Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2011 1:38:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TangoFoxtrot]
I found this video on YouTube a few days ago.

It's an hour long "Lecture by Jeff Cooper given to the 15th Annual Meeting of the Doctors for Disaster Preparedness held in San Diego, California."  It's worth watching and so valuable I'm posting it here in the Training Forum.

Updated Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGYttXa0d1k
Firearms and Personal Defense | Jeff Cooper

Link Posted: 7/5/2011 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for later.

thanks for posting
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Hunterdoggie:
Tag for later.

thanks for posting

Link Posted: 7/7/2011 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

God Bless Colonel Jeff Cooper.

Link Posted: 7/9/2011 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Remman:
Originally Posted By Hunterdoggie:
Tag for later.

thanks for posting

Link Posted: 7/9/2011 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Derek45:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

God Bless Colonel Jeff Cooper.

Awesome quote.
Link Posted: 10/15/2011 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Ought to be mandatory viewing at ARFCOM.

Thanks for posting TangoFoxtrot!
Link Posted: 10/15/2011 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, so glad I listened to this while cleaning my handgun.  A national treasue and visionary.  He is missed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#10]
That is a great lecture. Some very good points were made with the Q&A too. It is hard to believe that was said 14 years ago. A lot of that video still applies today. Indeed, a troubling trend is occurring, one with which we should all be aware of. I very quickly understood what he was getting at.

A most excellent find....

Jeremy
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#11]
This needs a bump.

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 2:19:18 AM EDT
[#12]
"abolish the BATF" during Q&A with explanation
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:03:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Another old video of Jeff Cooper was recently posted on YouTube.

This one is a news story from the late 1970's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6gYgqf8eI

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I know that this is an older thread, but watching these couple of videos, really hit a spot with me in that truth from the 70's is still very much truth today.  I've shared the first video with many people in the last few years, but the second video, I watched for the first time today.  I also put it in my favorites folder.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
The original link is no longer working, but the video is still available on another YouTube channel here:

Jeff Cooper Lecture 1997
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top