BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/20/2010 8:14:28 AM EDT
Un-fucking-believable.....9/12?!?!?!

http://www.muslimfamilyday.com/

Interesting....google turns up nothing regarding Six Flags Christian Day....no "christianfamilyday.com" for Six Flags...

That'll be the last trip to Six Flags for us...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#1]
retarded.

whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired, maybe hung up as the seventh flag
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Well they are off my list
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing there is no loss for symbolism regarding the date, either.

some ultra-lib in the organization probably had the bright idea on that one:   the Day After 9/11, the same day of the teaparty movement rallies, etc.

I've got the hot dogs ("Free hot dogs - getcher' hot dogs here!   Hmmmm-mmmmm good!") - who's bringing the cooler full of IED?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe they will make special modifications to the rides for the sheets not to snag
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Good opportunity for some (Insert COC Violation Here)
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Nasty comment sent.  I don't have a problem with Muslim day.  Everyone has a right to do this even if I don't agree with it but, 9/12 c'mon there wasn't a different weekeend available?  This is in Shitcago btw not a national event.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]
What day is Christian day?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Six flags has a gay day.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#9]
As recently as April, they were in bankruptcy protection.

Currently owned by some hedgies.

The monied elite will sell their mothers to make a buck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]
That Website appears to have NOTHING to do with 6 Flags.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm showing 9/18

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/events/CalendarEvents.aspx
Originally
Posted By tyrex13:

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#12]
All the dates on that link were from 2008 and 2009
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nasty comment sent.  I don't have a problem with Muslim day.  Everyone has a right to do this even if I don't agree with it but, 9/12 c'mon there wasn't a different weekeend available?  This is in Shitcago btw not a national event.

Wrong.

http://www.muslimfamilyday.com/about.shtml

INSERT QUOTE TEXT

ICNA presents the Muslim Family Day 2009. A fun day for the entire
family at the most exciting theme parks in the world: The Six Flags
Theme Parks.

Inshallah the Muslim Family Day will be organized by ICNA Chapters in
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Louisville, New Jersey,
San Antonio, San Francisco, Washington DC. Please check the FAQ section for the
details of each venue.

There will be a host of things to do for the entire family including
halal food stalls, ethnic bazar and family entertainment.

Thousands are expected to attend these events.

History of the Event

This event was first held at Six Flags Great Adventure, NJ, in September
2000. The event was immediately a huge success. The tragic events of
9/11 that resulted in the loss of thousands of innocent lives, also
affected this event directly. The chief organizer, Tariq Amanullah, who
worked on the 96th floor of WTC, Tower 2, passed away. The team was
unable to come together again till year 2004, when the event came back
bigger than ever before.

Previous Events

<!––
span class="c2">2009:[/span] Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Louisville, New Jersey, San Antonio, San Francisco, Washington DC

[span]2008:[/span] Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los
Angeles, New Jersey, Washington DC

[span]2007:[/span] Dallas

[span]2006:[/span] New Jersey

[span]2005:[/span] Chicago, New Jersey

[span]2004:[/span] Chicago, New Jersey

[span]2001:[/span] New Jersey

[span]2000:[/span] Houston, New Jersey

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yet, the retarded dog pile will probably continue. Six Flags has nothing to do with this event.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#15]
There's no Christian day because there's no need for one.  The vast majority of Six Flags's customers are Christians.  There is no incentive in spending extra money to specifically target Christians.  That group is already saturated.  Six Flags obviously thinks that the Muslim demographic has not been fully exploited yet.  So they are going to host a day to encourage additional Muslims to attend, in the hopes that they will show up more in the future.  This is nothing more than a simple application of the Law of Diminishing Returns.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#16]
"Ladies in the company of men and gentlemen!  Step right up and praise Allah with your chance to dunk the infidel!  One goat gets you one throw, two goats three, and three goats or a camel get you five throws!  Dunk the infidel and win a prayer mat!  Asr is right around the corner - don't be the only Muslim in the park still on your feet when the sun hits high noon!  Drown the infidel, and you'll win this lovely prayer mat, a fatwa of your decree, and 144 virgins in the after-life!  That's right!  Allah's running a 2-for-1 prize offer through us today!  So what are you waiting for!  Whether it's dinars or daughters, we'll take all forms of payment!  Step right on up for your chance to dunk the infidel!"

_MaH
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#17]
six flags is a fucking shithole.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Uh... Obama's fault?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yet, the retarded dog pile will probably continue. Six Flags has nothing to do with this event.

So it's not going on a six flags ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#20]
This was from last year?

Still pretty messed up either way...
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Christian Day" likely wouldn't be permitted, because they've probably got a policy in place to not allow "religious" type gatherings! unless of course you're muslim, in which case they bend over backwards for you!
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#23]
How'd the rollercoasters work for those in hijab?  Do they stop the rides five times that day for prayers?  Will they stop serving hot dogs and beers for the day?  Does that bald jig-dancing guy have to grow a beard?

Stupid pandering is pandering stupidly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Here is their facebook stuff, no years on the flyers (like the one posted above)

http://www.facebook.com/MuslimFamilyDay?v=app_2344061033

http://www.facebook.com/MuslimFamilyDay?v=info

wow, 9/10 & 9/12

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#25]
It's rented by the Islamic group, if you want a Christian day then rent the park via a Christian organization. When they deny you, then sue the crap out of them.

The date could have been a better option, but it's the end of Ramadan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Rally point. every six flags park, on 9/11 after dark, bring some wrenches, its time for a little lefty loosy.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It's rented by the Islamic group, if you want a Christian day then rent the park via a Christian organization. When they deny you, then sue the crap out of them.
The date could have been a better option, but it's the end of Ramadan.

That is what I am getting here.
Also, if the dates are accurate, they are not observing thier family day on Sep, 11th.  Either out of respect, or they have a different celebration on that day, IDK.  
ETA:  Consider if one of our floating holidays, like Easter fell on a day that has the symbolism of 9-11.  Would you cancel Easter so as not to offend?  If they in fact had festivities on the day before and after, and decided that the symbolic day was best to go unspoken out of respect, I would applaud them.  

2nd Edit:  
History of the Event

This event was first held at Six Flags Great
Adventure, NJ, in September 2000. The event was immediately a huge
success. The tragic events of 9/11 that resulted in the loss of
thousands of innocent lives, also affected this event directly. The
chief organizer, Tariq Amanullah, who worked on the 96th floor of WTC,
Tower 2, passed away.
The team was unable to come together again till
year 2004, when the event came back bigger than ever before.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#28]

I figured there was a reason, 9/12 this year is Eid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
retarded.

whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired, maybe hung up as the seventh flag

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Can non-Muslims attend that day? We could wear some "jihad works both ways" clothing and hats.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#31]
So let me get this right, at ground zero we are idolizing and praising them for ramming Passenger jets into buildings by paying for a mosque, now after the 9-11 date some fucked in the head theme park is praising them for being here by having a special for muslim day.

What in the blue sam hill fuck is this country doing?  And then a few days after the Twin Towers collapsed? Isn't it enough that this country elected one?

Too much...way too fucking much
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#33]
That is the day you go to six flags and wear your mohammed T-shirt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#34]
So rent the park with your church for a day if you are this outraged.  The event has been going on since before the the plane attacks and it would appear that it is sponsored financially by the group at the top of the pamphlet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Six flags has a gay day.

Do they have a gay muslim day?

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Men, let us not forget that in this country, we respect the right to assemble, and associate with those we choose.  We also have freedom of religion.

These muslims have EVERY God given right to set up a day together at a commercial facility.  

It's not the Muslim that is the problem.

It's the radical islamists who is the enemy.  Let's worry about killing them, and leave those alone who are merely practicing a different faith than the majority of American's in every peaceful way.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well they are off my list

this
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Rally point. every six flags park, on 9/11 after dark, bring some wrenches, its time for a little lefty loosy.....

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#39]
It'd be unacceptable if it was a whites only day or place, but it's not, so it's all good.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought Six Flags was out of business?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Read where it stems from, Jesus people, come on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#42]
That many muslims in one place....bound to be a blast.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That many muslims in one place....bound to be a blast.

Hmmm -  Get that smell of unwashed armpits assholes  twinkies and pie by the thousands in the 100 heat

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#46]
ARFCOM with its panties in a bunch again. Six Flags Magic Mountain hosted yearly Christian concert events that were swamped with youth groups from around CA. I know because I went every year 6th-10th grade. They might not have called it "Christian Day", but that's what it was in effect.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Men, let us not forget that in this country, we respect the right to assemble, and associate with those we choose.  We also have freedom of religion.

These muslims have EVERY God given right to set up a day together at a commercial facility.  

It's the radical islamists who is the enemy.  Let's worry about killing them, and leave those alone who are merely practicing a different faith than the majority of American's in every peaceful way.
TXL

Bullshit. It's Muslims, and Obama... and people who don't like Glen Beck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
ARFCOM with its panties in a bunch again. Six Flags Magic Mountain hosted yearly Christian concert events that were swamped with youth groups from around CA. I know because I went every year 6th-10th grade. They might not have called it "Christian Day", but that's what it was in effect.

Don't start throwing facts around, Flanders.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

We don't like to use facts around here.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
TXL

What's it like in fantasy land?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top