Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2011 9:03:02 PM EDT
I purchased the Laserlyte TLB-1 electronic target and LT-9 9mm laser bullet training system to enhance my trigger pull.

The system is awesome except that after a week or so of practice (maybe a few hundred trigger pulls) the LT-9 laser emitter quit working correctly. It seems my Sig P226 put an indentation in the switch at the rear of the laser emitter causing the firing pin to make less than complete contact with the switch.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there anything particularly unusual about a Sig firing pin?

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They do the same thing with HK USP Tacticals.

It doesn't have anything to do with the pistol rather it is not a very good design.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything else out there?  I think it is a great idea, just need something better quality.
Link Posted: 5/7/2013 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I am forced to use Laserlyte target system also due to high Ammo prices, but instead of going with LaserLyte laser trainer (the one you insert into barrel from loading ramp (first picture) ) I went with the unit that goes in from the front and I use Tipton snap cap to avoid damaging the firing pin.  It works very well and Tipton snap caps are cheap enough to replace than replacing LaserLyte laser trainer unit which is like $80 plus.

Link Posted: 5/7/2013 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking at getting one, if for nothing else for some fun.  Another company called 'Laser Ammo' make a product called 'Sure Strike'.  http://www.laser-ammo.com/Cartriges/

It looks like you can replace parts with it and also modify it to different calibers.  Has anyone tried this one or know anything about it?

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am forced to use Laserlyte target system also due to high Ammo prices, but instead of going with LaserLyte laser trainer (the one you insert into barrel from loading ramp (first picture) ) I went with the unit that goes in from the front and I use Tipton snap cap to avoid damaging the firing pin.  It works very well and Tipton snap caps are cheap enough to replace than replacing LaserLyte laser trainer unit which is like $80 plus.

View Quote

Has this system held up for you?  I see the laser you went with gets pretty poor reviews on amazon overall.  Just wondering if it held up over time for you.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top