Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2014 9:41:22 AM EDT
hey,

did someone check frank proctors dvds?
are they worth the money?

i watched the entire magpul series and haleys adaptive handgun/carbine so proctors dvds might be a good addition...

thx
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Training changes, tactics change. Mother frickin Frank Proctor crushes life with his video. The video is dense, it's mostly instruction with little shilling. I'd recommend it. I'm a seasoned competition/military shooter and I learned a lot.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The Frank Proctor DVDs are a wonderful learning tool.  I own all the Magpul Dynamics DVDs too, and looking back on those tutorials, I feel they're comprised of at last 50% glitz.  The screaming, the speeches, the gear and the scenarios all make for an entertaining experience, but if those things were taken out, the total running time would shrink to about 30 minutes.  The Proctor DVDs, on the other hand, are focused solely on helping the student improve his/her shooting.  That's it.  What you end up with is a an experience that is very dense with information.  So dense, as a matter of fact, that you'll need to hit pause regularly and hit the range to practice that one element for a few days before continuing.  I've had my pistol DVD for a year now and I still haven't gotten all the way through.  So in terms of bang for your buck, Performance Pistol and Carbine does not stop paying dividends.  I watch all the shooting videos out there and even the Panteao stuff doesn't come close to competing with the Proctor lessons.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't really add anything more than what's already been posted, except to say that Frank Proctor is the friggin man.  His videos are more than worth the money.

If I do nothing else in 2015, I want to train with Frank.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I took Protor's pistol/carbine course earlier this year. Lots of great info, learned a lot. I then ordered his DVD afterwards just to supplement the course info. I think Frank might have screwed himself by making such a great DVD course. So much info on the DVD. You almost don't need to take his course!? I still plan to take his two day pistol only course next time he comes around just because I enjoyed shooting with him so much. He is really a gun geek just like the rest of us!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top