Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2001 5:21:51 AM EDT
Can anyone here direct me to a site I can post Remington 1100 dis assembly questions?

At this point I have dropped the trigger group from the reciever but cannot get the bolt disconnected from the op rod.

Cann anyone help me out?

Thanks,
chris
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could but I went through the same thing.Fussed with it and could not get the bolt out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The bolt comes right off the oprod after you take the bbl off.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
dport,
No way.. I have three big pieces.  The barrel removed the stock and reciever and the forearm piece.  

I dropped the trigger group and can see the op rod stuck inside the spring recoil tube.  I have tried to get a screw driver to push the spring tube back and pull the long metal rod straight up but there doesn't seem to be enough room to get it clear and up.

Anyone else????
I'm stumped...AR's are definitely easier to take apart : )

--Chris
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Unscrew the magazine end cap. The spring is under pressure be careful.

Remove the foregrip.

Remove the barrel. Should come right off.

Remove the rubber O-ring, be careful.

Remove the two metal "rings" (FYI the 'slits' should be put 180 degrees out when you reassemble.)

Remove the bolt handle. Just pull it staight out. (at a 90 degree angle to the reciever)

Remove the slide assembly with the bolt on it. Depending on how much you disassembled the rest of the gun you might have to push in on the right shell stop (Push up on the elevator, aka carrier, and it's about a 1/4 inch up, it's what stops the shell in the magazine.)
before you can pull the assembly out.

The bolt just sits on top of the slide assembly.

You shouldn't have to remove the trigger assembly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Gun Nut,Take the barrel off imagin!
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The bolt itself is not connected to that piece. that piece is shaped like a 'T' at one end and a pair of tweezers at the other. The tweezer end squeezes together and sits in that 'tube' where the recoil spring is.
The slide assembly just butts up against the 'T' end.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
dport,
thanks for trying to help me but, I have removed the o-ring and metal ring/band right behind it.  

There is a large metal band that is connected to the long metal strip that moves the bolt back and forth.

Nothing is coming off as I pull forward.  The bolt catches on something and stops cold.

Am I missing something?  I am trying to disassemble the remington 1100 Automatic, not a pump.

--Chris

Link Posted: 3/26/2001 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#8]
You have to depress the shell stop on the right hand side of the reciever. (I'm assuming the bolt handle is removed.)
Push up on the carrier/elevator and it's about 1/4" from the bottom of the reciever. It has a tap where the shell in the magazine catches on it. You push that in, against the reciever, and pull on the "action" at the same time.

I know an 1100 is semi auto, I have one loaded with 00 buck beside the bed right now. :)

That's why I need to get a manual, got mine second-hand, proper terminology.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought one last night. Here is a pic from the manual. I assume you dont have one. Hope this helps.

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1149181&a=8442454&p=44911275[/img]
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#10]
If that helps and you need more let me know. Its no problem to scan a few more.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#11]
"Am I missing something?  I am trying to disassemble the remington 1100 Automatic, not a pump."

This one's gonna end up at the gunsmith in pieces. " I was just trying to clean it."

Like the man said earlier, the shell stop on the inside of the receiver needs to be depressed out of the way to remove the bolt & action bars. If you look at the mag you will see the leaf spring-like piece that keeps shells in thge mag. That is the key.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top