Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 9:04:37 PM EDT
I've been looking at trying CAS for a while but never had anywhere near me to check it out in person. Well, a club recently moved their monthly matches to a range near me, so I thought I'd go check out a match today. Had a great time, the shooters were extremely friendly and willing to explain things to me. A couple of them even offered to let me shoot a stage with their guns, gear and ammo after everyone else finished. I jumped at that chance and had a blast, even though I was, unsurprisingly, very slow and I fumbled a bit with the revolvers for some reason, even though I own a SAA clone and shoot it fairly regularly. Anyways, after this short experience, I think I'm hooked. Not looking forward to the cost of getting set up to play though...but I think it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the most pleasant addiction on the planet!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
SASS is addictive. You'll get hooked. Great excuse to get more toys.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]

I did a trial day of SASS shooting once.

The only thing that's keeping me from doing it regularly is $$.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy used guns to start because there is a good chance you will change some or all.

Look at the SASS Wire classified for ideas of prices.

Get cheap duds in the beginning.

Cobble up a gun cart.

Have fun.

Yeehaw.

Once you are a regular shooter we will work on you shooting smoky cartridges
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
When I started, Ruger Vaqueros were $350 to $375.    Rossi lever guns, used, were around $150-175.  The side by side 12 gauge Rossi hammer gun that I bought in the late 80s was $185 new.  

To balance that, I was making 1/5 of what I make now.  I don't know if I am ahead or behind.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-60:
I did a trial day of SASS shooting once.

The only thing that's keeping me from doing it regularly is $$.

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 12:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ma96782] [#8]
My irons for SASS.....

Ruger Vaqueros in .357 Mag. though they are fed a steady diet of .38 Special.

Marlin 1984 in .357 Mag. and it also only shoots .38 Special.  You know.....KISS.

Winchester 1897 in 12 ga.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve been itchin to try cas for awhile now but can’t seem to find matches close by, I’m sure there are just have to research more. Shew!
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I keep meaning to try it out. Have all the guns to do it but no cart or clothes. If I could cobble something together on the clothes without a lot of money I'd be good to go. Seriously, the biggest hang up is my feet =/= with anything resembling period boots. Yeah, I read where there are exemptions and such.

Just missed the monthly SASS shoot at NRA range last week. Less than 10 min away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top