Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2001 12:55:29 AM EDT
[:)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#1]
It's climate related. Are they wearing Sorels and a Parka or shorts and tennis shoes? Good Night. It's 4 a.m. here. Louis Andeson and the Family Fued just came on. Louis is listed on the anti-gun contributers list.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonder how fast they would be if they where wearing those wall climbing ninja boots?
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 1:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to put the doughnut factor into consideration.

The fatter the flat foot is the slower he will go.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Akira,

The exact formula is, I believe:

x        =     body mass of cop
    -----           ------------------
  top speed      average daily donut intake

[:D]  
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#6]
On foot??

Uphill or downhill??  [:D]

Seriously, I've seen an awful lot of cops in semi-rural America that would LOSE a 50 yard foot chase.

I hope they can shoot better than they can run. Something tells me "no" tho.
Link Posted: 3/22/2001 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1,200 fps.[rail]
View Quote

I have to disagree tattoo that is obviously not an AR so I will correct you and save face for your little red armed guy.

I say 800 fps.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
About 150 mph when jumping off of a cliff.(Tall Cliff to reach terminal velocity)
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:22:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know, I've seen a LOT of real fat cops. I bet the average foot speed is pathetic.

I can't believe that there aren't minimum fitness requirements for a lot of L.E.O.'s. If there are, the minimum requirements are absurd.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Hehe, Mindhunter, 1200 fps is "doable" with a 9mm round.  Shotgun too.

Remember, AR15 rounds are 2900+ fps :)

MissMagnum, I think we're forgetting the variable, can't forget age.  I know some 40 year olds that can still hoof it really well but they aren't nearly the sprinters that a couple of 23-28 year olds are.  Poor old timers start breaking down and pulling ligaments when they try to break the sound barrier.  The younger guys don't seem to have so much to worry about when they put on the afterburners.

Guess we could start getting a graph going?  "x" being age and letting "y" or "b" equal age in the classic y= (m)x + b slope/intercept formula.

I think what we need to remember and appreciate is when that "large boned" officer catches his prey and does a classic linebacker tackle on the perp.  Think of it as accumulated kenetic energy where more is better.  Would be nice to have a couple 300 pounders out there steam rolling over the bad guys when they make a tackle.

Hmmmm, speedy little dude who doesn't weigh over 185 pounds or a big giant 6ft+ tall dude who weighs over 240 pounds?  Not that a person should want to get chased by either but provided you get tackled by one of them I'll go for the lighter of the two.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Is that all you guys can do , bash cops ?

So many brave keyboard jockeys , sitting in their nice safe homes fondling your guns.

Just curious , how many of you have had to chase BG's X distance then fight / subdue them?

Even better when was the last time you even had to use your hands to fight / subdue someone ?

How many of you can afford to lose a few pounds ?

The silence from many of you ( unless you lie ) will be deafening .

It's VERY easy to critize , then again you probably started this thread just to get off on decent people doing a job .
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#15]
 Hey, don't be to hard on us. We are not all overweight and turtle slow. I am pushing 60 and can still do pretty fair run with lots of the younger guys. Oh, and I do like those donuts.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I was in a foot chase the other day. The SOB looked over his shoulder and gave an evile cackle! I would close the distance, he would pull ahead. Then he looked over his shoulder, tripped on his alum. walker, and I had him! I kicked the shit outa that old geezer! [X]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm not bashing anybody, normally it's just a simple fact that as you put on pounds you slow down a bit.

And I'm more than certain that a couple of cops on the board could come in here and testify to the fact that there are probably a couple, if not quite a few, officers in their local department that could stand to shed a few pounds or get into better shape.

It's no different than what is true for 1/2 of our society as well as this forum in general.

FYI, I was a recruit for the CHP for about a year, my driving record was what kept me out and not my physical shape.  While going through the selection process(for nearly a year) I got a good idea of what can and cannot pass muster for law enforcement work.  The POST standards are fairly easy to pass.  Training received while you're a cadet is usually much more difficult as you are held to different standards.  Whether or not a person keeps those physical fitness levels when they move from a level of cadet to officer is pretty much soley their responsibility, the future fitness tests they take as an officer will be relatively easy as compared to what they had to endure through their training as a cadet.  Hell, it's just like the eating habits, the CHP accademy puts any cadet with a body fat percentage over 14% on a strict diet, everybody up there at that place loses weight while they are there but do the cadets that become officers keep their eating habits or stay in the same general shape, or what percentage of them do and what percentage of them don't?

I'm not bashing anyone.  If I felt this thread was bashing cops I wouldn't have responded to it.

Man, just wait, you think this is bashing?  OH MAN!  The old forum used to get pretty awful, haven't seen it so much on the new boards here.  But this ain't nothing as compared to what used to go down on the old forums.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So many brave keyboard jockeys , sitting in their nice safe homes fondling your guns.

Just curious , how many of you have had to chase BG's X distance then fight / subdue them?

Even better when was the last time you even had to use your hands to fight / subdue someone ?

It's VERY easy to critize , then again you probably started this thread just to get off on decent people doing a job .
View Quote

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#20]
probaly faster than mine
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1,200 fps.[rail]
View Quote

He could even now start using that ring shot out of a AR-15 to stop someone.  Like they show on TV with the LA sherrif and the metal fence.  
So, 600 FPS. Or the old ones sick the new guy to go after them.
hehe
c-rock
www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#22]
miss mag

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mr M4,

Pull your panties out your a$$ and do a little research, I started a thread on top speed of patrol cars, then out of curiosity, started a thread on top speed of leo choppers,.....no harm done, made 4 a good discussion if nothing else. At the end of the chopper thread BootieDaddy made a comment: All we are missing is Top speed of LEO's on foot,bikes,and boats,(he left out airplanes),and we would have this subject pretty well covered.
Just 4 fun, I started threads on all those mentioned, plus one he didn't think of (Top speed of LEO's on your mom) all of these turned out to be fairly entertaning topics.
4 you to come in here and start talking sh*t about a thread that was obviosly meant as a joke, is really ignorant on your part.

In conclusion, I hope you lose enough weight to bring back your sense of humor, because it won't bring back all the punk kids that have outran you.

PS: I have much repect 4 LEO's, just not ones like you that wear their wife's panties 2 work and expect 2 catch doped up criminals.

007  [;)]
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I Saw One(LEO) Chase A Baby Lion All Over The Parking Lot Of Fast Food Store This Was The Funniest Thing,Wish I Had VCR  Would Of Been 10,000 Thousand Dollars Funniest Video For Sure  I Caught Him In 4 Seconds With A Piece Of Cheese   Threw It By Him The Cat Ate It Walked Up To Me I fed It And Picked Him Up In My Arms About 1/2 Min Time  Cop 15 Min and Almost A Emt Ride To Hospt.Jelly Doughnuts Was Pouring Out Of His Pours
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Like I said before its REAL easy talking tough from behind that keyboard .

You sound like some kinda wanna be who never had the balls to go for it, I mean what kind of loser spends his time wondering how fast everything cops use is ?

Does it impress your trailer girl when you sound sooo mean and tough on the net ?

Go back to beating your wife .

PS : In case anyone cares this site now is getting a rep as cop bashers , and SHTF nutcases
look around the net and see what others ae posting about ar15 ,this site should be about enthusiasts , not losers looking to vent
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey 007 ( haha what a name ) , I'm a LEO and have chased and caught BG's including "doped up criminals " for 15 years . what do you do for a living Mr. ToughTALK ?

When if ever have you chased someone for real ?

When was the last time you had to use your hands to defend yourself ? ( not including girls please )

Loser
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#27]
ColtM4,
You are wasting your time with Mr Bond. I have a feeling he spends more time shoving panties up people's wazoos then pulling them out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread kinda reminds me of poop.
I don't think there's anything good coming from this, so it's done...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top