Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2012 3:37:51 AM EDT
Been trying to figure out what I need to do. Starter went out and I need to put a new one in. Do I have to pull the intake off? Is there any shortcuts to take? How long is this going to take me?
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Go on youtube and do a search.  I bet you there is a video to show you how to do it.  I did a starter on an old accord and it was a pitta.  Had to pull one of the axles out.  Hopefully the civic is not the same.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Pull the air cleaner and air box, that will give you enough room to get to it. Takes maybe thirty minutes. Piece o cake.
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pull the air cleaner and air box, that will give you enough room to get to it. Takes maybe thirty minutes. Piece o cake.

Yup.

Shouldn't be much of an issue, if you're somewhat mechanically inclined.

Disconnect the battery too (first!).  
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Son of a bitch, Didn't have to disconnect the battery, It was dead. lol.

30 min. Piece of cake. Mother Fuckity fuck.

I pulled the air box, still couldn't see the starter. Had to put it on stands and pull the right front tire. I did most of it with a super long extension and ratchet.

I swear I am going to strangle the next Japanese engineer I meet.

Took me about 2 hours total. I didn't even need to pull the air box. Slid it out behind the right front strut.

Anybody know what flat rate is for that?

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and thanks guys for the info. It did help some.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 1:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I see you already got it done...but here it is anyway.

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/honda-civic-2006-honda-civic-where-is-the-starter
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#7]
OP and anyone else,
if you are going to work on your own car, bite the bullet and get a factory shop manual. Lots are available on Ebay or Helm. It will pay for itself the first time you use it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Son of a bitch, Didn't have to disconnect the battery, It was dead. lol.

30 min. Piece of cake. Mother Fuckity fuck.

I pulled the air box, still couldn't see the starter. Had to put it on stands and pull the right front tire. I did most of it with a super long extension and ratchet.

I swear I am going to strangle the next Japanese engineer I meet.

Took me about 2 hours total. I didn't even need to pull the air box. Slid it out behind the right front strut.

Anybody know what flat rate is for that?

$75-85 dollars and hour?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top