Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/31/2011 1:44:30 PM EDT
I had ordered a scope on Friday the 28th from SWFA. Later that day I got a order confirmation email but in the area where there should have been my tracking number it was blank. I had emailed them and asked if they could send the tracking number, they responded with it today (the 31st), but when I went to track it, USPS.com had no record of it. So now I called them this morning (the 31st) and I was told that it did ship on the 28th and I said fine. So now it's 5:30pm and I decide to try that tracking number again. Wouldn't you know it worked. The only problem is USPS.com says they received the package today at noon time. I guess after I called them the realized they fucked up and had someone run to the Post office. Now I'm sure a lot of you are going to come to their defense and tell me what a great company they are, but this is poor customer service.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had ordered a scope on Friday the 28th from SWFA. Later that day I got a order confirmation email but in the area where there should have been my tracking number it was blank.

I had emailed them and asked if they could send the tracking number, they responded with it today (the 31st), but when I went to track it, USPS.com had no record of it.

So now I called them this morning (the 31st) and I was told that it did ship on the 28th and I said fine.

So now it's 5:30pm and I decide to try that tracking number again. Wouldn't you know it worked.

The only problem is USPS.com says they received the package today at noon time.

I guess after I called them the realized they fucked up and had someone run to the Post office. Now I'm sure a lot of you are going to come to their defense and tell me what a great company they are, but this is poor customer service.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Send it back then.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had ordered a scope on Friday the 28th from SWFA. Later that day I got a order confirmation email but in the area where there should have been my tracking number it was blank. I had emailed them and asked if they could send the tracking number, they responded with it today (the 31st), but when I went to track it, USPS.com had no record of it. So now I called them this morning (the 31st) and I was told that it did ship on the 28th and I said fine. So now it's 5:30pm and I decide to try that tracking number again. Wouldn't you know it worked. The only problem is USPS.com says they received the package today at noon time. I guess after I called them the realized they fucked up and had someone run to the Post office. Now I'm sure a lot of you are going to come to their defense and tell me what a great company they are, but this is poor customer service.

the USPS tracking numbers suck.  I can 'ship' you something today and supply you a USPS tracking number, but it won't show as shipped until a few days later, if at all.... I think usps website, when you track something, even says something to that effect that's it not real time, etc...  

and, i've never had issues with SWFA.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had ordered a scope on Friday the 28th from SWFA. Later that day I got a order confirmation email but in the area where there should have been my tracking number it was blank.

I had emailed them and asked if they could send the tracking number, they responded with it today (the 31st), but when I went to track it, USPS.com had no record of it.

So now I called them this morning (the 31st) and I was told that it did ship on the 28th and I said fine.

So now it's 5:30pm and I decide to try that tracking number again. Wouldn't you know it worked.

I guess after I called them the realized they fucked up and had someone run to the Post office. Now I'm sure a lot of you are going to come to their defense and tell me what a great company they are, but this is poor customer service.

Thanks, Im so pissed I didn't write it correctly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]
SWFA is a stand up company, chill out dude!  IF you are tracking though USPS.com its almost worthless.  They do not update in real time!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#6]
So, you ordered a scope, they sent it, and your complaining?

Did I read that right?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
That's likely on USPS.  Their tracking system sucks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Send it back then.

You know, I just might do that. I tried to order it from Larue first but they are out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, Im so pissed I didn't write it correctly.

I did it for the people who have to read it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
There's something goofy going on with that USPS tracking.  For instance, several times I've ordered from Midway on Friday, and they promptly sent me notification that the item was shipped.

The date on the notification was usually the following Monday.  It's like....they own a time machine or somethin'.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Here in my little part of Wyoming, It is usually sitting in my P.O. Box before the tracking data is even updated.

I often curse Cabela's because if will estimate a 2-3 week shipping time, then it shows up in 3-4 days.  

FWIW, I have never had anything but good experiences with SWFA.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Ordered a Super Sniper scope from them last Monday, it got here on Thursday, a day early. Tracking # worked and everything.

I give SWFA a +1.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How do you know it's SWFA that's lying?  Maybe it's the post office that's lying.  Or, maybe it just took a long time to get the tracking number in the system (as it often does for USPS).

Wouldn't it be best to figure out that part FIRST (like look at the stamp/date when you receive the package), before slandering someone in public based on an assumption on your part?

Silence!  The man is keeping a brother down...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I worked for the USPS, if it says "item received at 12:37" then that means someone dropped it off at the PO at that time.
Quoted:

How do you know it's SWFA that's lying?  Maybe it's the post office that's lying.  Or, maybe it just took a long time to get the tracking number in the system (as it often does for USPS).

Wouldn't it be best to figure out that part FIRST (like look at the stamp/date when you receive the package), before slandering someone in public based on an assumption on your part?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here in my little part of Wyoming, It is usually sitting in my P.O. Box before the tracking data is even updated.

I often curse Cabela's because if will estimate a 2-3 week shipping time, then it shows up in 3-4 days.  

FWIW, I have never had anything but good experiences with SWFA.

I get the same thing here in "nowhere" Nebraska.  Most times I will have the item before the postal tards update anything.  

For the life of me I can't figure out why they have financial problems.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]
USPS doesn't recognize a tracking number until there system logs it in.. Several times I have experienced similar problems as you.have here and it's routinely been USPS fault.  I have even received my package at my residence before it was recognized in USPS system

So on shipping USPS I wouldn't blame the company I've ordered from that has a good track record
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]
It could be a number of things.  If they use a system that notifies you that they printed a label it will say it has been shipped.  Nothing else will happen until the package starts moving.  USPS tracking is quit a bit more accurate than it used to be.

So basically what happened is they print the label late on friday go home for the weekend, and the product physically ships monday.  This is common business and I fail to see the issue here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I worked for the USPS, if it says "item received at 12:37" then that means someone dropped it off at the PO at that time.

I order a lot of shit shipped USPS, if it says anything it's 100% BS.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice thread title. You need to edit that.

ETA: New title is MUCH more respectable
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#21]
USPS tracking is a joke.

I've had packages in my hand before they've even shown up in their system.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#22]
You must have a pretty boring life if your biggest problem is scope possibly shipping a bit late.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]
USPS is notoriously late, innaccurate and just plain behind the curve.

Calling someone a liar because the USPS data doesn't match exactly and you are incredibly impatient makes YOU look bad - not them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#25]
USPS tracking sucks. End of story. I once had a item shipped to me with a tracking number and the item got to me before the tracking number showed up on their website. As a matter of fact I don't think I ever checked to see if it ever did show up.

Stop bashing companies until you have all of the facts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#26]
So your pissed because your package may have shipped one business day later then you hoped. I will bet good money they did not lie to you, but either made an honest mistake or are in fact correct. Lets be honest here, you believe the USPS, the poster child for inefficiency, is 100% correct, but an industry partner that runs a successful business is in fact wrong on when an item shipped.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#27]
The track and confirm page on USPS website is the suck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#28]
From what I'm reading the OP caught them fibbing about when it was shipped.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send it back then.

You know, I just might do that. I tried to order it from Larue first but they are out of stock.

Brilliant plan.  Then you'll have to wait even longer.  

SWFA sucks because they didn't beam it to your doorstep instantaneously.  Right?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#30]

I've ordered many items from SWFA over the years,
and I always received great service.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I have had packages in hand delivered that USPS said they have not taken possession of yet.   The volume of packages that get moved and who knows how many exchanges made it is truly incredible that there is not a huge amount of packages that get lost.   UPS and FedEx can provide more detailed tracking but will be a more expensive shipping option.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
From what I'm reading the OP caught them fibbing about when it was shipped.

The OP THINKS he caught them fibbing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Label/Receipt Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
Expected Delivery Date: February 2, 2011
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 12:23 pm on January 31, 2011 in RED OAK, TX 75154. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

What does this tell you? It was dropped off today!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That check in time is when UPS scanned the package for in processing, not necessarily when it was picked up.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#36]
You have no idea how the USPS tracking works.
They printed it but it got dropped off today.

Relax

CP
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SWFA sucks because they didn't beam it to your doorstep instantaneously.  Right?

To be fair, if they TOLD him something shipped on the 28th, but they didn't actually ship it until the 31st, I agree that does suck,a nd I'd be pissed too.

To be fair they probably did ship it on time. I have had tracking #s from UPS say " billing info received " where the shipper has the packages ready to go but the UPS retarded driver fails to make his pickups on time. So at 5pm when the business shuts down for the day. The packages have to go out the next day. I would put this fault with the UPS guy.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#38]
The horror !
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I worked for the USPS I think I would know how it works.
Quoted:

Relax

CP

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I trust SWFA more than I trust the USPS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Your item was accepted at 12:23 pm on January 31, 2011 in RED OAK, TX 75154. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I'll guarantee that SWFA doesn't "drop packages off" at the UPS store for their shipping.  They have a loading dock, that various carriers come and pick up packages at various times through out the day.  This is UPS fucking up and not scanning the package in until it was already in the processing center after sitting in a truck all night.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#42]
You're still doing way better then me with Molon Labe Tactical. I placed an order for some stuff there shortly before Christmas. I got most of my stuff on Christmas Eve, however they left out my Magpul illumination kit. I emailed them, and they said they'd send it. Two weeks later I still hadn't gotten it. So I emailed them again, this time no response. I emailed them again a week later, and they told me that it had been shipped on the 18th and gave me the tracking number. The problem, however was that the had shipped the item to someone with a similar name in NC. I immediately emailed them again to let them know of the mix up. Its been yet another week and I still havent heard back. I'm starting to think I'm screwed. So FYI, STAY AWAY FROM MOLON LABE TACTICAL. I can't even call anyone cause they have no listed phone number.

ETA: I think they also go by "Shades of Grey Tactical", as one of the emails they sent me, the last one, was from there. So I repeat STAY AWAY.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, if they TOLD him something shipped on the 28th, but they didn't actually ship it until the 31st, I agree that does suck,a nd I'd be pissed too.

Feedback thread though. IBTL

Besides I'm not positive those tracking numbers are exact on ship dates.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I worked for the USPS I think I would know how it works.

If you know anything about USPS - you know how incredibly and consistently screwed up they are in almost every facet of their operations.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't order things on Friday, if you don't want to deal with the fact that nothing moves during the weekend.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Relax

CP

Well that makes it three days to get it to the Post Office, that's what he's griping about. He isn't blaming the USPS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You ordered something on FRIDAY, and are angry it was shipped on MONDAY?  
Dang.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I knew all you haters would freak out. It's not about getting it "instantly" it's about customer service. If they fucked up I would rather them tell me they forgot it or something. And Im sure the is very rare with them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#49]
It shipped dosent always mean it left right then and there. They most likely notified the post office that they need to pick up an item at that time they got a tracking number. Monday the post office picked it up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I've had USPS tracking numbers say "Shipment information received." long after the package was actually on my door step.

I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers. USPS isn't the greatest when it comes to package tracking.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top