Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2012 7:24:55 AM EDT
I dont know anything about shot timers but would like to learn, what to look for? Where to buy? Brands?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#1]
This one has served me well for a number of years.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have an Android phone, there's a free shot timer app that I've been using. It's not the greatest solution, but still functional and of course, completely free. Search the market/play store for "IPSC Shot Timer" and it should come right up. A quick search on iTunes pulled up "Free Shot Timer" in case you're an iPhone user, though I have no experience with it so I can't say how well it works.
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is my criteria for a timer for practice and competition.

Must be comfortable to hold in your hand for 4+ hours without inadvertently punching the wrong buttons.
Must have replaceable/spare  batteries.
Must have auto shut off to save batts.
Must have large visible numbers.
Must have adjustable sensitivity (don't want to have to close dance with .22 shooters)
Should have a display that does not go black when wearing polarized sunglasses.
Should have a display that does not go black when the temp get above 100 degrees (some do).
Must be able to set par times.
Must have a pocket clip that works and is sturdy.

One model that fits the above is the Pocket Pro 2. I use it all the time. The only time I don't use it is when I have to change the par time a lot (TX CHL Qual).  I use my old PACT MK IV for that.

The PACT Club timer is pretty good.  I have never used the par timing on it.

Gringop
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you have an Android phone, there's a free shot timer app that I've been using. It's not the greatest solution, but still functional and of course, completely free. Search the market/play store for "IPSC Shot Timer" and it should come right up. A quick search on iTunes pulled up "Free Shot Timer" in case you're an iPhone user, though I have no experience with it so I can't say how well it works.

I have messed with that and can't get it to work for shit.

It's either too sensitive and hears everything under the sun, or doens't pick up the shots.

And yes, I've "calibrated" it, as well as attempted to slide the db, echo, etc.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Which did you go with? I am looking for one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/966974/pact-club-shot-timer

View Quote

Same here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top