Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2001 1:18:06 AM EDT
 There is a reason why we can sleep at night now. It's nice to have a good man in the White House. The President is using his executive powers to further our conservative pro-gun cause with the federal courts. News at the "scales of justice" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com

Plus 2 new web poll questions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#1]
[green]AMEN![/green]
[flag]

[url]http://www.NationalCCW.com[/url]

It is certainly a different Washington with the new man in the White House. One of President Bush's acts this month was to call back & reject the last of Clinton's nominations to the Federal bench. In the last days of the Clinton administration, last minute nominations & appointments were made for Federal judgeships, those acts come up for review with the new year. The majority of Clinton's selections are liberals who believe the Second Amendment is a right that applies only to the National Guard & not to us "THE PEOPLE". Bush has already rejected those who were nominated & he has announced he will replace those "temporary" Federal judges with his own conservative picks. Bush further stated he will support judges who will interpret the Constitution strictly, as it is written. So for gun owners, that means Federal judges who believe "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed".
 To further Bush's pro-conservative/pro-gun picks, he ended the American Bar Association's (ABA) semiofficial role in screening new judges. The ABA is seen by most as a liberal leaning organization. However the ABA is clearly an anti-gun association, as can be seen in their journal articles that advocate the lawsuits against the gunmakers. The association was seen as a major part of Robert Bork's failure to becoming a Supreme Court judge. By eliminating the ABA, Bush will have an easier time appointing pro-gun justices like Thomas & Scalia. Go Bush!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea,
I'm liking this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been a lawyer for about twenty-three years, and a member of the [b]ABA[/b] for let's see, now...hmmm...[b]HOW ABOUT NEVER![/b]

Don't tell me that I need to join and to try and move them to the Right, 'cause if they can't read the Bill of Rights any better than they have been, it's too late to start their remedial reading program now.

Just remember, Come the Revolution, I wish to apply for amnesty...

Eric The Hun    
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
The ABA has been screening judges for 50 years. I think Bush just spanked the ABA and liberals everywhere!
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#5]
WAHOOOO!!!!!

You go... Pres...
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
At least the courts won't be writing mounds of new liberal law.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#8]
i dont think ill ever sleep well at night over gun Bush Sr. got us the dumb ass import ban and Reagon gave us black monday (bann on new machine guns for private citizens)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top