Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 12/15/2010 11:48:11 AM EDT
(AP)  Iraqi authorities have obtained confessions from captured insurgents who claim al Qaeda is planning suicide attacks in the United States and Europe during the Christmas season, two senior officials said Wednesday.

Iraqi Interior Minister Jawad al-Bolani told The Associated Press that the botched bombing in central Stockholm last weekend was among the alleged plots the insurgents revealed. Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, in a telephone interview from New York, called the claims "a critical threat."

Both al-Bolani and Zebari said Iraq has informed Interpol of the alleged plots, and alerted authorities in the U.S. and European countries of the possible danger. Neither official specified which country or countries in Europe are alleged targets.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/15/world/main7152700.shtml
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't this becoming an annual threat?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]
You're a month late.......
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Pretty much.

Even though... last year we had the underwear bomber..
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You're a month late.......

I hope that isn't what she said.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Will the system work again this year?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Guess Homeland Security will start the new new new enhanced checks of body cavities. Must be safe.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Actually, it's Santa planning the attacks!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This could ruin Kwanzaa for everyone.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh.

Al Qaeda is much more compartmentalized than you think.

Some peons in Iraq wouldn't have any idea if anything was about to go down in the US of A.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
When isn't Al-qaeda wanting to attack the USA?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Good reason to shop online instead of the mall. Good reason to carry if at the mall. I made sure I had a spare mag when I went last week. Probably bump to 2 spares if I go back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#13]
i found the perp!

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Guess Homeland Security will start the new new new enhanced checks of body cavities. Must be safe.

At the mall?

That settles it, not doing any Christmas shopping this year.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Does this mean the TSA will be doing cavity searches starting Monday?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Gotta keep everyone in a panic.  Keeps your mind off of what they're doing.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

underwear bomber. shoe bomber. botched stockholm plot..

I keep hearing how these clowns are 'well-trained'... how fucking well trained to you have to be to blow something up when you're willing to die in the blast???

Their ineptitude is truly mindboggling. I'll bet for every one bomb that makes it on target, 10 blow up in their garage wiping out the whole cell.

But maybe that explains their anger. If I was that dumb... I'd be angry too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't go to the mall after Thanksgiving anyway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Has there been a year since 2001 where this hasn't been a rumor of attacks on malls? Maybe it took that long for it to make it to Iraq
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Good reason to shop online instead of the mall. Good reason to carry if at the mall. I made sure I had a spare mag when I went last week. Probably bump to 2 spares if I go back.

No one will ever stop an Al Queda attack against CONUS with a firearm, unless it's LE busting the terrorists before they can execute.

And AQ won't attack malls, or schools in the US.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes.

To hell with them.  If they are going to do it, they are going to do it.  I'm not going to stop doiong stuff just because some religious fucking nutjob criminal wants some news headlines.

If they do have a go then it's just another excuse to bomb the cretinous tagnuts into extinction.  

Al Qaeda are just another bunch of paranoid islamic media whore rage boys.  It's not like it's a new thing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I usually plan on visiting my family over the holidays.  I did have a girlfriend once, who, while entertaining enough in a carnal sort of way, had a family that could drive you to strap on a vest and head for the mall.  They were a nightmarish version of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".  The horror, oh the horror.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.

underwear bomber. shoe bomber. botched stockholm plot..

I keep hearing how these clowns are 'well-trained'... how fucking well trained to you have to be to blow something up when you're willing to die in the blast???

Their ineptitude is truly mindboggling. I'll bet for every one bomb that makes it on target, 10 blow up in their garage wiping out the whole cell.

But maybe that explains their anger. If I was that dumb... I'd be angry too.

At least in the case of the US, the ineptitude comes from the fact that the current attackers are recruited by the internet and 'mentored', but not actually indoctrinated/trained in the military sense...

They are going with the 'Hey, it's cool to be a Jihadi, join us' approach, reaching out through the web with a particular interest in US and European citizens, rather than sending guys trained in a camp in some Muslim country...

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No one will ever stop an Al Queda attack against CONUS with a firearm, unless it's LE busting the terrorists before they can execute.

porqué no

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

why no malls or schools?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What makes you so sure about that? It worked in Mumbai.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then, what the hell happened in India?

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#29]
My money is on the Superbowl , but they may hit 4-6 places ot one time .
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does this mean the TSA will be doing cavity searches starting Monday?

Like I've said before, just fly in the raw.

They aren't going to search any muslim looking types anyway just so they don't offend any of them.

A terrorist act happens on US soil, some middle eastern soil is turned to glass.

It will only happen once more.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry Dave, but there have been attacks stopped in Israel by citizens with guns.  Not likely, but it can happen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gotta keep everyone in a panic.  Keeps your mind off of what they're doing.

There is a great deal of truth in these words.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#33]
So far no attacks following the Thanksgiving seasonal start
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

why no malls or schools?

They already have attempted, I believe in Ohio.

Plot broken up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

why no malls or schools?

Plot broken up.

So, I guess the old saying "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" doesn't apply to terrorists?

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

why no malls or schools?

The Nutjob  kOSOVOSerbian  Kid shot up the mall (Done That )

Plot broken up.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

More like quarterly.  Someone name one real AQ attack that was predicted by such an "alert".  AQ doesn't care about holidays.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry Dave, but there have been attacks stopped in Israel by citizens with guns.  Not likely, but it can happen.

Israel is not the US, and nothing that happens there applies to the US.

Different enemy.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe only because they're so inept as to realize that it'd have a far greater economic and psychological impact than had the shoe bomber or NYC Nissan VBIED worked...

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Well since they made that threat I bet the TSA will increase pat downs on hot white chicks and little kids
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe only because they're so inept as to realize that it'd have a far greater economic and psychological impact than had the shoe bomber or NYC Nissan VBIED worked...

The Moslem Kosovo Serbian Kid shot folks at a mall does that count

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a pile of bullshit. I could sell you dead batteries if you really believe that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Terrorists who are party to a local conflict, attacked hotels & other soft targets. No Al Queda involvement.

International terrorists don't do that sort of stuff...

Local/regional ones do.

If Mexico or Canada was a radical muslim country, or we had a state that was trying to secede - then we might have to worry about that sort of shit...

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Terrorists who are party to a local conflict, attacked hotels & other soft targets. No Al Queda involvement.

Local/regional ones do.

If Mexico or Canada was a radical muslim country, or we had a state that was trying to secede - then we might have to worry about that sort of shit...

Yeah, and before 9/11, terrorists didn't hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What makes you so sure about that? It worked in Mumbai.

Mumbai was not Al Queda. Mumbai was pro-Pakistani Kashmiris.

You see that sort of stuff in Russia, India or Israel - perpetrated not by the folks who are at war with us, but by other unrelated groups...

It's a prime feature of local/regional terror...

International? Bombs only.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good
reason to shop online instead of the mall. Good reason to carry if at
the mall. I made sure I had a spare mag when I went last week. Probably
bump to 2 spares if I go back.

No one will ever stop an Al
Queda attack against CONUS with a firearm, unless it's LE busting the
terrorists before they can execute.

why no malls or schools?

Not terrorisim.

Teenage mass-shooting, like Columbine.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Mall Attacked in USA already (Kosovo Serbian kid shot & killed folks few years back)
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local/regional ones do.

Yeah, and before 9/11, terrorists didn't hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings.

You know better than to feed the troll.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

why no malls or schools?

Not terrorisim.

Teenage mass-shooting, like Columbine.

So if three Moslem American teenagers kill 23 & injure90 at the superbowl  it will be a teenage mass-shooting ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top