Posted: 4/22/2015 12:47:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
One less scope in your inventory!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:17:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I read it but it doesn't seem to be very right...

As much as it must have sounded like a good idea to whoever does marketing, touting that they're "affordable" at under $3k when one is literally 1 dollar less due to a 3% "sale" and the other is only a couple hundred (normally just 100 less), doesn't really make them all that more affordable.

Also throwing in Chinese made binoculars isn't all that great of an incentive either, especially for a company that one would think was pro US products (although they were probably a really nice deal since the owner of Night Optics USA also owns Bushnell).

<Removed.  Please don't pimp other companies here.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Still waiting to hear about the affordable Gen2+PVS14
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking at the site, apples/apples the Gen 3 versions of the exact same scope are $1500 more.  So, for the quality and performance level, getting one of these at $1500 less looks like a solid value to me.

Comparing to another company offering, you would need to compare overall build quality, ruggedness, and the tube/image quality.  I don't know a lot about NV other than all the military issue stuff I've used over the last 2 decades, but I have a hard time imagining that there are many comparable scopes to these for the same price.  Whether ~$3k is worth it in terms on one's budget is an individual matter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it have video out?
Does it work during the day?
Are there multiple reticles besides color changes?
Is the mount guaranteed to maintain zero?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hi 35 Remington,  

I think you know this already by your other posts on the ARFCOM.... This is a NV device we're talking here, not a thermal digital signal device which can work during the day, but don't work well without good temp differentials and do not have near the ID dedicated NV does but thermal is the best for detection. The mount on the D-Series systems as long as it's returned to the same rail slot will be within 1moa.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  I have not heard of these until your post unless I am confusing them with something else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top