Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 9:12:16 AM EDT
I'm actual a student signed up to take the course. Just helping spread the word about the course to make sure it doesn't get cancelled due to low student enrollment. If you have any questions, please contact RB1 directly.

• Course: 5-Day Combat Carbine Operator
• Dates: June 20-24
• Cost: $950.00
• Facility: Academi Training Center
• Pre-requisite: NIL
• Limited Seats so book yours now!
• Extras: On site lodging, weapons rental, equipment rental, and meals are all available at student request.

Bookings will be through the Redback One webpage: http://www.redbackone.com/schedule_full.cfm

Enrollment Link is up and running now!

COURSE DESCRIPTION

Introduction:
The objective of this course is to increase the existing individual skills of each student in combat marksmanship. Students will be introduced to new concepts and skills designed to increase speed, efficiency and accuracy while maintaining a focus on the combat application of each drill. Students will conduct collective progressive training under instructor supervision in order to gain proficiency prior to the testing phase. The testing phase will consist of students performing individual skills in gun handling and marksmanship while under induced stress from the Pro Timer.

Methodology:
During this course, students will be introduced to the Redback One Shooting System (RSS). RSS is a complete training system that provides the end user with a consistent approach to the tactical employment of the M4 Carbine and issued pistol to include; carriage, control, handling and operation. By adopting the principles of RSS, the end user will be able to safely and confidently employ both weapons systems to a high degree of speed, efficiency and accuracy while operating in a tactical environment. All RSS techniques are simple to learn and able to be replicated under stress. This is an important part of the methodology as many first responders and military personnel do not have the opportunity to conduct routine training in advanced weapons manipulation. With the Redback Training System (RTS) as the delivery vehicle combined with the instructional capability of the RB1 cadre, end users are able to receive and assimilate the information quickly.

Demonstration Performance Method:
RB1 cadre will introduce each skill by explaining the purpose of the skill, why it is important to learn and how it can be applied in a combat situation. Students will then receive a demonstration detailing the standard to be achieved. Students will conduct collective and individual practice in each skill allowing them to achieve a proficient standard prior to being tested.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES:

Day-1
Module 1: General Knowledge
1.Nomenclature & Description
2.Weapon Safety
3.Disassembley & Maintenance

Module 2: Fundamentals
1.Cycle of Operation
2.Internal & External Ballistics
3.Zeroing & Optics
4.Marksmanship Principles
5.Gear Placement & Weapon Set Up

Module 3: Zeroing
1.Mechanical Zero
2.Natural Point of Aim
3.200 meter Zeroing Practical

Module 4: Marksmanship & Positional Shooting
1.200 meter Marksmanship (prone)
2.100 meter Marksmanship (prone)
3.50 meter Marksmanship (Standing to kneeling)

Day-2
Module 5: Engage Targets at CQB Distances
1.The Draw stroke & Presentation
2.Trigger control & Sight Management
3.Ready Positions
4.Recoil Management
5.Barrel Sight Offset
6.Shooting in reduced/no light

Day-3
Module 6: Weapons Handling
1.Transition Drill
2.Check Drill
3.Combat Reload
4.Recoil Management
5.Multiple Targets
6.Shooting on the Move

Day-4
Module 7: Force Protection
2.Use of Cover
3.Power Turns
4.Combat Skills Shoot

Day-5: Evaluation
1.Standards testing
2.Combat skills shoot

Personal Equipment
1.Range attire
2.Sturdy Footwear
3.Duty Belt (complete with pistol holster and pistol/carbine magazine carriers)
4.Minimum 4 magazines per weapon system
5.Eye Protection
6.Ear Protection (Electronic preferred)
7.Handgun with weapon-mounted flashlight
8.AR15 carbine
9.Carbine optic
10.Weapon mounted flashlight
11.Headlamp (optional)
12.Carbine Sling
13.Notebook/Pen
14.Water source

Ammunition:
Carbine 1500 rounds
Handgun 750 rounds

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like we'll be shooting robots!! yessss!

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Pretty awesome, wish I had the money for one of these this year. Itll have to wait, I plan on doing a couple 2-3 day courses this year and saving for a weeklong course the next year.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I did the same thing. I took a 3-5 weekend courses last year and decided to do a week long mancation course this year since we have a baby due end of the year.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:30:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did the same thing. I took a 3-5 weekend courses last year and decided to do a week long mancation course this year since we have a baby due end of the year.
View Quote

You will learn very quickly how kids/doctors appointments/formula/clothes/bottles/every fucking thing else now is considered what used to be your training budget.

I used to go through 12k rounds of ammo per year. Since 2012, I bet I haven't shot 3k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top