Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2014 9:35:02 PM EDT
MODS: If in the wrong place, please please move it not delete it!

If you cant see the images, right click them and hit open in new tab.

This was a little project me and my father took on today for the 2014 annual Northeast ohio grub n gun get together. This target can easily be made out of scraps, and should be sturdy enough to shoot in high wind, mine was. If the stick on targets are getting boring, you can get creative. draw your silhouette onto it, paint it maybe pin balloons or paint balls to it

In safe1's OP he asked to bring targets. So i sat down on my computer and made up a quick 3d model of it. Here is a bit of a how-to guide.

Things you will need:
Air Stapler - at least 3 inch long staples.
Nails - need to be between 5 1/2 inches to 7 1/2 inches.
Claw hammer
Table saw, band saw and chop saw where all used. i would not recommend using the band saw unless you are REALLY skilled with it.
2x 2x4's at least 60 inches long.
Grinder for touch up, not really needed.
sand paper and paint - important, keeps the wood from rotting.
at least 1 sheet of ply wood, what ever size ypu have on hand, we used a 23 x 50" sheet that was 1/4 of an inch thick.
Stickier targets

Step 1: measure off the 2x4's in half and cut:

Step 2: nail 2 + staple pieces together, then pound them in. The boards i used had nails in them already. They should look like this:

Step 3: Measure out 1/3 on each board, and cut roughly 2 1/8 into the board 2 times using the table saw. Should look like this:

Step 6: Remove the bump using a wood chisel:

Step 7: Ensure your ply-wood fits:

Step 8: If you need to, or just want easy sanding, touch up the wood using a grinder. Notice the safety glasses:

Step 9: Sand the wood.

Step 10: paint the wood with any water proof paint. I chose white because its easy to see in the grass. You don't want your wood rotting in wet grass after all that hard work.

Step 11: Sticky your target up. The great thing about this is you can buy another piece of plywood for cheap or just reuse old ones. The target will take many, many shots and you can just re stick it. This way you don't need to make a new base every time.

Now, Enjoy your target! (..... or not)

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
OSB and 2x4's
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the thread, but you suck at posting pictures
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the thread, but you suck at posting pictures
View Quote

At least its not the white box-o-death!
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#4]
the pics are all post image uploads and 4xxx by 3xxx, if some one could help me .... :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top