Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2013 12:02:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
In case folks are not aware, there are two "March on your State Capitol" events going on in coming weeks.

The first is Jan 19th at Noon.  Organizers have been posting in HTF and Facebook and have a simple web site here:

The second is Feb 8th, but I have fewer details on it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's incredible that men protected by men with guns have the balls to purpose legislation that possibly would make patriots criminals if they decide not to comply with a law or executive order that infringes on constitutional rights this kind of thing surely puts a nation on a path to destruction
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Ed, y'all have our support.  Even if a national ban doesn't happen, we all recognize that our peers such as you could face bans in New York enacted by politicians out of touch with reality.  We stand behind you.

As an owner of this site, you wield great influence, so keep up the good fight, and let us know when we can help.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ed, y'all have our support.  Even if a national ban doesn't happen, we all recognize that our peers such as you could face bans in New York enacted by politicians out of touch with reality.  We stand behind you.

As an owner of this site, you weild great influence, so keep up the good fight, and let us know when we can help.

My thoughts as well.  Like many others, I fear we are in for a national battle for our rights.  And thank you for ARFCOM...
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I swore an oath to support and defend......

Keep up the fight!
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Great video!!  Keep up the fight!  I'm proud to be a member of the NRA and  don't want to see us all lose our 2nd Amendment rights.  ARFCOM is a the voice for all of us....
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
My folks live near Syracuse, but when I go to see them I have to leave any guns I have with me with a friend in PA. including my Remington Rand 1911A1 made in Syracuse in 1945. (If I were caught with it there's a mandatory minimum YEAR in jail!) Now imagine most or all of the country being like that.

Conn and NY have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country, yet that didn't stop recent tragedies in both states - the Sandy Hook shooting, and the terrible ambush of firemen in Webster NY which is very near my ex-girlfriend. I nearly bought a house in the area. Why do they not see that more laws are not the answer?

You're right Ed - we're in the fight of our lives here, and despite what I've heard about the limitations to what Obama can do with EOs, our 4th amendment rights and the right to counsel have already been stripped by the so-called 'Patriot Acts'. Will all AR-15 owners who don't give up their weapons someday be classified as potential domestic terrorists?
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Everyone must write their senators and representatives as well as the White House and do it now! I have written my representative and the White House and am writing my senators this weekend. I did one better with the White House and called this afternoon and stated my opposition to any gun bans of any kind.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy yet New Yorkers keep voting in Liberal, gun hating politicians year after year. Cuomo, Bloomberg, Schumer, Rangel, Nadler, Clinton, Spitzer, King, etc, etc. Hello? WTF?
NOW your complaining? Really?

Recon
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy yet New Yorkers keep voting in Liberal, gun hating politicians year after year. Cuomo, Bloomberg, Schumer, Rangel, Nadler, Clinton, Spitzer, King, etc, etc. Hello? WTF?

Recon

I believe the problem lies in the fact that NY has more members of the FSA than hard working Americans.  Watch the first 20 min. of the movie "Idiocracy", you'll get the idea.  NY and CA have the problem of too many voters in large left wing cities and the "minority" gun owners have no voice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 4:24:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I am have emailed and communicated my case to Congress Women Louis Slaughter, (D- 28th District in NY). She basically told me thanks for letting her know how I feel, she was going to do the exact opposite of what I told her, and I was not going to change her mind. My Senators, never even responded.

As previously mentioned, this state is overrun with liberals who enjoy the free ride on my and the rest of the relatively few that work for a living in this state. My voice has no impact! If it was not for my wife, I would have moved out of NY many years ago, I am not a NY'er by birth, only by marriage. It blows my mind that despite all the corruption that most NY'rs complain about that nobody gets it.

The million dollar question, if NY gets hostile and I have to either surrender my firearms, or move where in the country is it safe with the federal ban in the books.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Recon

Relax pal. Some of us voted the right way...unfortunately we are the minority.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Recon

Relax pal. Some of us voted the right way...unfortunately we are the minority.

Ditto in MA..................  Outnumbered.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
hear is a fun run
http://juneauempire.com/state/2013-01-11/begich-not-sold-presidents-rumored-gun-control-proposals
Now these liberals in juneau Alaska just dont get it,
Then----
https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/
If you want to make your beliefs recognised(Constitutional)check out this concept
February -8th - 2013    10:00AM--12:00PM--Capitol steps
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am working on this a little and the amazing thing is hardly anyone is excited,more so bored out of their witts,as in not this again.
Oh and i finally got on the webb site and was able to get my wife and i an NRA membership.
I guess the site was overloaded the other day when i tried.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Everyone must write their senators and representatives as well as the White House and do it now! I have written my representative and the White House and am writing my senators this weekend. I did one better with the White House and called this afternoon and stated my opposition to any gun bans of any kind.

Done!
Dear GI_Brat,

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your Second Amendment rights. Your thoughts on this important matter are both welcomed and appreciated.  

As a proud Texan and strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I stand with you in support of the right to keep and bear arms and will oppose any new gun control legislation. The National Rifle Association has continuously given me an A rating, due to my track record of steadfast support for our Second Amendment rights.

As you may know, responsible gun owners have often been unfairly punished for the wrong-doing of individuals who choose to abuse the right to bear arms, through the killing of innocent people. Stricter gun laws will not stop these types of tragedies from occurring, but will only infringe upon the rights of law-abiding citizens. Legislation must stop targeting hunters and responsible gun-owners. We must instead focus on the real problems –– the destruction of the family and an overtly violent media. As a Member of Congress, I will fight to protect the Second Amendment in the face of special interest groups seeking to take away our rights as citizens.    

Thank you again for contacting my office. It is a privilege to serve you in the United States House of Representatives. Should you have any further comments or questions on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff in my Washington D.C. or my District offices. For more information, or to stay informed on important issues, I encourage you to sign up for my electronic newsletter at  http://weber.house.gov/ .

I work for you.

Sincerely,

Randy K. Weber
Member of Congress

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#16]
My letter to my senator:

Dear Senator Kirk,

It seems that this administration is in process of dividing the people of this country in an effort to consolidate power for their own benefits. I know this seem to many to be paranoid, but in looking at recent steps this administration has taken and the entire messaging they have taken it truly frightens me.

They have taken social tragedies and economic hardship and created opportunitie for themselves an avenue into total control of this country. The collapse of the American economy give them the opportunity to create divisive chasm amongst the American people and classify the the American people into 2 classes, the have and have not, the rich and the poor. This allows them to create a mass that will follow them blindly (by promising to give to the masses). This allow them to "TAKE' away from the 'Rich' and 'GIVE' to the poor.
The recent tragic event of the school shooting allow them to test their next consolidation of power and that is to over step the constitution of the United States. Because of this tragedy, Obama is testing the use of 'EXECUTIVE ORDER' to by pass the courts, the Senate, the Congress, ultimately the people of the United States and create it's own control over the America. No president have ever in the history of the United States have ever done this before or even threaten to bypass the Constitution  !!!!
This is right out of the dictator 101 hand book.
1. Use economic disruption and create a common enemy for the masses
2. Use tragic events to bypass normal political and legal due process to further test the control of the masses and see where the resistance is and further consolidate power.

Two things are needed to any total political take over money (to buy the masses) and the ability to take away resistance from opposition (take away their money and ability to fight).  It seems that this administration is testing those waters.

I urge you to fight for the constitution of the United States and rights of the people that have elected you and given the trust to shield them from this type of tyrannical government.

Sincerely Yours,

Philip Teng
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey folks: my first post. So a short summary of self. 14year Viet Nam era vet. up to DS-I. Prepped my Houston Chm Bn reserve unit equipment ready for deployment then resigned as a CW-III. Yep sucks, My company was NOT supportive of all my time off like they are today. Anyways. Been a Maintenance and Engineer hand those years and love shooting as a pastime hobby, frankly work to stinking much to have much of a life. So I read a lot. My post will focus on ideology not technical issues with arms.

So here is my observation of the conservative(s).

• Way to many assume that our politicians are a) stupid, b) ignorant and NOTHING could be further from the truth. The PROGRESSIVES in both parties are very shrewd and are not the least bit swayed by name calling as they fulfill their appointed roles.

• Conservative especially RHINOS cave in , compromise and refuse to show any passion for our values. They do not defend our conservative points w/o being effeminate and apologetic.

• Although many on these boards may be constitutionalists, conservative(s) [social,fiscal,etc] there are way too many that are naive in believing that our government actually listens to the constituents. They could care less.

• Think tanks like CATO, RAND, FORD are funded by Progressive sources and that is why they skirt around the issues and never defend our values with any passion.

Way too many patriots, conservatives are unschooled in the values and tactics of the Progressives. Read Carrol Quigley's book Tragedy and Hope. This Georgetown Professor and mentor of Bill Clinton wrote a 1300+ page tome of the history of mankind and its social ills. For you Glenn Beck fans pay attention. GB maligns anyone that calls the CFR an evil cabal; of which they are. Carol Q. was the recording secretary for the CFR when he wrote this book. Around page 800 or so he lists all the alphabet groups like CFR, Fabian Society British/American Business Round Table Trilateral, Bildeberger, etc.  The solution to mankind's ills according to the professor's take and teh CFR mission, is a global governance system aka U.N. Which can oly happen once we are dis-armed.

Granted useful idiots like our very own Shela Jackson Lee along with the Progressive Caucus Group are all part of destroying America from within. For those not aware all ten planks of the Communist Manifesto are in place and have been for the last 25 to 40 years. Thank you gutless preachers for helping!

My point is to hopefully make some aware that a 20k foot altitude view is needed. For those 11B's out there you know tactics and strategy. So you get the 'big picture' analogy. The game is to wear us down make us feel hopeless. False flags galore. Gorbachev during his last Perestroika said Communists are patient and wiling to take 2 steps backwards for one step forward. The end game is total confiscation. Do we all know that or will we go to sleep as soon as the NRA brokers a deal?????  

No, I do not support the NRA. Here is why, they have a track record of supporting both parties that continue to destroy the Constitution regardless of what silly pledge they sign, once in office. That needs to stop. The NRA needs to support those that show a record of supporting our Constitution. Extreme?, yes to the media and all other Progressives like Colin Powell that is extreme. But then so was breaking away from the Monarchy a few centuries ago.

The misrepresentation of different arms at the lower level is ignorance. Then supported at the upper level by those in the know. Doktor Henry von Kissinger during the LA Riots said one day WE would welcome the U.N. to quell unrest. Now for those that do not understand how all this is so successful, thank you for indulging me a bit more.  Do your due diligence in MK Ultra. Yes, it is hard to separate the fact from fiction. Technology is so advanced that another mass shooting will happen in the near future. These people have no more remorse of killing kids then the Stasi, KGB, Mao's brigade etc. Between a drugged out society for all psychotic ills to electronic mental manipulation it will only get worse to amp up the pressure for total disarmament.

No one can convince you of what I say is true. I've been reading and studying this for over 25 years and also gotten comfortable and gone back to sleep myself. now as I near retirement the reality of what is about to happen weighs heavy in my spirit deep within.

So it is with this passion I plead with this audience NOT to make the mistake that these are mere buffoons. The reason the Chinese art of "Drunken Monkey" is successful is because of its deception and as the enemy lowers it defense the attack begins in earnest. Folks the attack is on and the POTUS is on track to destroy this nation on many front per Alinsky principles. Social, moral and financial front are all under assault. They are more driven and passionate for their progressive ideals plus they are funded by Soros and his ilk while WE are busy working for a living.

All is not lost. But our fight whether it's one on one with a co-worker or other venues we must continue to educate and support and those leaders that think they can continue to still use us as fools for our money then push the Progressive agendas must be fired. But they have an 85% incumbent record. That means WE are the reason for our demise ???? Let's not make it so..........

Thanks for reading my first post.......you folks are a wealth of knowledge in an area I sorely need!

Take care have a great work week......

C-man.....

Folks

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#18]
As many others, I am gravely concerned about our future as a Constitutional Republic, and am worried about the course we are currently on. I have never seen it like this in my lifetime, and public talk of armed insurrection is a new thing to me. I do not know what to do, or when to act if at all, but I do know that this nation and the brief respite of freedom and liberty that it used to represent, is an anomaly in human history and it is worth the struggle to keep it. It grieves me to think we are here, but we are.

So now what?
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#19]
My Email Message, today, to The Honorable Lamar Alexander, U.S. Senator:

Dear Senator Alexander:

I dare state that America is fast approaching "The Perfect Storm." And, not unlike the passengers on the ill-fated RMS Titanic, who basked in the assurance that they were on the safest, most advanced superliner, of the high seas, most Americans today seem unaware of the potentially catastrophic reality.

Over the years, we have become addicted to big government, accepting whatever the mainstream news media chooses to spoon-feed us and grown dangerously jaded re our Society's cultural, economical and moral decay --- an unhatched Bald Eagle, Golden Eagle and Sea Turtle, all, have more legal protection than a full-term human fetus! Whatever happened to the sanctity of human life?

Yet, we seem shocked at the monsters our Society has spawned. And, because the underlying causes are so widely entrenched, and would take years to correct, many would demand an immediate solution --- no matter that it seriously undermines our cherished Second Amendment Rights and promises to punish those who are not  responsible for the problem, while aggravating the underlying causes.

Some days ago, Human Events Blog reported, "'ASSAULT RIFLE' SAVES TEENAGERS FROM HOME INVASION BURGLARS." A good guy with an AR-15 successfully defended himself and his sister against home invaders --- none of the mainstream news media chose to air the story. And, Texasfred.net (archive/6781) published an Email, "OBAMA - THE TRANSFORMATION OF AMERICA." A few of the many points listed, therein:
"When he sat in a Chicago Church for twenty years and listened to a preacher spew hatred for Americans and preach black liberation theology, people said it didn't matter.";
"When his voting record supported gun control, people said it didn't  matter.";
"When he stood before the nation and told us that his intentions were to "fundamentally transform this nation" into something else, people said it didn't matter.";
"When he started spending us into debt that was so big we could not pay it off, people said it didn't matter."

We are at a critical crossroad in our nation's history. I call upon the wisdom of the U.S. Senator from Tennessee and his distinguished colleagues to choose the right course. America's future is at stake.

Respectfully,

Link Posted: 1/14/2013 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#20]
ED,

Sir, you do not have a NRA life icon???
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#22]
First of all thank you Ed for daring to tread.....When I saw Gov. Cuomo flaring his nostrils like a guerrilla on steroids over his well rehearsed tirade, I was not shocked. Just more convinced that the days of civility are numbered in this country. I will not waste your time describing the criminal culture in this state, most of you see it everyday  your selves, but eventually people are going to see these people for what they are...fascists. People like EL Duce here in New York and other places are wolves in wool clothing, they seek to chase out the sheep dogs so they only have sheep to look after. His Ideas of harassing the "Mentally ill" and their Doctors fits right into Obama Care. Simply put doctors will be asked to vouch for their patients mental fitness and no M.D. is going to risk their licence for nobody. When the Governor croaked at the top of his lungs, "nobody needs ten bullets to hunt deer" the republicans should have walked out of the chamber! These idiots actually believe that we think the 2nd amendment is a set of hunting guidelines. Also all this talk about mass shootings, mass violence..etc... It's called mass murder. When these people are charged they are not charged with violence in the first degree, they are charged with murder. You know like adultery, Like when the governor goes to bed with his girlfriend. But the law is not whats important here to these people, buying votes and running the conservative votes out of the state is. While grandstanding for president on top of the rights of God fearing peoples. In closing I would ask that any manufactures of firearms, ammunition, etc, please look through your orders and try to push along those for New York State, "Update" I just received a phone call from Jim O'Shaughnessy the CEO and Owner of BlackGun Industries Inc. I had made a order for some ammo about a hour ago, and left a e-mail with my concerns about New York customers and that they might be receiving their last orders for some time to come.He agreed, and said he was enroute to his manufacturer and at the meeting he would bring this up and try to find a way to cover New York's need while still fulfilling the rest of the countries historic needs as well  , Godspeed Jim.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Very interesting. I think region has a lot to do with the gun control debate. I don't think these efforts are even being discussed in most of the south and west of the U.S. -- including California.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#24]
This morning CNN covered a 'march' on Walmart protesting 'Assault weapon' sales, and they said the marchers had collected 300,000 signatures. There were no more than 20 people marching. later they changed it to 300 signatures. Pier Morgan is another one - a Brit sticking his nose into OUR business. Cuomo waived the 3-day waiting period to push his new gun control bill through to a vote. I quit the NRA after their sorry performance on the last AWB bill, but am considering joining again. I am constantly amazed at all the misinformation getting disseminated on a nearly constant basis by CNN and their ilk. Frankly, it sickens me. Look at what's going on in Syria right now - do they honestly think something like that can't happen here? We already have 'secret police' when you really think about it, although they are called something else. We are definitely not out of the woods yet, and my thoughts are with Ed Sr. and all the other NY residents here today. Hang tough.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Morg308,

To help you with your decision, I heartily recommend, "WHY I AM A NEWLY-MINTED MEMBER OF NRA" (www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/01/15/why-am-newly-minted-member-nra/). You won't find these truths on CNN.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#26]
The Governor of New York is a  tyrant in the making. He keeps framing the gun control debate as though the 2nd amendment was about hunting. It isn't, its about the people defending themselves, against criminals and the government if it becomes tyrannical and forces the rules of a few down the throats of the many. Which is exactly what he is doing with his secret meetings and late night votes. He keeps asking why a hunter needs a 10 round or higher magazine when It is already illegal to hunt with anything larger than a 5 round magazine in New York State which as a lawyer he would know. His comments are meant to be inflammatory to the uneducated public and those who think with their emotions and not their brains. He keeps talking about the slaughter of innocent children and blaming responsible gun owners while not keeping murderers and insane people in institutions but continually releasing them back to the streets. Whether we have a 10, 20, 30, or 100, round magazines should not be about proving need but about being a free people who can decide how many bullets they want in their magazine. Tyranny is when someone arbitrarily tells you what you can do. Freedom is being allowed to make up your own mind. The Governor hopes to become president because he believes he should rule this nation and drive this country in the direction he wants it to go. It makes me sick when I think about where people like him want this nation to go. We need to vote him and people like him out of office at any and every opportunity. Even with all these laws he is inflicting on decent New Yorkers it will not stop a person from getting a hold of whatever weapon they want from some Mexican drug gang that crosses our borders with impunity and the blessing of our President and his Attorney General. These laws will just stop New Yorkers from defending themselves effectively and enjoying their freedom. R.I.P. The 2nd Amendment and any other part of The Constitution that The Governor doesn't agree with.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#27]
The companies that attend SHOT need to step up and tell the LEOs .gov and "bodyguards" in NY that they will be placed on the same restrictions as non LEO!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The companies that attend SHOT need to step up and tell the LEOs .gov and "bodyguards" in NY that they will be placed on the same restrictions as non LEO!

Actually, that's a great idea. If the gun mfg's refused to sell 'non-compliant' weapons and accessories to LEO's and .gov types it would make a real point. Doubt it would ever happen though. People gotta eat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Ruger is stepping up to the plate with a way for you to be heard at your local and federal levels

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html  
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ruger is stepping up to the plate with a way for you to be heard at your local and federal levels

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

That was simple, quick, and easy. Lets hope it will be effective as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Anybody that can, please sign Senator Marchione's petition to repeal the  "NY Safe Act" that was passed under the cover of darkness with no debate or input from constituents.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-amendment-standing-new-york-state-senator-kathleen-marchione
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anybody that can, please sign Senator Marchione's petition to repeal the  "NY Safe Act" that was passed under the cover of darkness with no debate or input from constituents.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-amendment-standing-new-york-state-senator-kathleen-marchione

Not sure if an out of state signature helps, but I signed the petition to Support my brothers behind the iron curtain!
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure if an out of state signature helps, but I signed the petition to Support my brothers behind the iron curtain!

Same here - out of state, but signed anyway...

Sorry NY - this is an absolute atrocity, and I just hope that the rest of the Country doesn't follow suit...sigh...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#34]
The actions of these officials is exactly the reason our forefathers included the Second Amendment in the first place. I believe the word that they used was TYRANY.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#35]
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/guide-for-how-to-talk-to-children-about-sandy-hook-pre-dated-the-massacre/

How did anyone know 4 days prior about the shooting?
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/guide-for-how-to-talk-to-children-about-sandy-hook-pre-dated-the-massacre/
We are being set up folks....this is another false flag and yes, our own government is that corrupt. The Marxists / Progressives and Muslims now own our government......a paradigm shift so horrible to conceive the average person will respond in denial of facts....most conservatives when faced with such facts respond much in kind like liberals do and resort to name calling but that self preservation mechanism is only temporal.....the conservative being on the fence one day soon will have to make a choice.........

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

As an owner of this site, you wield great influence, so keep up the good fight, and let us know when we can help.

NOT out fo touch with reality it IS the plan of Agenda 21 and total dis-armament ....the Brits and Aussies now know they screwed up and it is too late to regain their liberties....please stop making inference to the Politiks being out of touch it gives them a way out by virtue of saying "gee I'm sorry" no they are not they are evil vile vulgar men with one goal in mind. Total sheeple compliance to the NWO .......... out of touch never ..... and yes they can lie with a straight face very well ...

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#37]
we need to come together and fight, write to elected officials and sign petitions for the 2nd amendment and all that it stands for. We are in danger of losing our rights that many soldiers have given their lives for!

this white house petition needs 1900 more to reach goal
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-allow-congress-or-executive-staff-ban-high-capacity-magazines-or-what-they-term-assault/FqlZTLvy

and ruger will even write a letter for you to all you elected officials just fill out you info
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Good luck all.  Im with you from Oregon.  I dont want to see whats happening there here.  7 round mag...give me a break.  Is it true that doofus hurried and they forgot about exempting law enforcement.  So what now?  All LE has to have 7 round mags.  I see companies involved with firearms,etc,, moving out of New York.  Remmington and others need to pack up.  Sorry you have a crappy Governor
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#39]
My Email Message, today, to The Honorable Kathleen A. Marchione, New York State Senator:

Dear Senator Marchione:

I empathize with the millions of law-abiding, responsible gun owners of your State, who believe that their gun rights have been raped by the passage of this week's NY SAFE Act, so-called. Rammed through by the Governor and his 43 "henchmen," it's a slap in the face to New Yorkers who place their trust in elected officials.

A satirist seeking to illustrate the premeditated horror of last Tuesday's  late-hour event might well consider using yesterday's graphic images of a man beating, then, dragging and throwing a woman onto subway tracks, in Philadelphia: the title of the satiric illustration, "Why New York needs the SAFE Act"; the assailant, the Governor and his "henchmen"; the unwitting victim, New York's responsible gun owners.

I applaud the Senator for her "Petition To Repeal And Replace Restrictive New Gun Control Measures That Weaken The Second Amendment Constitutional Rights of Law-Abiding New Yorkers." To update: 91,622 Submissions, as of January 19, 2013, 9:56 AM! Not unlike the "Tank Man" in Tiananmen Square, the Senator has earned the lasting respect of the world.

Respectfully,
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#40]
They don't blame cars for drunk driving related deaths so why blame the gun for violent acts involving guns?  I feel intruded by the gov't, as if my rights dont exist what so ever.  Im ashamed to be a New Yorker.  Our system is shot.  This socialism bullshit isnt going to fly with Americans.  They arent pussy's like a lot of the rest of the world.  We wont be constricted and limited and violated of our god and founding fathers given rights.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Today's letter to my Senator and my Congressman:

Senator Dianne Feinstein's bill, S. 150, is the latest proposal to ban a type of firearm commonly used in hunting, target shooting and self-defense, by law-abiding Citizens --- and an insidious attempt to undermine the Second Amendment of our Constitution --- while masking a major underlying cause of mass-murder tragedies, across America.

Let's look at the facts (FBI - Expanded Homicide Data Table 8). Of the 12,664 reported cases of homicide in 2011, a total of 8,583 were committed using firearms: 6,220 using handguns; 1,694 using knives or cutting instruments; 728 using hand, fists, feet, etc.; 496 using clubs, hammers, etc.; 356 using shotguns; 323 (3.76 %) using rifles, of all types. Bottom line: it's been widely reported that "assault weapons" are used in only 1 - 2 % of crimes!

Enter: the ugly skeleton in the closet, that America is loathe to deal with --- mental illness. "Several different studies and calculation methods suggest that 1,000 homicides or more a year are committed by people with untreated severe mental illness. A 2011 study suggests that state homicide rates are correlated to the state's civil commitment laws; i.e., states that make it easier to treat people with mental illness have lower homicide rates." --- mentalillnesspolicy.org/consequences/1000-homicides.html. "Mentaly ill persons are disproportionately involved in violent crimes, including murder. As of 2002, about 26,000 immates in state prisons across the United States, who were convicted of murder, were also mentally ill." --- Preventing Mass-Murder Tragedies: What Works; What Doesn't.

And, to those who pitch the Second Amendment as, "all about hunting," I would suggest they try selling that premise to the victims of the recent home invasion in Raleigh's Oakwood neighborhood, in which a man was shot and his wife sexually assaulted. --- Brothers charged in violent Raleigh home invasion.

I urge the [Senator/Congressman] oppose any bill reinstating the failed ban on "assault weapons," so-called, and support long-needed reform of our nation's mental health system.

Respectfully,  

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#42]
The key is to take action- contact your elected officials and let them know how you feel. Let them know that passing more laws does not keep criminals from committing crimes. I urge you to tune in to your home state's forums to keep up on how you can best contact your representatives. Send those emails and make those calls. Make sure you are represented in the NRA, and if you see what's going on in NY as a threat, join the NYSRPA as well as the NRA.

Spin it any way you want, but 'assault weapons, can NOT be legally banned, as they are a 'class of weapon', especially since assault rifles (AR15s in particular) are the most popular class of rifle owned in the US.

In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home and within federal enclaves. The decision did not address the question of whether the Second Amendment extends beyond federal enclaves to the states,[1] which was addressed later by McDonald v. Chicago (2010).

On June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court affirmed the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in Heller v. District of Columbia. The Court of Appeals had struck down provisions of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975 as unconstitutional, determined that handguns are "arms" for the purposes of the Second Amendment, found that the District of Columbia's regulations act was an unconstitutional banning.  On June 28, 2010, the Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states.

The court held that the Second Amendment "protects an individual right to keep and bear arms", saying that the right was "premised on the private use of arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations of a tyrannical government (or a threat from abroad)." They also noted that though the right to bear arms also helped preserve the citizen militia, "the activities [the Amendment] protects are not limited to militia service, nor is an individual's enjoyment of the right contingent upon his or her continued or intermittent enrollment in the militia."

The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition – in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute – would fail constitutional muster.

I think the NRA and all of our elected officials need to be reminded that an assault weapon ban is in violation of our Constitution, as per the US Supreme court in 2008 and 2010, and support of any such proposed bans is in violation of the oath of office taken to support and uphold the US Constitution.  This applies not only to the federal government, but to State (and municipal) governments as well.  Should any of these proposed unconstitutional laws be enacted, challenges must be made in court.  The NRA has the resources to do this - their current efforts historically has been to act as lobbyists against proposed legislation that imposes gun restrictions, then fall silent should any of these unconstitutional laws be passed (such as the AWB of '94, for example).  That position is inadequate.

JayC
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Billy (the author of the you-tube video) has been releasing more videos now, about a week.  
http://www.youtube.com/user/AmidsTheNoise/videos?view=0

Is there anyway we can get at least his first video more coverage?  

He does a fantastic job of COMMUNICATING to non-gun/on the fence owners why gun control doesn't work.  It is really deserving of more attention.  His views should be up in the 10's of millions.  Not just a single million.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's another great video of his that explains perfectly the marketing war by the gun control groups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2riOiBaZrg
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I today E-mailed the following Message to The Honorable Ted Cruz, U.S. Senator

"Dear Senator Cruz:

I applaud the Senator for his standing-up for the rights of responsible, law-abiding American gun owners, at yesterday's Senate Judiciary Hearing on Gun Violence (read: criminals' willful attack on humanity), while brilliantly exposing the sheer fallacy of any so-called assault rifle ban.

Respectfully,"
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#46]
I know there are many gun owners who don't belong to the NRA for a variety of reasons. If you are one of those people consider the fact that they are one of the most powerful lobbying groups in this country. They may not always do things the way that every member thinks they should be done but they are the single biggest voice backing us up in this fight for our rights. Personally I believe that every gun owner should be a member. Can you imagine the clout the organization would have if there were 100 million members? There would not even be a discussion regarding infringement of our rights.
Right now you can join for $20.00 for an annual membership or $300.00 for a life membership (usually $35.00 and $1000.00 respectively) that is a hell of a deal. C'mon guys spend 20 bucks (the cost of 1 20 rd. mag.) or $300 bucks and make an investment in our future.
I don't think you can get those rates on the website, you have to call this number 1-888-678-7894. I believe the offer is good until February 28th.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Live free doesn't mean live in New York. Good Luck with that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I today E-mailed the following to Erie County (New York) Sheriff, Timothy B. Howard, in response to his January 31, 2013 "Message from Sheriff Timothy B. Howard."

"Dear Sheriff Howard:

I commend the Sheriff for clearing the thick fog created by some members of the Legislature and the mainstream media, since the recent murders at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in Connecticut, and the unrelated murders of two first responders in Webster, New York. That anyone would take advantage of these heinous criminal acts on humanity, in order to further their tired, old, inherently flawed, worn-out agenda, I find disgusting. Indeed, even the father of one of the Sandy Hook victims has come forward to state, "I think there's much more promise for a solution in identifying, researching and creating solutions along the lines of mental health issues," while dismissing calls for greater gun control.

And, as of January 31, 2013, 119,853 people have signed New York Senator Kathleen Marchione's "PETITION TO REPEAL AND REPLACE RESTRICTIVE NEW GUN CONTROL MEASURES THAT WILL WEAKEN THE SECOND AMENDMENT CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF LAW-ABIDING NEW YORKERS."

Thank you for standing-up for our cherished Second Amendment.

Sincerely,"
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#49]
If a mass shooting equates to a gun ban, I'd hate to see how they intend to address the rape issue.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Write Obamalama and tell him what you bought. Not because you needed it but because you know he doesn't want you to have it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top