Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/1/2011 4:36:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Along with Egypt, all part of the formation a the new Islamic Caliphate in the middle east?

Maybe secular dictators were better after all.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh Shit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
and so it begins.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Relax. Hillary and the O have the ball.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I cant tell if Im reading the news or a Tom Clancey novel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Relax. Hillary and the O have the ball.

And they will be sitting on it, right after they insert their thumbs up their asses.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Day 1
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope the Zambonis are working overtime preparing the Plains O'Megiddo.  Looks like we're right on schedule for 2012.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:57:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope the Zambonis are working overtime preparing the Plains O'Megiddo.  Looks like we're right on schedule for 2012.  

Starting to look that way, isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:57:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Bet the Israelis are going on full military readiness, if they weren't already.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

No shit...

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:59:42 AM EDT
[#13]
King Hussein I was a good man.  My granddad and him were close friends.

eta: i don't know anything about his son abdullah though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:59:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I need more pmags to pop covers on.

This will spell much trouble for Israel, expect an arms race to quickly develop.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's pretty cool.

Abdullah II is evidently HSLD, having jump-trained with our boys, I believe, and being a member of the Jordanian Special Forces before becoming king.

He had a good diplomatic relationship with GWB, as I recall.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I need more pmags to pop covers on.

This will spell much trouble for Israel, expect an arms race to quickly develop.

Good thing the Arabs haven't been adept at warfare since the days of Salah ad-Din Yusuf in the 12th Century.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:05:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty cool.

Abdullah II is evidently HSLD, having jump-trained with our boys, I believe, and being a member of the Jordanian Special Forces before becoming king.

when I can get the pics scanned from my dad, I'll post them.  My granddad taught Hussein math at Victoria college in Egypt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I wonder when Obama will bomb Israel?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

King Hussein I was a good man.

He was a ham radio operator too.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:09:38 AM EDT
[#20]
He's getting ahead of the curve.  Jordan gets to have elections while Egypt and Tunisia are in Chaos, and the Jordanians won't mind that they really don't get to elect their king.

Very smart tactically.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Over throwing a government is the easy part.

Giving the rioters food, clothing, houses, jobs and a future is the hard part once they are in charge.

Third world shit holes like Egypt have no source of income other than tourism and foreign aid.

Let the Muslims take over all of the shit holes and sit back and watch them fail.

Kind of like what the Kenyan is doing here......

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Interesting.

I always considered Jordan an ally.  Guess we will have to see how this pans out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Along with Egypt, all part of the formation a the new Islamic Caliphate in the middle east?

Read the story,  Jordan is a friend and the King has a history of being supportive of U.S. doctrine.  We would be lucky to have more rulers like him in the ME

Sounds like the King is being proactive and listening to the citizens of his country.  Very smart move on his part.  Let the people elect a new government and he will be viewed as the motivating force for the change.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:24:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Giving the rioters food, clothing, houses, jobs and a future is the hard part once they are in charge.

Third world shit holes like Egypt have no source of income other than tourism and foreign aid.

Let the Muslims take over all of the shit holes and sit back and watch them fail.

Reminds me of this article: http://www.theonion.com/articles/rebels-immediately-regret-seizing-power-in-zambia,2103/

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The term 'Moderate Arabic Dictatorship' is not an oxymoron.

We're going to rue the day we embraced all this democratist rhetoric.  Not everyone shares an Anglo-Saxon value system.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
King Hussein I was a good man.

He was a ham radio operator too.

I heard the same thing from my dad!  When he was in highschool, he and a couple of his buddies were HAMS, and one of them made contact with a guy from the middle east on a HF rig.  They only exchanged call signs at first, then chatted for a bit and then exchanged names, and the guy says he is "King Hussein from Jordan"....
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Ummmmm, you do know, right, in parlimentary systems that dissolving the government is not the same as a revolution?

Cross check what it means to have a vote of no confidence and to dissolve the government...........and see how many countries have done it over the years.

Also, just as a side point, one might want to check their history books about the UAR.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Pretty sure they only have two defcons, guns pointed and guns shooting.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#29]
needs "the official" in the thread title.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Old news
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#31]
One big party.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:39:14 AM EDT
[#32]
News Flash:  Muslims are rioting.

Wait...........Don't we a Muslim president?  

Forget it.....only a simple minded dolt would entertain any connection.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#33]
God Save the Queen!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the story,  Jordan is a friend and the King has a history of being supportive of U.S. doctrine.  We would be lucky to have more rulers like him in the ME

Sounds like the King is being proactive and listening to the citizens of his country.  Very smart move on his part.  Let the people elect a new government and he will be viewed as the motivating force for the change.

Not disagreeing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The term 'Moderate Arabic Dictatorship' is not an oxymoron.

We're going to rue the day we embraced all this democratist rhetoric.  Not everyone shares an Anglo-Saxon value system.

I do not disagree.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty sure they only have two defcons, guns pointed and guns shooting.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty cool.

when I can get the pics scanned from my dad, I'll post them.  My granddad taught Hussein math at Victoria college in Egypt.

This is part of Abdullah II's problem - too close to the west for the local rabble. The news was saying he doesn't speak Arabic with a Jordanian accent since he grew up in British private schools and his wife looks like a fashion model. Great for us when he has the will of the people, but not good if there are 13th century rioters in the street.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Joel Rosenburg paints a hair raising picture of what is going to take place.  Very ugly events coming soon.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good thing the Arabs haven't been adept at warfare since the days of Salah ad-Din Yusuf in the 12th Century.

You don't have to be adept to blow things up and you have no desire to survive the event
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

True , Or the bible

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#41]
[blue]Let the Muslims take over all of the shit holes and sit back and watch them fail.[/blue]...atempt to take over the world...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#42]
This ought to be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reminds me of this article: http://www.theonion.com/articles/rebels-immediately-regret-seizing-power-in-zambia,2103/

It is interesting how funny the truth can be.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Let the Muslims take over all of the shit holes and sit back and watch them fail and generate thousands more suicide bombers who believe what their leaders say about it all being the US's fault

You left something out.  I'm not thrilled with it either, but like it or not, that's the way it is.  It's in the US's best interests to have successful, secular regimes in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:56:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He's getting ahead of the curve.  Jordan gets to have elections while Egypt and Tunisia are in Chaos, and the Jordanians won't mind that they really don't get to elect their king.

Very smart tactically.

This. If ever there was an Arab leader who could pull this off, it's Abdullah. Educated in the United Kingdom, son of an American mother and one of the most western kings in the ME, he has the background and understanding to make this work.

Baby steps, not giant leaps will work best. As long as he is in control he can gently pace the Jordanians into self rule. His problem will be the Palestinians, not the Jordanians. I wish him well. (He also trained at Gunsite.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

[blue]Let the Muslims take over all of the shit holes and sit back and watch them fail.[/blue]...atempt to take over the world...

World history ....taking over the world.......It has never been able to be done by the best of the best.

It certainly won't be able to be done by a bunch of towel head ass wipes that are so fucking stupid that they can't set off a bomb in their underwear or light a fuse on one of their shoes or ignite 30 gallons of gasoline in an enclosed SUV.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True , Or the bible

I don't know why...but this sent a chill up my spine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#49]
The news is starting to remind me of the headlines in this game i used to play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict:_Middle_East_Political_Simulator
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Wait...wait, I thought all this Muslim Brotherhood led protest was about democracy and liberty in the MideEast? </sarc>

Hang on, it's going to get ugly.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top