Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2010 2:28:52 AM EDT
I just started and today is day 5!  I have a facebook support group, but curious if anyone in here does the support boards on beachbody.com.  The more people I have guilting me everyday the better!  I hurt like a mofo, but loving the program.  Gotta say I was surprised how much I liked the yoga...
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Say, what's a good place to get the DVD's? I checked craigslist but no luck there, and can't really afford to shell out the full retail price. Ebay?
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got my package yesterday.  Wife and I are starting it on Monday.  We're having our last hurrah eating our unhealthy food and booze this weekend (we can't throw stuff away).
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on getting started. I am on my second round and my wife is on her first. I can say that after taking 2 weeks off from the first round my legs and glutes are sore as hell from legs and back.

Just do your best and forget the rest! And just keep pushing play,,,,,,
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just got my package yesterday.  Wife and I are starting it on Monday.  We're having our last hurrah eating our unhealthy food and booze this weekend (we can't throw stuff away).

Fuck it. If a fancy-pants flyboy can do it, so can I. I just ordered one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck it. If a fancy-pants flyboy can do it, so can I. I just ordered one.

I don't wear pants... I wear a fireproof onesy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a place I can read a good write up on P90x?  I keep hearing about it, and it has me curious as to what it's all about.
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there a place I can read a good write up on P90x?  I keep hearing about it, and it has me curious as to what it's all about.

BeachBody
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BeachBody

Thank you! I am looking at the insanity kit, anyone try that one? Or is it a totally different kit from the p90x.

Edit 3 39.99 payments + 24.00 shipping and handling

Too rich for my college living blood
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BeachBody

Thank you! I am looking at the insanity kit, anyone try that one? Or is it a totally different kit from the p90x.

Edit 3 39.99 payments + 24.00 shipping and handling

Too rich for my college living blood

I have done Insanity.  It is different then P90X.  P90X is more strength training with some cardio/plyo mixed in.  Insanity is pretty much all cardio/plyo.  If you get it from Team Beachbody.com its $10 cheaper.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Day 1... I can't move my arms.  that is all.  I'm off to work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Day 1 done. Kinda liked it in a twisted sorta way,
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Day 2 was great - plyometrics... I have to wonder how such simple movements make my legs feel like jelly.  I am regretting living in a two-story house.  

So, since I fly, I can't take creatine (which is in the recovery mix).  Thus far, I am just using chocolate milk which I hear is a sufficient substitute.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Day 2 was great - plyometrics... I have to wonder how such simple movements make my legs feel like jelly.  I am regretting living in a two-story house.  

So, since I fly, I can't take creatine (which is in the recovery mix).  Thus far, I am just using chocolate milk which I hear is a sufficient substitute.

How does creatine affect your ability to fly?

Genuinely curious here.

I've also been substituting chocolate milk, only because I'm cheap and eating healthier has already cost me enough money...

Link Posted: 2/24/2010 1:57:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How does creatine affect your ability to fly?

Genuinely curious here.

I've also been substituting chocolate milk, only because I'm cheap and eating healthier has already cost me enough money...

No idea, but the flight docs have ruled it taboo... soo.... I don't use it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Say, what's a good place to get the DVD's? I checked craigslist but no luck there, and can't really afford to shell out the full retail price. Ebay?

Ebay.
I got for $75 shipped.
There are a lot of typos in my book, so I wonder if it is a pirate copy.

My P90x background.
I am 5'7" and weighed 197lbs July of 09 when I started.
July, August and September I stayed true to the system and did my 90 days straight.

Oct,Nov. and December I did some of the light weight workout 3 days a week,
and did some jogging at night.

January 1, 2010 I started the program again. 4 days only
This time I do the:
Monday- Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Tuesday- Plyo
Wednesday-Back/Bi's
Thursday-Kenpo

February 1, 2010
Monday-Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Tues- Run 1 mile,
         2x-  40 push ups, 15 pull ups, 40 sit ups, 40 squats
           Run 1 mile
Wednesday- Bi's/Back

Currently I weigh 165lbs and am looking pretty ripped.
I could get leaner but I would really have to shred my diet and that is the tough part.

Just by working out and losing the fast food I have accomplished this.

Natron
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ebay.
I got for $75 shipped.
There are a lot of typos in my book, so I wonder if it is a pirate copy.

Natron

It is.  

There is a huge racket on ebay that sells bootleg p90x dvds.

i think a lot of them are copied in china.  

i looked into this before i placed my order.  i ended up ordering through beachbody.com
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Been sick (too sick to fly or work out) for the last few days, and I'm going to end up starting over, I think.  That is somewhat disappointing.  The diet isn't that bad, but there is a lot of food that I miss.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I'm going P90X Lean for the first run through. I start tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I got mine on Craigslist for $50.

Brand new, still sealed.  Younger kid had one already and got another as a gift.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Been sick (too sick to fly ...

Yet another reason why SM-2s and Tomahawks are better than aviators.

Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could always strap him to a Tomahawk and he could Strangelove the enemy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drinking coffee while killing bad guys is very important, I understand.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drinking coffee while killing bad guys is very important, I understand.  

Not getting my coffee is what puts me in a killin' mood.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Chocolate milk plus a scoop of protein powder works great.  Did that all thru out my 1st round and it really helped with muscle recovery, nothing like the first couple of weeks of soreness until I figured out that I needed a recovery drink.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Anybody have a extra nutritional guide?  I might buy a P90X in the EE, but he doesn't have the guide.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 2:20:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm on travel, so I decided to start with the P90X Lean. Wow. I didn't realize just how out of shape I was until last night.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 5:10:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Are you guys following the diet plan to the letter? The wifey is looking at the meals and getting a little sticker shock.

Please post your mean plans if you aren't.

Link Posted: 3/1/2010 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Not really, I got an iPhone app called eatright90 that shows you how much carbs, fruits, veggies protein etc etc you should be eating based on your fitness level and stage in the plan.

It lets you put check marks in when you eat something so you get a good overall picture of how close to the plan you are eating.

I need to eat more veggies.

Link Posted: 3/1/2010 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't have the nutrition guide plus all that food would be way too expensive. I stick to more proteins, lean meat/fish, almonds, fruits and veggies with lots of water and less or no carbs, sweets, beer, dairy, soda, etc. I eat small meals or snacks every 2-3 hours. It seems to be working fine.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok I just got done with Cardio X, which is the second workout of P90X lean. I'm used to running 4 miles a day on a treadmill and then walking at a 3.8mph pace at a 10 incline for 20 minutes. I'm not used to being this dehydrated. If you're going to do this, HYDRATE until you think you've hydrated enough and then hydrate some more.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I did Kempo tonight.  That was kinda fun.  The muscle memory was coming back by the end of the hour from when I used to do such things.  
The Yoga last night?!? WTF?  I thought yoga was supposed to be calming and serene and... yeah... not so much.  

As for the diet... well... yeah, that's a nice thought.  I'm doing the best I can, but my schedule is not really conducive to a strictly regimented diet like that.  So, I am ad-libbing a bit.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:05:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I did Kempo tonight.  That was kinda fun.  The muscle memory was coming back by the end of the hour from when I used to do such things.  
The Yoga last night?!? WTF?  I thought yoga was supposed to be calming and serene and... yeah... not so much.  

As for the diet... well... yeah, that's a nice thought.  I'm doing the best I can, but my schedule is not really conducive to a strictly regimented diet like that.  So, I am ad-libbing a bit.  

For diet, I try to keep under 1800 calories, for my body type and size. I also try to focus on getting protein over the other stuff.

Kempo was fun, I did it yesterday. Yoga? Well Yoga hurt like a mother. I had to stop about 40 minutes in and then go to the cool down. My hips still haven't forgiven me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm in Recovery Phase 2 and going to Phase 3 next week.

Just keep with it.  Definately seeing a lot of muscle gains.  Not losing any weight, but body fat percentage has come down about 4%.

Took me about 5 weeks to get through Phase 2 though.  Sprained my wrist snowboarding and was sick, so it set me back a bit

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey,

What's your email address? I have the nutrition guide in .pdf if you want it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anybody have a extra nutritional guide?  I might buy a P90X in the EE, but he doesn't have the guide.

I'm in the same boat, I have the DVD's but no nutritional guide, I feel like I need to stick to the full program instead of making my own diet because I'll be shoving pizza bagels in my blender for a recovery drink.

I've already done 2 weeks of work outs, but it was obvious that my eating habits were out of wack when I could hardly even get out of bed the next day. I think I'm not replacing the protein and potassium and carbs in the right blends...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hey,

Your IM inbox is full
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got mine on Craigslist for $50.

Brand new, still sealed.  Younger kid had one already and got another as a gift.

+1 for CL
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey,

Any chance I could get a copy as well?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:11:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey,

Any chance I could get a copy as well?

Can i get a copy too?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Me too?

I'm thinking about trying this program.   I'm not overweight, but I am out of shape.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Just got mine, going to start Monday.

Is it worth it to get their after workout drink and supplements?

What's in them that makes them different and worth the cost?
Link Posted: 3/14/2010 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I was bad and skipped Yoga this week.  I'll just keep plugging along. The exercises get much more manageable in the second week.  I can already see some improvement... wife is pleased.
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Today was day one of phase 2 for me. This is my second time through the program.

I started the doubles routine this morning. I was running alot last year before P90X but I haven't run since October. So instead of Cardio X this morning I went out and ran about 2.5 miles. And I did it in my Vibram Five Fingers. I forgot how much I LOVE runnning before the sun comes up.

Running barefoot is a huge change. I can tell my lower calves/upper achilles are going to be screaming at me. I was plesantly surprised at how well the run went considering how much time I have been away from running. I think if I had been in regular shoes I could have easily knocked out 5 miles. When I got home I stretched the legs out really well and knocked out Ab Ripper. Now I just have to finish Chest, Shoulders, Triceps tonight after dinner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top