Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2010 5:53:30 PM EDT

Was watching a CNBC show about ponzi  schemes and saw a commercial for this..........................

CNBC'S REMINGTON UNDER FIRE: A CNBC INVESTIGATION Will Premiere On Wednesday, October 20th at 9PM ET

The result of a 10-month investigation, CNBC examines allegations that the world's most popular hunting rifle is prone to firing without pulling the trigger, and that its manufacturer, Remington, has been aware of the situation for 60 years. Dozens of deaths and scores of injuries have been traced to the alleged problem. The story is told through corporate insiders, internal documents dating back to 1945, and a father searching for answers about the death of his nine-year-old son.

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
what, they cant even say what rifle it is?

700 I assume

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been dealing with Remington for the last 16 years. I've yet to see an unmodified Remington rifle that would fire unless the trigger was pulled.

I've been watching CNBC for the last 16 years, too. They're full of shit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

700 I assume

Looks like it, first ive ever heard of it. I have a few 700's, great rifles.

Remington says it did provide the network with factual information and background materials but says "it appears that the story will be based on unproven allegations from trial lawyers."

A Remington spokesperson says the company continues to stand behind the Model 700 product that's being scrutinized.

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Here we go, if they can't figure out how to ban a bolt-action rifle now they'll just call it "unsafe."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
CNBC.

I'll wait to hear from a CREDIBLE news source.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

700 I assume

And I would assume that it's not only a 700, but a 700 with a (non-factory) trigger job.

CNBC will soon show a video of a Remington 700 being thrown down a drive and exploding in flames after the fireworks go off.

Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
There is more than one poster on The HIgh Road who claim to  have experienced or wittnessed the discharges with rifles equipped with factory triggers (modified and NOT modified).

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=548107&highlight=remington+700
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've been dealing with Remington for the last 16 years. I've yet to see an unmodified Remington rifle that would fire unless the trigger was pulled.

The truth is sometimes funny.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The Remington 700 trigger is prone to letting go when you close the bolt.  
BUT ONLY IF YOU   MONKEY AROUND WITH THE FACTORY SET TRIGGER ADJUSTMENTS OR FAIL IN YOUR CLEANING AND LUBEING OF SAID TRIGGER.  
It is possibly one of the most dependable and rugged triggers on the market.  AND can be modified to rival most of the aftermarket trigger groups especially in reliability BUT only by a PRO that knows what they are doing with some component changes.

As for CNBC......... why would anyone even watch such Commie bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

100% agree.

Parent network: NBC

Remember the saddle gas tanks Dateline NBC was just sure they were a hazard? The ones that never ignited no matter how hard they tried...until they used model rocket motors to ignite the fuel? (See Here)

That NBC/CNBC?

These are just more lies from a souce that is utterly lacking in credibility.

Definition of PRONE
1: having a tendency or inclination : being likely <prone to forget names> <accident-prone> (from: Webster)

Definition of LIKELY
1: having a high probability of occurring or being true : very probable <rain is likely today> (same source as above)
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Dupe x2 :

Dupe 1

Dupe 2
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#13]
My Dad's 700 once fired off a round each time he closed the bolt.  He took it to a gunsmith and the smith found that one of the trigger adjustment screws had backed out.  His rifle is probably about 30 years old.  I know it's older than I am.

It had to have happened while bouncing around on the 4-wheeler during the deer hunt.  He never saw a deer that hunt and never chambered a round until a few months after the hunt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#15]
LARRYG.... congratulations! You just spotted a dupe! You're going to Dupneyworld!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top