Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2008 7:12:21 AM EDT
Anyone going to buy this game? I hear there is going to be a tacticool nucluear strike available in game.
I preordered it and cant wait to go in the store and pick it up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The TV ads look fucking gay.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I really liked the first one, I will get it as soon as it coems out and I have $60 for it
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I really enjoyed the first one and plan on buying this one as well.  The previews I have read of it sound very positive.  I will agree that the commercials for the game though are horrible.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I will agree that the commercials for the game though are horrible.

I dunno, I think the song is pretty funny they play.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Phew! Thought I was the only one who liked the commercial .
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

True but a game in which you can pick up your friend's Tank with your Hind D and carry him around while he blasts the Chavistas is a must have irregardless. :8
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved the first one on PS2, and traded it and the rest of my PS2 collection to practically pay off Mercs 2 and Fallout 3.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Oh No You Didn't!

Sucka tryed Play me, saying the ad is to gay-e,

Neva!

lol.

Yeah, I'm getting the game as soon as it comes out. Already got my copy reserved.

Can't wait to blow shit up for money.

(and drink beer with otters!)
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought the commercial was awesome.
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
the trailer is pretty cool too.

mercenaries 2 trailer
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Full version of the Oh No You Didn't song with Extra footage from the Commercial:

Full Version (Behind the Scenes)

Download the Full Song on MP3!
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#12]
It's not a nuke it is a MOAB.
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#13]
videos of gameplay look great.

Why did they release this on a sunday Aug 31?  shrug.
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too. The original Mercenaries for PS2 was a good game. I'll probably get it, but will have to try the PC version since I don't have a PS3 or XBOX360.

For those that never played the original, I think it's best described as GTA with a military setting and a lot more tanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be playing it at 1 PM EST tomorrow on PS3. Add me if you want some good explosion mayhem in coop.

PSN: Demolitio
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Got it today - its fun.  Kinda like GTA in a military setting.

Coop looks to be fun.  My 10 yr old and I have 2 360's networked so will try out the coop aspect tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the original game on the PS2 and it was fucking AWESOME. Put at least 200 hours into it over the years.

Tried to buy Mercs 2 today, but no one in town has it in stock yet. Will try again tomorrow.

EDIT: BTW, if any PS3 gamers want to hook up with other Arfcommers for coop, be sure and let me know you want your PSN ID added to Mercs 2 on the tacked PS3 players list. I added a section for it since I figure it'll probably be a popular game among this crowd.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I got the original game on the PS2 and it was fucking AWESOME. Put at least 200 hours into it over the years.

Tried to buy Mercs 2 today, but no one in town has it in stock yet. Will try again tomorrow.

EDIT: BTW, if any PS3 gamers want to hook up with other Arfcommers for coop, be sure and let me know you want your PSN ID added to Mercs 2 on the tacked PS3 players list. I added a section for it since I figure it'll probably be a popular game among this crowd.

I'm ready to kick some ass like we did in Bad Company :)

This game is insane fun. I think I've wasted around 3 billion dollars worth of bombs already.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Heh, we should do some more Bad Company too. I just picked that up again recently since they added Conquest mode.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Heh, we should do some more Bad Company too. I just picked that up again recently since they added Conquest mode.

Let me know and I'm down. 2 great games with great destruction! lol
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Makes me wish I had 2 PS3s and 2 high def TV's so we could play as a LAN in the house.

I'll get it for the PC I suppose and see how I like it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#22]
lll be on the PS3 version tomorrow..... my name s VegasEgo add me...
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#23]
looks like a lot of you guys are running ps3.  I went with the xbox version bc me and my kid have 2 xboxs networked.  Anyone running xbox?
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too. The original Mercenaries for PS2 was a good game. I'll probably get it, but will have to try the PC version since I don't have a PS3 or XBOX360.

For those that never played the original, I think it's best described as GTA with a military setting and a lot more tanks.

Mercenaries 2 is out on PS2
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#25]
if anyone one wants to play mercs 2 my gamertag is BrokenYapper
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#26]
that SONG is AWESOME

wife is about to throw me outta house for singing it everytime it comes on

OH NO YOU DIDNT
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
looks like a lot of you guys are running ps3.  I went with the xbox version bc me and my kid have 2 xboxs networked.  Anyone running xbox?

'Tis awesome so far.

<--------Gamertag
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like the PS3 version beats the 360 version: www.gametrailers.com/player/39248.html

/Controversy
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]
FYI coop ran real smooth for a few hours at home here.  Really nice no problems.

Xbox Live Gamer tag is:  Larain60 if anyone is up for coop.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#30]
So I just saw a long trailer for it...looks like Grand Theft Auto meets World in Conflict?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Not sure about world in conflict never played it.

However this game is a way over the top GTA... its a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#32]
So its a definite go out and buy and not a waste of money like I have read on some reviews? I heard this was a let down compared to the last.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
So its a definite go out and buy and not a waste of money like I have read on some reviews? I heard this was a let down compared to the last.

I bought it for 360.  While I do like the game so far, I like the format of the first one better.

ETA-  I don't regret buying at all though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a handful of complaints, mostly features that were in Mercs 1 that they REALLY should've brought back for Mercs 2... but overall, the game is farking AWESOME. I'm enjoying it several times more than I enjoyed GTA IV.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It is worth buying, though some things about it are annoying. It's a very good game that could have been a great one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Just bought it today

If you liked the first, you will like this one.  Has a different feel to it though.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Picked this up for the PS3 over the weekend...
Wow.. this is FUN!

The air strikes/cluster bombs are wicked....

Me and my nephew were laughing our asses of when I went to pick up "The Devastator"
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 4:22:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Wow.. this is FUN!

Me and my nephew were laughing our asses of when I went to pick up "The Devastator"

LOL the Devastator was funny shit... the 10 yr old still talks about it.

The coop is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 4:40:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow.. this is FUN!

LOL the Devastator was funny shit... the 10 yr old still talks about it.

The coop is awesome.

Haven;t tried the co-op yet.
Yeah... I went around the corner following the marker and saw the tank and thought that was it but nope....
then around the tank behind the fence was "The Devastator".
My nephew was laughing, saying go on dude, you gotta take it back to the base...
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#40]
is co-op online?
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
is co-op online?

I'm pretty sure it is.
I know when I fire the game up it says logging into EA servers and something about other players.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Pretty cool game, still like the first better.
Does the AN voices piss anyone else off? Also the things they say.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
is co-op online?

I'm pretty sure it is.
I know when I fire the game up it says logging into EA servers and something about other players.

Yup, it has coop. If you've got a good coop partner, coop can be a BLAST.

Quoted:
Pretty cool game, still like the first better.
Does the AN voices piss anyone else off? Also the things they say.

Yep, same here. First game is still the best sandbox game yet made in my opinion. Pandemic has pretty much confirmed they're definitely doing a Mercenaries 3 at the very least, though, so I figure they'll probably look at what worked and what sucked with this game and what people missed from Mercs 1, and really make Mercs 3 KILLER. In the meantime, Mercs 2 will definitely tide me over. More fun, and more replayability than GTA IV at least.

And yeah, I don't like that they made a couple of the AN guys caricatured morons. For all the wicked cool things in the game, that was very uncool.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll echo the sentiment that it IS NOT Mercs 1.  My main complaint is the support system.  I don't have a problem with having to "recruit" you supporting cast or collect fuel.  Rather, I don't like that you have to go all over creation to buy your support ahead of time; and that when you need it, you have to stop in the middle of severe crossfire to scroll through to find the right one.

Besides that, it's a great game.
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm loving it, about 96% completed with it so far.

I will say though, its a bit buggy. (On XBox at least.) My water graphics get all wacky at times..
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, the 360 version needs a patch pretty badly. Right now it seems the PC version is nearly bug-free, the PS3 version is somewhat buggy, and the 360 version is VERY buggy. The GameFAQs forums for the 360 version are overflowing with bug complaints.

Fortunately, Pandemic is already on it and has been collecting community bug reports for all versions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2008 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Are there any cheats codes yet?  I heard the ones from 1st game worked, but haven't had any luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I think the bugs for the 360 version are hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I like, definately better than GTA IMHO. CoOp is pretty good to. Yes it is a little buggy but most of the bugs work towards your favor. I'm about %87-88
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I think the song is one of those annoying little jingles that you can't stop singing about. Is funny AS HELL!!

YO YO!

FULL SONG

Oh no,oh no,oh no!

Yo,yo,yo.

Oh no you didn't!

Sucker try to play but ya never paid me.Never!

Oh no you didn't!

Payback here's it commin'.You will be runnin' forever!

Oh no you didn't!

Until I get my vengeance, I will never end this mayhem!

Oh no you didn't!

I'm a mercenary! You ain't got a prayer! You owe meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Plus you have to love the left handed AK in the commercial; I wonder if Stag Arms will make one?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top