Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 11:42:56 AM EDT
Please consider this 'data' as you tweak this excellent site...

For a day or so after an upgrade, the site was blazing fast.  Now, with the dark background again, it is back to a very slow connection.   My iMac is running the latest and greatest software, has plenty of memory, etc., and for a while there the site ran so fast I could hardly believe the difference.  I wonder what changed?

BTW I have cable modem.  When I am waiting for a post to open, the cable modem light showing activity does not blink.  I wait about 15 seconds for a post to open sometimes.

Even using the scroll bar, I must wait for something to happen.  The wait disk spins either as a black and white or color rainbow, depending on what is happening.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
A bit more info...

"Wait" icon shows up on scroll bar primarily, but also on this text edit box.

The "wait" icon does not show up on other sites.  If it is a browser issue, can you help me with browser settings?  I am using the new IE 5.1 for Mac OS X.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top