Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:07:05 PM EDT
Ok need some help with naming a Latin song about Christ's birth before my head explodes.  The song is named something similar to godete (when they sing it they pronounce it go-dee-tee.  Less than a year ago someone here posted the song being lip synched to by some goth chick in a nun outfit but I can't find it.  Her version was from some rock band that changed the lyrics into sex terms (classy).  I heard a section of the real song again today and can't get it out of my head.  I love that song but can't seem to find the name anywhere, usually my search foo is strong but not today.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Gaudete! gaudete!
Christus est natus ex Maria virgine,
gaudete!

1. Tempus adest gratiae, hoe quod optabamus;
carmina laetitiae devote reddamus.

2. Deus homo factus est, natura mirante;
mundus renovatus est a Christo regnante.

3. Ezecaelis orta clausa per transistur;
unde lux est orta, salus invenitur.

4. Ergo nostra contio psallat iam in lustro;
Benedicat Domino; salus regi nostro.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You sir are my hero! I could not get anything close to pull up, I guess I didnt have anything close to that spelling that would flag it.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
danged embedding issues...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And here it is sung by one of my favorite groups:

">  

Wha.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
And here it is sung by one of my favorite groups:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top