Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 11:02:08 AM EDT
of course, what do you expect from hollywood these days?  

Delta Farce is a 2007 comedy film set to be released for Lions Gate on May 11, 2007. It is directed by C. B. Harding and stars Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, DJ Qualls and Danny Trejo.

[edit]
Promotional Quotes

War isn't funny.... but this movie is.

[edit]
Plot

When three small town National Guardsmen bound for Iraq are unknowingly dropped into Mexico, their confusion leads them to "liberate" a small village from a band of corrupt Federales.

www.lionsgate.com/deltafarce/
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Well, the movie might not be accurate, but unfortunately, this myth has an unfortunate grain of truth to it.

ETA ARFCOM Politically Correct Disclaimer:  Before the shitstorm, I am in no way implying that all NG/R are idiots, but enough are (and at a rate far exceeding that of the Active Duty) that they soil the image and reputation of the rest.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude its Larry the cable guy of course its going to be dumb!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]
There are enough people running around the country looking for things to be offended about, we don't need to join them.

Sounds like a funny plot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are offended by this movie, you need to get punched in the throat for being such a queer.
It's a goddamn Larry the Cable guy movie, and it has basically the same plot as Stripes or In The Army Now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, its quite clearly a COMEDY. People need to stop getting their panties in wad every time their special little group gets a little fun poked at them. Countless comedy movies have been made about the military, the police, etc.
Its Larry the Cable Guy for crying out loud!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There are enough people running around the country looking for things to be offended about, we don't need to join them.

Looks funny but I wouldn't be surprised if it had a lot of anti-military stuff in it.

I won't be running out to see it without an ARFCOM review and a critic review.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a COMEDY.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]
First thing I thought was "Stripes".

I don't think Larry the Cable Guy or Bill Engvall has shit on Bill Murray or Harold Ramis, though.

Also, the title "Delta Farce" screams direct-to-video.

I will be surprised if this is anything but a silly unfunny turd.

I'll probably just watch Stripes again.

"ARRRrrrrrmy training!!!!"
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, the movie might not be accurate, but unfortunately, this myth has an unfortunate grain of truth to it.

ETA ARFCOM Politically Correct Disclaimer:  Before the shitstorm, I am in no way implying that all NG/R are idiots, but enough are (and at a rate far exceeding that of the Active Duty) that they soil the image and reputation of the rest.

There's a reason why we call them"nasty girls".       They have piss poor training and leadership.

Don't belive believe me? Go talk to a NG Recruiter. They take the dregs that the Active Duty and Reserves won't touch.

If you get kicked out of the Active duty for just about any reason ( personality disorder, pattern of mis-conduct, drug and alcohol rehab failure, .......etc.) Don't worry, the NG has a waiver for you.

Sorry guys, But it's the truth.  The NG is where we send our shit bags.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Then you need to be pissed about In the Army Now as well
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Its like saying his movie about health inspection was even remotely true LOL
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#12]
i'm not "offended" by the movie or against military parodies.  It just rubs me the wrong way that they would release this in a time of war when many of the same men who they ridicule are fighting in the middle east.  "In the Army Now" was released in 1994, not exactly a lot of fighting going on at that time, or obvious enemies who might latch on to such a movie.  For once, i'd like to see something come out of hollywood supportive of the military and it's current mission, but that's probably expecting too much.  could you imagine a movie like this being made at the height of world war 2?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like The Three Amigos 2.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks funny but I wouldn't be surprised if it had a lot of anti-military stuff in it.

I won't be running out to see it without an ARFCOM review and a critic review.

I kind of doubt it, that would be career suicide for Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy, their audience ain’t going to tolerate much anti-military crap.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
could you imagine a movie like this being made at the height of world war 2?

There were lots of comedy's similar to this released during WWII. They were pro-military, yet still able to poke fun.

As for this movie, I'll wait till it's on HBO or something.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were lots of comedy's similar to this released during WWII. They were pro-military, yet still able to poke fun.

Yeas that was a common comedy form during the War.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I kind of doubt it, that would be career suicide for Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy, their audience ain’t going to tolerate much anti-military crap.

+1

I can see where people in the NG might take offense, but I don't think those two would intentionally insult the troops. I just don't thing that #1 it's in their character and #2 that they're that stupid that they'd offend their fan base.

Not to mention, most of their fan base LIKES to be made fun of.

In a vaguely respectful manner, at least.

Get ugly about it and . . . well, most of us already are, so we will get more ugly!  
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I can see where people in the NG might take offense, but I don't think those two would intentionally insult the troops. I just don't thing that #1 it's in their character and #2 that they're that stupid that they'd offend their fan base.

Not to mention, most of their fan base LIKES to be made fun of.

In a vaguely respectful manner, at least.

Get ugly about it and . . . well, most of us already are, so we will get more ugly!  

Rednecks love to make fun of the fact that they're rednecks.

It's all good-natured.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#19]
When does it come out?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw the trailer and I have to say that I want to see it, just for the comedy value of it.

Come on! Is Larry The Cable Guy, for God's Sake! THat just screams "Funny shit" right there; looks almost like a mix of "The Three Amigos" and "In The Army Now".

Just go watch it and laugh about it.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Shittiest officers I saw were on active duty.
The concept that there is more to duty than the next promotion somehow gets missed by many on active duty.

Ahhh . . . another Officer-Hater.

Let's apply some logical questions to your statement, Shittiest officers I saw were on active duty . . .

1) How many did you see?
2) Did you see ALL of them?
3) How many NG or Reserve Officers have you seen?
4) Have you seen ALL of them?
5) What bearing does your Officer-Hating comment bear on the overall average quality of the NG/R versus the AD?
6) How are the rank-and-file of the Officer Corps (or of the NCO Corps, for that matter) responsible for the shitty personnel evaluation and promotion systems they are saddled with?
7) Finally, who the hell mentioned Officers?!?

As for your statement, The concept that there is more to duty than the next promotion somehow gets missed by many on active duty . . . I posit that this could apply to a great many Officers and NCO's alike.

This was about the NG/R and the unfortunate stigma of being less well trained/disciplined/fit than the AD (on average).  What's unfortunate (for them, us, America) is that is generally true.

So, what is/was you MOS, so that I can randomly trash you with no justification?  

Edited after some IM traffic with Sylvan.  I still stand by some of my statements regarding my observations of the Guard/Reserve, but he has clarifed himself to me, and I thank him for that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Umm, both of those movies came out ~20 years after WWII.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well ....

This movie was on Sattellite recently:

imdb.com/title/tt0425743/plotsummary[American Soldiers

I don't think anybody here has even heard of this movie.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Stripes and Spies Like Us

Poked fun at the military, but I don't remember there being much outrage...

Both made during the height of the Cold War. Both classics.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Uh, how has EVERYONE forgotten the most obvious?

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, I checked out the website for this movie - and the plot synopsis says that the starring characters are a group of buddies who go to a rifle range and are mistaken for Army Reservists.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Uh, how has EVERYONE forgotten the most obvious?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/ZakkWylde470/gomer.jpg

Aw shit....

He's wearing the EGA and he's not a real Marine!

The only thing worse would be wearing the EGA AND MARPAT!!!

Oh noes!!!11!

Av.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#32]
How anyone can be offended by this is beyond me .

Watch the trailer

Larry the cable guy HOLDING  a M-60

LETS GET HER DONE

Grow some skin if this hurts your feelings
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#33]
  I read a review  that said they are not National Guard, but are a fictional state militia or something. It went on to say that "Larry" knows his fan base and wouldn't want to disrespect them including his .mil fans.

It's just a movie. Some of you MAY be surprised to know that "The Flintstones" is not historically or anthropologically  accurate. Cavemen did not drive and brake their cars with their feet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Larry the cable guy Movies are the 21st Century equivelant of Ernest goes go Camp movies.
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#35]
For the record, the National Guard is doing a lot of the heavy lifting in Iraq right now.

America's "Citizen Soldiers" have fought in every war except one since 1636.

The "nasty girl" shit bag image is a thing of the past, if you think its still true, you obviously are not paying attention.  The active duty couldn't function without us.

I can go on and on and piss off many active duty folks here with stories that illustrate why my National Guard company consistantly out-performed the active components we worked with, but I won't because it doesn't matter.  One force, one fight...

That said, I am sure the movie is funny and not meant to denigrate the NG.
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It's just a movie. Some of you MAY be surprised to know that "The Flintstones" is not historically or anthropologically  accurate. Cavemen did not drive and brake their cars with their feet.

So long as I can go back in time and still get those HUGE racks of ribs it's all good
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#37]
There are a few turds everywhere.  Get over it.

I find it silly to compare the appearance of the NG troops to the Active duty.

Active duty 80% are just a few years out of high school and work at the chosen skill, every week all year long.

Half of the National Guardsmen are typically previous active duty guys after their first 3,4,or8 years were up and they moved on in thier life but wanted to keep affiliated with the military.  So therefore they are older, maybe greyer, maybe less spry, maybe have a few more pounds than when they were younger.  The other half are guys just like the AD guys but who probably had good grades and chose to go to college while still serving part time.

On top of that the NG/reserve guys only train a weekend a month  (+ 2 weeks in the summer) and when I was in a third of those were blown on mandatory bullshit, like recordskeeping and maintenance weekends.  I'm sure they get all the training they want now, but it wasn't always the way.

When called, these guys drop their well paying jobs at the local police dept, fire house, state or county prison, the insurance company, the local bank, or give up running thier private construction company or set thier college studies aside at often a huge personal financial loss or time lost on their life plans.    They kiss thier wives good bye, hug their kids and go and serve in harms way with just a month or two of brush up training.  They die and bleed just like active duty troops.

So it burns me when some 19 year old E-4 cracks shit on some 47 year old national guardsman because he doesn't look like the recruiting poster anymore.  Well think about the life experience the 47 y/o mf'r has over your wet behind the ears butt.

If anyone is offended by what i say,
then good you probably deserve to be offended.
Link Posted: 5/1/2007 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
There are a few turds everywhere.  Get over it.

I find it silly to compare the appearance of the NG troops to the Active duty.

Active duty 80% are just a few years out of high school and work at the chosen skill, every week all year long.

Half of the National Guardsmen are typically previous active duty guys after their first 3,4,or8 years were up and they moved on in thier life but wanted to keep affiliated with the military.  So therefore they are older, maybe greyer, maybe less spry, maybe have a few more pounds than when they were younger.  The other half are guys just like the AD guys but who probably had good grades and chose to go to college while still serving part time.

On top of that the NG/reserve guys only train a weekend a month  (+ 2 weeks in the summer) and when I was in a third of those were blown on mandatory bullshit, like recordskeeping and maintenance weekends.  I'm sure they get all the training they want now, but it wasn't always the way.

When called, these guys drop their well paying jobs at the local police dept, fire house, state or county prison, the insurance company, the local bank, or give up running thier private construction company or set thier college studies aside at often a huge personal financial loss or time lost on their life plans.    They kiss thier wives good bye, hug their kids and go and serve in harms way with just a month or two of brush up training.  They die and bleed just like active duty troops.

So it burns me when some 19 year old E-4 cracks shit on some 47 year old national guardsman because he doesn't look like the recruiting poster anymore.  Well think about the life experience the 47 y/o mf'r has over your wet behind the ears butt.

If anyone is offended by what i say,
then good you probably deserve to be offended.

Well said!
Link Posted: 5/13/2007 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#39]
(Hulka)- "Lighten up Francis"
Link Posted: 5/13/2007 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks great!  I think its funny hey if you cannot make fun of yourself somethings a matter.

but by the way they were wearing 3rd ID patches...
Link Posted: 5/13/2007 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#41]
hey if the active duty guys dont want us in the fight thats fine...  They can take it on their own
Link Posted: 5/13/2007 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I love it when you "shit stirrers" start a "jump on my band wagon" thread and it backfires.

As stated several times before, IT'S A F*CKING COMEDY MOVIE.

Link Posted: 5/13/2007 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

+1 if you couldnt tell by the previews that this movie was gonna flop and be dumb as hell there is no hope for anyone.
Link Posted: 5/16/2007 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Of Course!

Out of the Blue Collar Comedy guys, Larry is the worst.

Link Posted: 5/16/2007 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#45]
well, i'll eat crow on this one, i was entirely wrong about the purpose and demeanor of this movie.  the producer was being interviewed on the radio and seems to support the troops and is sending them thousands of free copies of the movie.  I'm not familiar with "larry the cable guy" so i didn't know what to expect from him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top