Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/28/2011 4:05:18 AM EDT
Was just in the break room where our floors local libtards were talking gun control. Two of them brought up how the "pro-gun" lobby has obviously been lieing while MSNBC, NYT, etc are doing the right thing getting the "truth out there".

Specifically at least one of them had watched Sons of Guns and was commenting on how easy it was to just walk into a shop and get a silencer made or how people on the street simply walk in with grenade launchers like it was a pack of gum. The convo was actually revolving around US gun shows and stores arming Mexican gangs with machineguns, grenades, rocket launchers (one libtard was convinced that the M203 on SoG was a rocket launcher), etc. I did briefly try to explain things (i.e. that the dude with the silenced shotgun had to get his Form 4 or that the grenade launcher was probably a 37mm flare launcher) but it was lost on them. There is only so much liberal BS that I can take before I've had a coffee so I went back to my desk.

Now- I can read between the lines because I know what really goes on when it comes to NFA. But the vast majority of people do not. As such I am kind of hoping that this series will at least start mentioning such things as correct NFA procedures and so on. It would be nice to see a little information brought forth is all.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen the show yet, I TIVOed it.
I will say, with folks like that, there is NO show that has guns which would be positive to them. Their minds are made up, and reality will not put a dent in the forgone conclusion they have reached.

It would be nice if the show was a bit more responsible, but it is television.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
my wife told me to stop yelling at the tv
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
They did mention that the saigas would be ready by the time the paperwork comes back from the ATF.....to a lib, I can see them thinking that meant lunch time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#4]
2 people that work with my wife that know I sell title 2 weapons asked "if it was really that easy to buy them" after seeing that show.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I argue with liberals on Xbox live while playing COD: Black Ops a game where you do nothing except kill each other with guns, there is no logic behind their madness man.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Again, to the uneducated this would be a bad show.  Except EVERY gun show is a bad show.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]
it wouldn't take 30 seconds at the begining of the show to point out that to buy a NFA weapon one must supmit transfer permission to the BATFE finger prints to FBI and get local law enforcement permission.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess I have been lucky, the places I have worked had a big majority of gun owners, of course I am from a rural area

I do find my patience wearing thin the older I get, I have converted a few "guns are bad" people just in the last year but I find myself wondering WTF is wrong with these people anymore

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:26:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Was just in the break room where our floors local libtards were talking gun control. Two of them brought up how the "pro-gun" lobby has obviously been lieing while MSNBC, NYT, etc are doing the right thing getting the "truth out there".

Specifically at least one of them had watched Sons of Guns and was commenting on how easy it was to just walk into a shop and get a silencer made or how people on the street simply walk in with grenade launchers like it was a pack of gum. The convo was actually revolving around US gun shows and stores arming Mexican gangs with machineguns, grenades, rocket launchers (one libtard was convinced that the M203 on SoG was a rocket launcher), etc. I did briefly try to explain things (i.e. that the dude with the silenced shotgun had to get his Form 4 or that the grenade launcher was probably a 37mm flare launcher) but it was lost on them. There is only so much liberal BS that I can take before I've had a coffee so I went back to my desk.

Now- I can read between the lines because I know what really goes on when it comes to NFA. But the vast majority of people do not. As such I am kind of hoping that this series will at least start mentioning such things as correct NFA procedures and so on. It would be nice to see a little information brought forth is all.

I watched parts of it and had to turn it off. Typical tv garbage, but with guns.

Tell the 'tards to go to their local funshop and try to buy a silencer, MG, or grenade launcher and see how easy it is. If it's anything like mine, they will probably get laughed at.

Not that I've ever asked.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree. This show is not putting the gun industry in a good light.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:40:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 people that work with my wife that know I sell title 2 weapons asked "if it was really that easy to buy them" after seeing that show.

It should be that easy.

I hope they cancel that show.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:40:28 AM EDT
[#13]
TV always shows gun activities in the worst ways.
How about that stupid new woman judge show, where she flashes a big S&W revolver all the time?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#14]
My biggest peeve is people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about and telling it like it's written in the bible.

I try to correct them with the facts as nicely as possible, but when they're sure its true, "it was on the news", or "it was on tv".  It's like talking to a urinal cake.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 4:54:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How about that stupid new woman judge show, where she flashes a big S&W revolver all the time?

Really ? what is the name of this show?

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:08:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It should be that easy.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:33:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Harry's Law
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My biggest peeve is people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about and telling it like it's written in the bible.

I try to correct them with the facts as nicely as possible, but when they're sure its true, "it was on the news", or "it was on tv".  It's like talking to a urinal cake.

If their breath is that bad, tell them to brush their teeth.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#19]
If there is any good to come out of that show it is to show that the majority of guns are bought for recreation and not to go on a drive-by.  I will take a show in which the people are using there guns for fun before a all those which shows them as nothing more than a gangbangers tool of choice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Just for starters, did the libtards not hear the part "now we have about an hour of paperwork to fill out"?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should be that easy.

+1

I watched the first episode and all i could think was how bad it made the industry look to the average uninformed joe. Even that fucking Morgan Spurlock show made us look better than this.

Also, imho, some of the stuff about our "gun culture" is not for mass consumption.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's the libtard mindset alright.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#23]
"But...but....It's just a goofy, harmless TV show! Unbunch your panties!"

If it doesn't show us in an honest light, it's bad for our cause. It's that simple. These shows are worse than MSNBC hit pieces on faulty Remington 700s, and "gun show loopholes" because they have the appearance of being candid and unstaged. To a casual viewer, it appears real.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok so I read this thread and I decided to check out the show, I just watched it for the first time the only episode available to me was episode 2 master key. I think these guys are actors because they are surprised at every concept and they look lost when they see or hear about a new gun, this show sucks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Ask them if they really believe it is possible to fully restore a car in under half an hour too, since it is also on TV.

Oh, and all those home remodelling shows. The crew just shows up and gets right to work! NO FREAKING PERMITS! NO INSPECTIONS! AND IT IS DONE WITHIN AN HOUR!!!!

Idiots.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It should be that easy.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#27]
"...let's fuck with the neighbors..." while he steps out into the street and fires a 203 flare into the air.  What a way to portray responsible firearm ownership. Oh! Then let's "responsibly" hand the same 203 over to our unsuspecting and untrained daughter and laugh when she fires it off not knowing what to expect.  Yep...this is bound to make people feel better about gun owners..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Harry's Law

Thank you Sir

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's the purpose of it.

Those of us who know a little about the subject, are aware of the incessant bullshit that makes up the majority of the news on the gun "debate". But for the uninformed anti-gunner, who takes this shit as being gospel, it is all they know. The Bloombergs and the Bradys, the NYT and the rest know this and they just continue to shovel on the shit and stir these people into a frenzy. We are portrayed as knuckle dragging, inbred, ignorant, redneck fanatics who are forcing death and destruction on the more intelligent, sophisticated and progressive part of society. With the liberal media on their side, I don't know how else to counter the propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Anybody else wondering if they email is overflowing with unflattering responses to their show.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#31]
They had to find some shop that specializes in saiga's class III conversions?

Why not a custom 1911 smith. Or a custom doubles shop? Something with some art and history behind it?

Nope lets make it about billy bobs house of SKS & Waffles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yea, she shot a rat inside the office in the last one, like it was a bb gun.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They had to find some shop that specializes in saiga's class III conversions?

Why not a custom 1911 smith. Or a custom doubles shop? Something with some art and history behind it?

Nope lets make it about billy bobs house of SKS & Waffles.

The hits just keep on coming!! You guys are making my day.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#35]
I refuse to watch it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Here's the show's blog.

http://blogs.discovery.com/discovery-insider/2011/01/new-show-sons-of-guns.html

The consensus is that it sucks.

Time to bring the pain.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Harry's Law

My wife watches that shit.

I told her she should just drink herself into a stupor; it would cause less permanent brain damage.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Holy chicken wing

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I have to wonder if he's getting hate mail and phone calls telling him to tighten his shit up.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Apparently, editing for dramatic effect is lost on the general public, and Arfcom.

A TV show explaining the intricacies of the NFA, would make pretty boring fucking TV.  They have 30 minutes to be interesting, and to grab the viewer's attention, not bore them to tears.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Anybody else wondering if they email is overflowing with unflattering responses to their show.

Well if they aren't, they should be. Email them and let them know how you feel.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Take them to a gunstore and have them try to buy one. They'll find out that it's harder than it looks. I think A LOT of firearms myths would disappear if anti-gunners would actually got ant try to do what they say is happening.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#44]
next time destroy their bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's the show's blog.

http://blogs.discovery.com/discovery-insider/2011/01/new-show-sons-of-guns.html

The consensus is that it sucks.

Time to bring the pain.

Wow not one positive comment.

The 15-year-old was positive. He wants his SR556 and Mk 23s.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If there is any good to come out of that show it is to show that the majority of guns are bought for recreation and not to go on a drive-by.  I will take a show in which the people are using there guns for fun before a all those which shows them as nothing more than a gangbangers tool of choice.

They don't want us to have fun either.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently, editing for dramatic effect is lost on the general public, and Arfcom.

A TV show explaining the intricacies of the NFA, would make pretty boring fucking TV.  They have 30 minutes to be interesting, and to grab the viewer's attention, not bore them to tears.

It would have taken 45 seconds to give a brief explanation about the NFA and most approvals taking 3+ months.

I'm sure that was brought up, and edited out for whatever reason.  Lots of what we think of as relevant and interesting, gets edited from TV shows all the time.   The shop owners don't make that call.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#49]
I just wonder when one of the shop workers is going to mount an underbarrel bong to one of the AOW Saigas?

"orgasmic"
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top