Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 11:47:27 AM EDT

School
: Appalachian Tactical Academy

When: 21 May 2016 (ATA Pistol I) & 22 May 2016 (ATA Pistol II)

Where: London, KY

Duration: 8-10 hours per class

Cost: $150 for each class ($300 for the whole weekend)

Instructor: Josh Bales - Marine Infantry combat veteran. Instructor Bio located here.

ATA Pistol I + KY CCDW (May 21, 2016)

This is a one day course on combative/defensive use of the handgun. We cover safety, fundamentals of marksmanship, and legal in the classroom. We spend about five hours on the range working through the drawstroke, malfunction clearances, reloads, shooting on the move, the Tueller Drill and other material. Completing this class counts as the education requirement needed to get a KY CCDW permit, so you don't need to take the normal DOCJT class if you take this one.

Equipment Requirements:

• Duty-style/Fighting Handgun (Rentals Available)

• 400 Rounds

• Enough mags to carry 40-50 rounds on your person

• For a full list of equipment, follow the class link above

ATA Pistol II (May 22, 2016)

In this class we pick up where Pistol I leaves off. You will learn off-hand only shooting/manipulations, retention shooting techniques, how to effectively use cover, how to shoot from disadvantageous positions, and more. We will also work through a number of skill-building drills to further develop your speed and accuracy with a pistol. The class concludes with a discussion of self-defense and concealed carry tactics for realistic self-defense scenarios.

Equipment Requirements:

• Duty-style/Fighting Handgun (Rentals Available)

• 500 Rounds

• Enough mags to carry 40-50 rounds on your person

• Full a full list of equipment, follow the class link above

CLICK HERE to see sign up for a class and view the 2016 training schedule. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact me. Email and phone are preferred; Arfcom IM is a tertiary comm method.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top