17) [AR15.COM]notso (AL)
18) [AR15] Texas1911 (TX)
19) [AR15] Timmah (NC)
20) [AR15] Spartacus (NC)
21) [AR15] danroflmcwaffle (TX)
22) [AR15] Gibby (WA)

--------------------
19 Confirmed Players!

GREEN = Confirmed Team AR15.com tournament members. Please complete the registration process
= I have email address for match/scrim notification

You will need to sign up to their World Tournament forum to join the team.

1) Create a user account at this site: BF2 World Tournament. Then you will have to activate the account via email that they will send to you for confirmation.

2) You will need to enter your PunkBuster user ID (PBGUID) to complete your registration on the Tournament site.

To find out your PBGUID:
* Join an BF2 online game (preferrably a server with no one on or low # of users),
* Go into the game console [`] (tilde key), and type "pb_myguid" in the console screen and Press [Enter].
* Do a printscreen, to capture your PBGUID. Quit the game. Paste the picture into MS Paint, save.
* Select BF2 from the PBGUID MENU, and enter the last 8 digits of the PBGUID on their site to verify your account.

Rules:
* RULES: click link
* NO tournament fees  
* Plenty of COOL PRIZES. (PCs, video cards, CPUs, RAM, Mouse, Games, $$)
* 8 vs 8 on 16 player maps.
* There is NO limit on the number of members allowed on a team. Only 8 players max from each Team are allowed to play in a particular tourney game. We can change/rotate players during a match.
* Stock BF2 weapons only, NO Unlocked weapons will be used.
* All games are required to be recorded via Battlefield Recorder. Should be fun to view the replays!
* Start date:  NOVEMBER (14th)
* Default Match Day: Monday
Game matches can be changed if both Team Captains agree on time & date. The Captains must get in touch with the Tournament Administrators with in a set time limit to reschedule a match to a different day.
* There is still time to Join the team. Team rosters will be locked at some point though (Semi-Finals?).

Tournament Sponsors:

Sponsor Page

I will update this post with more info.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
UPDATE Jan 12th:

Tournament started Nov 14th

1st Match was played Nov 18th
* Match #1: Kubra Dam
* Opponent: Team AWG

2nd Match was played Dec 2nd
* Match #2: Dragon Valley
* Opponent: Team Crimson

3rd Match was played Dec 9th
* Match #3: Gulf of Oman
* Opponent: 3D-MALL SECURITY GUARDS

4th Match was played Dec 14th
* Match #4: Mashtuur City
* Opponent:  Knights of Davion

5th Match will be played 13th
* Match #5: Dalian Plant
* Opponent: Bloody Company

6th Match week of Jan 16th
* Match #6: Strike at Karkand
* Opponent: RANGERSQUAD
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
yall know i'm in

tanker excellent
spec ops second best
assault third best but i'm really good with the noob tube
resupply ok
medic ok
engineer ok
sniper  is probably tied with spec ops
if gerbers in he should be our medic he's a reviver from hell
lets get sum

Link Posted: 10/17/2005 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#3]
id like to play with yall. just add me to yalls xfire list.   Spartacus556 is the xfire name. Id love to play with yall after work.
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be interested, but I'm at work now so I'll have to tag this post for later use .
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got ~12K points and my K/D ratio is ~1.1

I have a lot of experience playing commander and have been told (plenty of times) that I am a good SL.  When I do play SL, I usually play as a medic and I try to stay back when assaulting to keep a close spawn point for my squad.

I don't have any favorite class and play all of them depending upon the needs of the squad I am in.
- If I play medic, I don't get many kills since I am usually in the rear of the squad reviving as possible.  I usually try to keep the SL alive (if it's not me).
- If I play support, I usually use the PKM to lay down fire as the group advances.
- I will occasionally play SF if we need to demo a bridge or defend a flag (C4 works well).
- I play AT if there are a lot of vehicles in the map/area.
- I play sniper if I need to hold a specific position by myself.  I use claymore's to my advantage to cover my six and flank.

Engineer and Assault are the two I use most rarely.  I rarely play assault unless our squad role benefits from the occasional smoke grenade.  I rarely play engineer because of all the IDIOTS that don't watch out for friendly mines.  I swear that 90% of the people I have played with think that the little red skull and crossbones icon is candy or something.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm game

edit:
[AR15]Absolut
Gunnery Sgt.
Global Score= 16,000+
Wins= 330
Loss= 223
Captured CPs= 2,244
Kills= 5,100+
Deaths= 3,038
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]
we need to get ugly in on this too!
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
we need to get ugly in on this too!

Yep, we definitely could use his skills.

There are actually quite a few guys that we play with regularly that I'd like to see join our Tournament Team.

I just don't want to twist their arms more than already have. If they want in, they know about this thread.. they can just post here to say they want in. Some may not just be into this kinda of thing. I think it would be fun.

Even some of the recent guys to join us online are pretty good.

I added/updated our XFire/TeamSpeak thread to show the basic stats. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=119&t=385248

I'll see how many players we can have on the Team, when they finally post the tournament rules.

I know we will need some back up players. Just in case someone can't play a tourney game, do to other obligations.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like there are some teams with 16-23 players on their team

Team info: bf2.worldtournament.net/?page=teamstats

We have until Nov 9th to have 8 players on the team to qualify.

We currently have 7 players who have completed joining the team. So, I don't think we will have any problems qualifying.

188 teams currently meet the minimum requirements.
415 teams don't meet the requirements thus far.

So, if you haven't completed the process please do so.

I have sent out the AR15.com team PW via PM or email. So, everyone that showed interest... should already have the PW. If not, please contact me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#10]
bump
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#11]
The three of you, still have to complete the Team AR15.com registration process:

Spartacus556 (NC)
GoingIncognito (NJ)
uglygun [squirrelhunter] (CA)

We could still use more players on the Team!! Just post a note, if your interested and I'll send you the team password.

Link Posted: 10/24/2005 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]
i posted about this in another thread but I doubt I'm gonna be able to manage it.

My new work schedule sucks big time at trying to get some gaming in during the week days because my work hours are from 11pm to 5am, I come home, eat and get my business done then goto bed.

My weekends are pretty much chock full for the next few weeks so I doubt I'll be playing much.    Maybe 2 hours total in any given work week and maybe 2 hours on a weekend here or there if I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm interested... though I'm at work right now. I'll have to join tonight and post then.

My BF2 name is:   [AR15] Glockster
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#14]
sweet glockster we need as much firepower as possible make sure to get on xfire asnd teamspeak so we can all practice and kick azz together!
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm all signed up. I just need the password now. I sent an IM to Redhorse for it.

I'll have to sign up for the teamspeak and xfire as well so that I can find you all online. (I've never used them)

I'm getting much better at BF2, especially since my new PC build. I can play much better with out lagging out of games and getting shot because my screen is only going 1 frame per second.

New build:
ASUS MB, AMD 4000+, GeForce7800, 2Gigs RAM, SATA HD, Cable Modem

Favorites: Medic, Engineer, Support, Special Ops
Planes: pretty good
Helicopter pilot: not too shabby, just don't expect miracles
Helo gunner: much better recently... really getting those TV missles down now
Armor: pretty good and getting much better

bf2s.com/player/glockster/
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#16]
My Xfire username is "ar15glockster"

I'm usually online after 8pm until 10:30pm eastern Weekday

Occasionally during the day and evening on Weekends
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Maplist for the BF2 Tourney.

Week 1: Kubra Dam
Week 2: Dragon Valley
Week 3: Gulf of Oman
Week 4: Mashtuur City
Week 5: Dalian Plant
Week 6: Strike at Karkand
Week 7: Daqing Oilfields
Week 8: FuShe Pass
Week 9: Sharqi Peninsula

The maps are in the order that they will be played.

Everyone needs to start practicing these maps in the 16 player version. If you can't practice with us online or want more time practicing. You can alway play the single player local game with the BOTs. Just try setting the BOT difficulty high enough to make it challenging.

Rules are here. bf2.worldtournament.net/?page=rules
Please familarize yourself with them. If someone is caught doing something they aren't supposed to, you may cause the Team to forfeit.

Link Posted: 10/27/2005 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok, I'll complete my registration as soon as I'm finished with this post, sorry I haven't done it earlier.

I'm best with the Engineer, but play Spec Ops/Medic/Assault if I'm not Engineer.  I'm an OK Jet Pilot, a barely passable Helo Pilot, but I'm a wicked Helo Gunner.  Usually I run around in Tanks/APCs as well, and would consider myself wicked with those as well.

Edit: I'll join the team on the Tourney page as soon as I get home as I don't know what my PunkBuster ID is offhand.  Otherwise, count me in .
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#19]
sweet was waitin for ya to get in on it! remeber kubra is first weeks map so get some playin time on a 16 player server for that the 16 player map only has the dam area in it
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, I spent some time playing 16 player Kubra, here are my thoughts.

-Keeping control of your main spawn is absolutely essential.
-Taking the enemy main spawn right off the bat can mean a quick victory.
- I think at the beg. we should send a squad of 3 to each of the middle flags.
-If we use a commander, he should stay back at main spawn to call out E's and defend.
-1 should begin making their way towards enemy main spawn.
-Whichever squad takes their middle objectiver first, 2 should move to help the other squad while the last stays to defend.

Team makeup:
-at least 1, maybe 2 anti-tanks
-1 engineer to drive our tank and repair
-If Chinese then 2 medics, if USA I wouldn't use any b/c AK is so much better than M16 in the game.
-3 or 4 spec ops. b/c of the nature of the map, it's easy to get in close and use C4 on armor.

Just my ideas, what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll play.

Just need the team password to join.

Global Score: 8,160

Total Kills: 2714
Total Deaths: 2365
Fragrate (K/D Ratio): 1.15
Total Matches: 372
Total Matches Won: 212
Total Matches Lost: 160
Captured CP: 1059

Best kit- Special-Ops

-----------------Kills----Road Kills----Deaths----K/D Ratio----Hours Used
Armor (Tank)----781------- 56-------- 202 ------4.14 ----------12.96
Aviator (Pilot)---387-------- 54 -------214 ------2.06 -----------10.94
Ground Defense-54 ---------- 8 ------- 24 -------2.58------------ 0.45
Helicopter-------367--------- 19------- 236 ----- 1.64------------ 10.93
Transport-------461---------- 83-------  311----- 1.75------------ 13.40
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]
All signed up .
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Sweet guys! Thanks for signing up.  

We could use more players to fill up the ranks, when we have some absent or if someone has some technical problems (PC, internet connection).

Even if you don't have time now, join in. The tournament may go on for two months as we advance through the ranks!

Some of you may think that you are too busy now, but in a few weeks (when things may slow down).. you may regret not joining up in the team. Once the dealine reaches you won't be able to Join the team and participate.
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Some maps to review to come up with some possible strategies.

16 Player Maps

Link Posted: 10/27/2005 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I go to boot camp January 5th , but I would love to help til then.  Sign me up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

16 Player Maps

KUBRA DAM 16 player Cheat sheet: image deleted

I marked the locations for Commander assets and all the vehicles. Note that the MEC Commander assets are spread out, compared to the USMC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 1:18:37 AM EDT
[#27]
i just started playing again a couple days ago.  BF2 would always drop my connection before the patch but everything seems fine now.

name on there is -]oS[-eWRXshun

dono how to rid that clan tag and keep the stats i have, though.

Link Posted: 10/28/2005 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

16 Player Maps

KUBRA DAM 16 player Cheat sheet:

img23.imageshack.us/img23/116/kubradam9cx.th.jpg

I marked the locations for Commander assets and all the vehicles. Note that the MEC Commander assets are spread out, compared to the USMC.

I've never realized just how small this map is... a team of snipers could win one of those :)

-d
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
i just started playing again a couple days ago.  BF2 would always drop my connection before the patch but everything seems fine now.

name on there is -]oS[-eWRXshun

dono how to rid that clan tag and keep the stats i have, though.

sigimages.bf2tracker.com/92722/2/sig1.png

You can't if that is your name in the game. Unfortunately you'd have to start a new account.

-d
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#30]
It was cool finally getting to play with you guys last night after I figured out the teamspeak thing and how to find you all on a server.

I had a lot of echo from talking on teamspeak though. Almost everything I said I heard myself 2 seconds later. It made it kind of hard to concentrate on what I was saying when I kept hearing myself in delay.

I should be online again tonight around 8:00.

[AR15]Glockster
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#31]
You just have to play with the microphone settings in TeamSpeak. Adjust the sensativity and also the speaker output level.

Sometime you also have to mess with the Windows sound levels.

Just got to get it right, where the game sounds & us talking on TS is about even. So that you hear us clearly above the sound efx. Also set your mic sensativity to where it'll activate when you talk (not set so high, we can hear you breath) and not when the speakers get loud do to some heated action.

Your mic was probably too close or your sound level too high and the mic picked it up. Try repositioning the mic, etc...

We'll have some good games tonight. Fridays are usually a lot of fun. We may get two full squads going like a few weeks ago.

It's funny when you hear other players significant others come near the PC and nag on them for playing so much. lol Or when they're playing BF2 when under medication... lol

At least you won't hear the spammers. Dizza has the server security set now, where we don't get anymore interuptions.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#32]
yeah I had some microphone issues too..... So I turned the teamspeak level up and turned the game sound down.  and went into the teamspeak program and set a key to activate the mic.   I guess the default is sound activated.  with suround sound i guess leaves the mic open(or cause i had the volume up too loud to begin with)  but I think changing it to the key activation is the BEST way to have it set up

like redhorse said.   we hear alot of stuff in the background that people don't realize.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Headsets are the best thing for TS usage. My sound doesn't bother anyone in the house and there is no echo effect at all.

-d
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey guys, count me in, I'll try to run through the registration steps as soon as I get BF2 installed on my new computer.

My username is "hermanmelville" on BF2.

You all still need players?  I'm at school alot (med school) but will play if the tourneys are not right before a big test.

Mac
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep, we're still looking for players. We don't want to play short if we don't have to. We know how something can come up and you have to take care of real life situations..rather than just a game match.

We will work something out, if we have more players than need for a specific match.

Check your PMs or emails for the password. If you don't get it, try PM'ing me.

*** Video ***

Here a a webcast of a scrimage games from the league. Just to give you an idea.
pcjunkys.com/Downloads/TSN/cRu_vs_20ID_8_v_8.wmv

clips from another scrimage:
files.filefront.com/PandemicBF2fragMovieavi/;4292543;;/fileinfo.html
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Alright, i joined up on the bf2 tourney site.

How do I contact everyone else?  is there a thread on here with everyones names or how do yall chat or organize?

Mac
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Alright, i joined up on the bf2 tourney site.

How do I contact everyone else?  is there a thread on here with everyones names or how do yall chat or organize?

Mac

Here is the Xfire & TeamSpeak info. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=119&t=385248

Xfire is like AIM for gamers. The list of AR15 XFire users are in that thread. Just add the names to your buddy list to find out when that user is online. XFire Buddy list will tell you who is online and what game server they're playing on.

TeamSpeak (TS) is our voice over IP chat server.

Load those programs up and we'll help you with any question/setups/problems. There will be lots of us on tonight.
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I am in, I just need the password

bftracker stats:
bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=45057649
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks you all to those who have joined Team AR15.com thus far!!!

We need more players please!

Less than a week left, before they lock the Tournament.

Once they lock it down: no new teams, teams with less than 8 players will be removed, and no one will be able to join an existing team.

A lot of our regular nightly players haven't joined up. So, I will do what I can to get more of them to sign up. So, if you have some influence with these non-join'ers... let's get more of them to join up.

I'm not asking them to play every match game. If they think they can play even for just one match game, they should join the Team. Before the deadline.

Better to register and not be able to play. Than being able to play in a match, but can't play..because they never registered with the Team. Know what I' saying...

* If your having PC hardware, game crashing, or internet problems...they can usually be fixed. We have plenty of folks here that can help you with you PC problems. I've been able to help a few players already. Don't let that stop you from signing up with the Team.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm in.

Great! Glad to see you finally succumbing to the 'Dark Side'.

I PM'd you the Team password.
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone made master sargeant yet?
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Im in, AR15 danroflmcwaffle, just im if you want to contact if you backup or something.

Gunnery Sarge
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

There are quite a few of us already at that rank. I'm only a couple of weeks away from my Seargent Major promotion.

Copy this long text onto: bf2s.com/my-leaderboard.php to get quick stats on the regulars. Copy & paste onto box, and "Save Leader Board" stats.

7304289,44423034,43708020,47576470,47958001,36784778,47263852,44123819,49575138,44760981,44760981,43703282,44423209,46903530,24036438,43433844,43579140,49455699,43420071,48364949,43392749,45355027,48277423,48227134,8039117,48612241,43339307,37355489,46225878,45057649

Here is the list of BF2 AR15ers (83 members):  bf2tracker.com/bf2_clanprofile.php?clanid=128

Link Posted: 11/9/2005 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Im in, AR15 danroflmcwaffle, just im if you want to contact if you backup or something.

Gunnery Sarge

Email sent. PW will be in the email... Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are quite a few of us already at that rank. I'm only a couple of weeks away from my Seargent Major promotion.

Copy this long text onto: bf2s.com/my-leaderboard.php to get quick stats on the regulars. Copy & paste onto box, and "Save Leader Board" stats.

7304289,44423034,43708020,47576470,47958001,36784778,47263852,44123819,49575138,44760981,44760981,43703282,44423209,46903530,24036438,43433844,43579140,49455699,43420071,48364949,43392749,45355027,48277423,48227134,8039117,48612241

Here is the list of BF2 AR15ers (83 members):  bf2tracker.com/bf2_clanprofile.php?clanid=128

Yikes! Just looked at my stats.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#47]
What are you talking about. You have good stats.

Your Score Per Minute is above 2.0, your kill/death ratio is above 1.0, and your over all accuracy is above 20%. That is pretty good, especially for the number of hours you got in.

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#48]
I can join if you need another person.

I play medic and AT mainly, some Engineer and Support.

I can gun and am marginal at helo piloting. I am decent at fighters and am learning bombing.

I have played with you guys so you know Im not great, but if you need help I can join. Lemme know.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I can join if you need another person.

PW sent via IM

We should get our match schedule this weekend. We will find out who our first VICTIM is.

Tournament starts Monday the 14th. We have 2 weeks to complete the first match.

My 2nd post on the first page will be for UPDATES! I will update the title & bump this thread up, anytime there is an important update.

Tournament players should IM or email me your email address. So, that I can shoot out reminders.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Match schedule for WEEK #1 is up!

Our first Match opponent is: "The Art of War Gaming"

VS

This is our Division for the Tournament

We need our top players for this. I think the (AWG) team is pretty strong. We are scheduling the match right now. I thought he was asking for a scrimmage game and didn't realize that we were scheduling the MATCH game. So, I have to clear up the mis-understanding.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top