Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/24/2011 8:57:13 AM EDT
Well, I got her. Quite a handful. The handle feels very solid when held. Nicely shaped. No sharp edges...except on the blade which is wicked sharp.

As for overall appearance. It looks like a battle weary blade, which I love. It feels like a capable machete/sword, but I am no expert. I CAN tell you I wouldn't want to get whacked with this beast. It is 1/4" thick with working marks and such. Again, looks like its been used. I've always been partial to used weaponry - be it handgun, rifle or blade. Not worn out, but used in appearance. Not a fan of safe queens.

Kydex sheath fits nice.

Is it worth $169? Well, only you can say, but I am satisfied. I got a handmade blade that appears to me as being battle worthy...but I'm not likely to encounter too many zeds anytime soon (unless my wishes come true! LOL) so this is more for the cool factor. I supported a group of crazy guys with a similar passion as me - zombie/living dead genre - and got a one-of-a-kind weapon.

If you feel the need to flame, knock yourself out. I have the disposable income and this made me happy.

Cheers,

easysixonezero

Pics.

*edit*

Spoke with ZombieTools people. They will give a 10% discount for AR15.com ZOMBIE CENTRAL members through the month of March 2011. So if you're ready for your ZT blade, get on it soon for 10% off!

Rather than making an internet order, call in your order and mention AR15.com ZOMBIE CENTRAL for your discount.

Cheers all,

PS.  NOT a group buy, but a general discount for all...
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Purdy
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Purdy

Ugly...

i like it
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
..........all that comes to mind is EPIC!
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
where can I get one
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool....group buy?  
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
where can I get one

zombietools.net

Nice blades :)
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
In for torture test
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been eye-ballin that 'Reaper' for quite some time now...

Practical? Probably not
Bad ass? Oh hell yeah!
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine just before Christmas and love it.   Like the OP said, I would want to get whacked with it.  No pics sorry, will try and get some later.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Not bad but I have a khukri from Nepal i'm rather fond of.  I don't want to engage zeds with sharp implements anyway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#13]
What is the handle made of? Awesome stick you got..been looking at getting one and I think you sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#14]
A - As for torture test...I'd be down with some testing, any logical ideas?  I don't want to simple start chopping at cinder block to "test it".  LOL

A - Entire machete is metal. Handle is aluminum (I think...). It looks like it'd be sharp (the edges of the handle) in pictures, but they did a good job of blending the metal so it is quite smooth and comfortable.

A - The indents in the blade are random lettering. I think they were going for the, "I made this myself in the junk yard during the end of the world out of a hunk of steel I found" look.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Umm, it's got a bottle opener!  Able to take out z's and crack a cold one, worth every penny!
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Very cool....group buy?  

I would SO be in on a group buy! I have been eyeballin their stuff, but I am a bit hesitant to spend that much. If I got a discount.....

I really like it. It has a "Post-Apocoliptic" look to it, that screams rugged, durable and ready for abuse. Don't get me wrong, shinny "perfect" knives are nice, but there is always a place in my heart for something like that.

FWIW, if somebody would like to set up a group buy, I'm sure we could get a handful of people in on it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#17]
FYI - I've reached out to ZT guys about a possible group buy.  Will post any responses.

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
FYI - I've reached out to ZT guys about a possible group buy.  Will post any responses.

Keep us informed! I am already drooling over their stuff.

How does the sheath attach to anything? Does it have loops on the back or do you just run paracoard through the holes on each side and tie it where you want it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#19]
That is absolute badass!!! Tagging this thread for group buy info...
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FYI - I've reached out to ZT guys about a possible group buy. Will post any responses.

Keep us informed! I am already drooling over their stuff.

How does the sheath attach to anything? Does it have loops on the back or do you just run paracoard through the holes on each side and tie it where you want it?

Naw, only the visible holes as seen in pics. I suppose there may be attachments designed for the holes...kinda like bladetech attachments...
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#21]
tag for group buy...if price is right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Remember group buys through here have to be cleared by Site Staff.

Other than that, all I can say is and

Will do...

MP5 was lurking about my office when I was snapping pics and is a TOTAL attention whore, wanting to get into the shot....
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm really digging the Para Bellum on their site. Oh if only I was a rich man...
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
One thing I never understood about killing zombies.  If you get up close and personal for a good hacking, wouldn't the splatter have a decent chance of infecting you?  I'm defering to the experts on this one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow.  I'm in awe.  I want two of each!!!!  In for the group buy if it happens.  Time to go sign up for some overtime......
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#28]
In for group buy. My brother would die (he is a Pensic guy). In for two.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the Harvester.

(Sings like Metallica: Harvester of Sorrow!)
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Easy610, when you asked about a group buy, did you say we all wanted the same one you bough or did you tell them that there would be a variety of different items being ordered? I would really like some of those little ZT Spikes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One thing I never understood about killing zombies.  If you get up close and personal for a good hacking, wouldn't the splatter have a decent chance of infecting you?  I'm defering to the experts on this one.

Their blood will be coagulated and won't spurt, but rather seep out of the woods.  It's still very dangerous but a good cloth around your face, some eye protection, you'll be severing heads in no time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#32]
In for group buy also
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Got a response. Rather than a "group buy" they are considering a special discount for ZOMBIE CENTRAL members. They are working with their web page guy to see about adding a spot for promo codes during an on-line sale.

They did ask approximately how many blades might they expect, so how many should I tell them?

Sounds like the discount could be on any of their blades...this could be a good deal.

I sent them a link of this thread...

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I've been looking at their stuff for a while.  A discount sounds like it would seal the deal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've been looking at their stuff for a while.  A discount sounds like it would seal the deal.

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This.

I am looking at one of the machete's / short blades (Vakra, Urban Bone Machete, Rough & ready bone machete, etc) and one of the ZT Spikes.

if everybody who is posting about a group buy, we should have at least a half dozen plus blades.

ETA: I just dont know if I want something like the Para Bellum, light, fast & sleek, or if I want something like the Rough & Ready, heavy, durable and a hacking machine
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Group Buy?

Yeah, I'm down like four flats on a dump truck

Count me in
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag for more info
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I venture to their site every couple of weeks and contemplate ordering a blade from them.  AmericanKami is working on a knife I ordered now and I've been wanting to get a few more.  I just need to stay away from the Paul Chen Katanas.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#40]
in for discount

edit: bought tshirt for sword loving, zombie hatin bro!
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Love the blade, as far as a group buy goes.... they have a hatchet I would love to have, looks like the perfect thing for skinning a elk or taking the top of a Z. I would be down to jump on a group buy.sssshhhhhh just don't tell the wife.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
tag for group buy...if price is right.

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I am in on 1 or 5 if we get a good discount
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#44]
awesome
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Love the blade, as far as a group buy goes.... they have a hatchet I would love to have, looks like the perfect thing for skinning a elk or taking the top of a Z. I would be down to jump on a group buy.sssshhhhhh just don't tell the wife.

Hatchet??? Where is this hatchet you speak of? I would love a nice hatchet.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#46]
After looking at the site for awhile now I want the Kukri and the Parapellum

but I cant find anything about any sort of warranty which would be the deciding factor in my purchase
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've been looking at their stuff for a while.  A discount and the handle being made out of a practial material sounds like it would seal the deal.

i've said it before and i'll say it again...

meh, i've seen their stuff and i like it for the *most* part... but...

WHY THE FUCK do they insist on installing only aluminum handles, i mean for the love of god they're in montana i know it gets real cold there. hell, it gets cold enough here to not want to use an impliment with a metal handle. besides the uncomfortable to possibly numbing effect of holding on to an aluminum grip in cold weather it'll beome slick with the blood gore and goo from the undead you'll be ninja-in...
a little too much gore and slip...
there goes your blade...
so instead of the nearly defenseless idiot going full-retard melee mode on a horde of undead you are now a very soon to be nutritional supliment and moral booster for the enemy...
good going jackass...
maybe the rest of your crew will take a hint and grip up on some linen impregnated micarta, a 550 cord wrapped handle, or just some plain old good old fashioned walnut or hickory or stacked leather grips and handles...
having worked with a lot of different types of tools and blades over the years and having even done a little bit of smithing myself i'll go ahead and say it, aluminum handles are good for nothing more than psuedo post-apocalyptic esthetics...
fucking amature yahoos...
real zombie hunters will be using blades made with handles fashioned out of the femur bones of the ghouls they've fell and slain...

also if i ever become a paraplegic in say a car wreck or something, i'm planning on having my dead legs removed(why drag around the extra useless weight) and i'll have a couple sets of custom grips manufactured out of the bones, grips for a dual set of custom 1911s, a nice 7" or so inch fixed blade knife and maybe grip panels for the tang of a 'hawk... at least then i'll regain partial use of my legs...

K.

linen micarta, a pretty hardwood, some form of polymere, would all make a much better handle material from the aspect of a solid non slip grip, and in order to keep the damned thing from freezing to your hand(like during the winter in montana where they're made). hell good old fashioned stacked leather would even be nice and heaven forbid they do something post zomb-pocalyptic and offer bone handles for thier zombie killing impliments...

i also think now that the wife and i are buying a house i'm gonna have to dig my forge and anvil out of storage and start tinkering again... maybe make some zombie ending lite weight axes, 'hawks and other assorted blades... don't get me wrong i really really like thier stuff, i just hate their choice of material for handles...

K.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#49]
probably in for one or two on group buy
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 4:13:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Kar15, I respect your opinon, but please tone it back a little.

After looking at their site, I think I am gonna be down for at least 1 machette type blade, a ZT Spike and a ZT Logo T-Shirt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top