Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2001 4:15:36 AM EDT
I was out looking for a cheap scope at the Portland gunshow today. I found a Chineese made scope called Leaper for around $40. I went ahead and purchased it and does not look to bad for what I am using it for (pkinking). Anyone have any opinions about these?  Thanks.

Aviator
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#1]
They are ok for plinking.  I wouldn't consider them for serious hunting.  The problem with them is that if you move your head from side to side the bullet impact will move severly.  It is IMPERATIVE that you put your eye to the scope in the same place each time if you want any kind of accuracy.

That said, I always put my eye to my AR (with 4X leapers) in the same spot each time and grouped 3/4" with some 64gr Power Points last Sunday.

BTW, I paid $19.95 for mine [:D]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I got two of them, the rubber ones and I like them I paid $39 each for the scope and mount for the AR

red man
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked through one at a gun show.It was a 3x9 i think,anyway I was looking at a brick wall and the reticle seemed to curve about 3 brick lines at about 100 feet.I think it has a lot to do with who put them together that day.Kinda like BSA when you look through mine you think its one of the best scopes until you compare it to the Leupole.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input.

Aviator
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top