Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2016 10:27:07 AM EDT
October 29-30, 2016

South River Gun Club
5205 Hwy 212
Covington, GA 30016

Both days will start at 0800hrs EST and run until approximately 1700hrs EST, with a 1 hour break for lunch.

This course is designed for the shooter that is a novice to the AR platform; no previous skill or experience is necessary. It is also an excellent refresher for those that haven't delved into the AR platform in a while.

I have set this course up as a 1- or 2-day course. You can take 1 or both days. The cost will be $250 for the 1-day, or $450 for both days. I accept cash, checks, money orders and PayPal (students cover the PayPal fees).

The course is set up so that Day 2 immediately builds upon what was taught on Day 1.

Day 1 (Oct 29) topics:
-Nomenclature and functioning, to include aftermarket accessories, "upgrades", magazines, ammo, etc.
-Cleaning, care and maintenance
-Range safety and safe handling
-Fundamentals of marksmanship
-Loading & unloading
-Zeroing with both iron sights (fixed or backups) and optics
-Shooting from various ready positions
-Basic use of cover
-Basic reload
-Clearing a "simple" malfunction

Day 2 (Oct 30) topics:
-Combat Mindset
-Transitions to secondary weapon (handgun)
-Shooting while moving
-Pivots and offline movement
-Multiple target engagement
-Intermediate use of cover techniques
-Clearing more "complicated" malfunctions
-Introduction to the Tactical Carbine Course

Gear list Day 1:
AR rifle or carbine, any centerfire caliber
200 rounds of ammunition
Minimum 6 magazines
Pouch or other method to carry at least 1 magazine on your person for an immediate reload
Sling
Eye and ear protection
Ball cap or other hat with at least a front brim on it

Day 2 gear list:
Same as above, with the addition of:
Handgun (revolver or semi-automatic) with holster
Minimum of 1 handgun reload on person
50 rounds of handgun ammunition
500rds of additional AR ammo
5 dummy rounds or snap caps in your AR caliber

* A word on ammunition counts. I always ask students to bring more ammo than I think you will need. Better to have too much and take some home than to run out partway through the day!

Dress appropriately for the weather, whatever it will be. Comfortable attire and shoes/boots are a must. Bring plenty of water. You can pack or lunch or leave the facility to purchase food.

I require students to pre-pay to guarantee their slot in the course. Your slot is not guaranteed until your course fees have been received. Please respond as soon as you know you want to attend; I will place you on the roster and reply with payment info.

You can go to Precision Applications, LLC and read my resume.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any comments, questions or concerns.

Semper Fi!

Shep
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
10% discount for any couples or family members that take this course together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top