these "tips" from the ME all the time

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

The problem for western intelligence analysts is to constantly process through the "signal to noise" ratio to determine what "signal" might be real amid a constant sea of background "noise."

And if they fail to detect a real signal in time, millions could be killed.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That won't help us. You have plenty of converts like Jihad Jane. She's seen better years but blond hair blue eyes.

AQ would just use converts.

Which is exactly how insular organizations get infiltrated.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If that happens...honestly...it needs to be GAME-FUCKING-ON!

Course...Obama will most likely just apologize to the Middle East then bow to China for good measure.  

If we had a REAL leader, he (or she) would stand up and tell the Islamic world, "ANY nuclear terrorist attack against us will result in one Islamic nation being eliminated from the face of the earth. We'll pick one at random and it will cease to exist."

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh look, the broken record is playing again.

...and you're playing the cop-out part quite well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Radioactive iodine is a fission product that would be released in case of a nuclear accident with radioactive release.  The thyroid gland has an affinity for iodine.  When you take the KI pill (yes, KI as K is the atomic symbol for potassium), it saturates your thyroid gland so that it cannot absorb any more iodine, therefore you won't get thyroid cancer since your thyroid can't absorb radioactive iodine.

For those who care.

Beat by a minute and a half.

To add to that... Iodine 131 has a half life of 8 days, so you would need enough potassium iodine for about 2 weeks to be safe. After that, most of the Iodine 131 in the atmosphere should have transmuted into an element less radioactive.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They need to fear us more than they hate us.

This.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I would feel safer if he was on the payroll.
I mean he's stopped what

2  nuke attacks already
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2008/12/30/kiefer460.jpg
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top