Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2001 4:07:13 PM EDT
GoatBoy et alia,

I posted a while back about how AR15.com used to crash but then had been working great for a little while, and lately started crashing Netscape frequently again.  You suggested turning off dynamic menus in my user profile.  I did that, but the site continues to crash the browser at an alarming rate.

I am unable to turn off JavaScript to see if that's why, because the forum pages don't display any text if I turn off JavaScript.

Hopefully this will get posted -- I tried to post a response to the earlier thread telling you that the problem didn't go away after turning off menus, but the browser died just a few seconds before I was ready to post it.

I realize there are a lot of whizzo neato cool things that one can do with scripting.  I understand that this is Netscape's fault for writing buggy code.  But I'd really appreciate it if there were a way to view the forums without having to enable Java or JavaScript or VBScript -- their appearance is such that straight HTML should be more than sufficient to create the pages anyway, and I don't understand what the heavy use of scripting is buying you.  (If it's a question of font size, a user-profile font-size parameter would take care of that in a second.)

FWIW, I have noticed that the browser seems to blow up very quickly if I log in (or even accept the ASPSESSIONID cookie) from the main page.  However, cookies or logging in don't seem to be required for it to crash.

Thanks,

Achmed
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:53:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top