Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2008 8:17:29 PM EDT
I want to invest in a single action army that is color case. I have been told by a few people to stay away from Colts. In addtion, I am finding that U.S. Firearms offers a single action army that is worth considering.  Can any offer any help on selection.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you investing for resale or for general use?

SASS shooting?

Let me know.

The US Firearms SAA are the best out there.  The Colt will have a higher collector and resale value then the USFA.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two USFA 45 Colt 5 1/2 inch antique finish with Elk Horn grips and action jobs, beautiful guns, Cimmaron 73 24" Octo 45 Colt done to match, Give me a shout if interested on IM, Only reason selling is getting out for new hobby, USFA are the best S/A pistols made imho, Thanks Sergeant206
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 12:30:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sea426] [#3]
I love my USFA Rodeos. I didn't put out the extra coin for CCH since I use them for SASS,  and I will prob. antique them in the end. No complaints. Mine are from Longhunter Shooting Supply, great folks! Colt for a conversation piece, USFA for a shooter. Taylor's and Co. Smokewagon if you just want the look
Link Posted: 3/12/2010 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
You say you want to "invest" in a single action pistol.

Some of the obscure USFA guns (like China Camps and such) probably offer collector appeal.  Most USFA guns appreciate in value as the MSRP increases over time.

Most 3rd generation Colt's depreciate from 20 to 30 percent after purchase.  So, I'd stay away from those if "invest"ing is what you're after.

The best investment in Single Actions is probably Second Generation Colt's pistols.  They are already expensive as all get out, but they're never gonna make more of 'em.  Bring your check book, 'cause second gens start around 2K$ and go up from there.  First gens are probably a better "investment" but you'll have to be careful about authenticity and provenance when purchasing a first gen.  I wouldn't even think about it unless the seller has a factory letter attesting to the authenticity and history of the gun.  Of course, any seller with enough sense to have a factory letter has enough sense to charge you top dollar for the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top