Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2001 4:37:40 PM EDT
Just want to see how good ole Americans view their constitution.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It was written for the benefit of the ruling elite, such as me.  It is not for you to "understand."

Sincerely;
Charles Feinstein Kennedy-Schumer
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The Second Amendment, specifically, was not written to protect the gun rights of the Revolutionary War vets and other frontiersmen who stood perched on the edge of this vast continent with 2000+ miles of wild animals and angry Indians before them. No, their right to bear arms was in no danger from a democratically elected government.

The Second Amendment was written for US. It was written for TODAY, when a majority in Congress (not to mention our former President) stand ready to strip us of a fundamental right that too few Americans appreciate the value of.

It is a great credit to our Founding Fathers, that they could see beyond what was, to what could be. Too bad we can't say the same for many of our fellow citizens now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The framers designed a representative republic and not a system of popular referendum for a reason. It protects the least of us from the most of us.

[i]“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”[i] –Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Check this out, I was reading a book by Manly P. hall titled "The Secret destiny of America"  very interesting stuff, it there he claims that Thomas Jefferson memoirs regarding that day when they were about to sign, he claims that Jefferson and the others hear a voice of an unknown man in the rafters...he yells at them for arguing and bickering and talks about the document that will never die and how it will affect the ones who come after us for the ages...anyway the speech was so damn moving that the delagates practically ran to sign it...interesting stuff...
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean it was written for us? I thought it was written for liberals to pick apart with the flick of a pen?  [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#7]
"....what kind of government? Why a Republic;
if you can keep it!" Franklin to the crowd outside the soon to be named Idependence Hall.

Then they went home to explain to the people, that sent them to the Constitutional Convention,
the WWWW and the how. After considerable
discussion the people elected their representives to go to the state capital and
vote to ratify the Constitution.

So the answer to the question posed,is the
people, the whole of the people.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#8]
_
Quoted:
It was written for the benefit of the ruling elite, such as me.  It is not for you to "understand."
Sincerely;
hillaryschumerfienstien-kennedy
View Quote

Spoken like the direct decendent of His Royal
Highness, King George of England that you must
be; in mind if not in blood!

Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Check this out, I was reading a book by Manly P. hall titled "The Secret destiny of America"  very interesting stuff, it there he claims that Thomas Jefferson memoirs regarding that day when they were about to sign, he claims that Jefferson and the others hear a voice of an unknown man in the rafters...he yells at them for arguing and bickering and talks about the document that will never die and how it will affect the ones who come after us for the ages...anyway the speech was so damn moving that the delagates practically ran to sign it...interesting stuff...
View Quote

Tell us more SatCom!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 1:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
It was written for individuals (the people) as "a chain upon the beast called government".
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Written to the government as the bounds placed upon it, to which it can operate, my how things have changed.

Our nation has become a Dulocracy, creating licenses, then arranging to have so much license thenselves, that they domineer! Check out Blacks Law it is an eye opener for what is, and what should be!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Blacks Laws?  Those went out with the CRA.

Please don't tell me you have a copy of Black's Law Dictionary.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
The U.S. Constitution was written by the American people representing the government for the citizens of the U.S.
There is nothing in the Constitution that says that the 2nd Amendment is a special amendment for certain groups. It was written for ALL citizens of the U.S. the right to bear arms amd to form a militia (whether it is an organized Army or one person defending his home) to defend themselves and their country.
Understood if this right is excluded from criminals, otherwise.....
CASE DISMISSED!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#14]
It was written for lib/commies such as Feinstein and Kennedy who don't believe, Or at least say they don't believe< that our government could ever be "tyrranical and oppressive". They are enemies of freedom, our nation, our constitution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top