Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2012 12:38:52 AM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
One thing I have been using lately are 2" forged steel blind flanges.  They are about 6" in diameter and 1" thick.  Cost should be around $10.00  Go to a local pipe, valve, and fitting supplier that will sell to cash customers.  I work for one, macombgroup.com, so I get mine at my shop.  They work great, and they are cheap!
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
depending on caliber

3/16 to 1/2' sheet metal works.

used to have custom self pivoting bunny head target out of 1/4' steel plate.

worked great

untill the sks blew through it  
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Try railroad cross tie plates. There is probably a railroad salvage in your neck of the woods. Only shoot the smooth side. They will stand up to 556.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
AR500 in 3/8" thickness for any handgun, except .50, as close as 12-15yrds and .30 cal and under rifle at 75-100yrds.

AR stands for Abrasion Resistance, by the way. The brinell hadness usually needs to be about the same, 500. Very high brinell hardness gets brittle(800+)

Do not use AP rounds, of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top