Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 4:53:24 PM EDT
The Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Fall 2015 Fall Rendezvous will be held on November 13-15 at Legion OTG in Blakely, GA.

I will be conducting a Combat Carbine Teamwork Course on Friday, November 13, with the Long Range Shoot being held on Saturday and Sunday, November 14-15. More on the Combat Carbine Teamwork Course towards the bottom of this post.

We will have a wide selection of steel targets, out to approximately 2500yds. We will give you the dimensions and distance to each target, if you wish. Targets will be painted and maintained periodically throughout the day to keep them identifiable to the shooters. The minimum distance target is usually between 200-300 yards. We usually have in excess of 20 targets at various distances.

We will also maintain some Unknown Distance targets of known size, for folks that want to practice their ranging techniques.

There will be access to an additional range for folks that need to zero, or re-zero, their rifles at 100 yards. You can bring as many rifles as you like. Class III weapons and suppressors are welcome.

You are free to shoot at any targets you wish throughout both days. This is an excellent opportunity to get that good, long range dope on your equipment. With the shortage of civilian-accessible long distance ranges, this can be difficult to do. There is enough room on the firing line that you will be able to shoot non-stop, all day, if you wish.

This is a structured shoot, but not exactly a formal class. Myself and several other Instructors will be on hand to give you as much (or as little!) help as you need.

Suggested gear list:
Rifle with ammo (no steel core, AP, incindiery or tracer rounds)
Shooting mat
Tent or shelter to shoot under
Spotting scope
Chair(s)
Cleaning equipment and tools
Cooler with snacks, water and non-alcoholic beverages

You will be able to drive right up to the firing line, so no need to lug your gear very far.

I will have all my tools and cleaning equipment on the range. If anyone needs any Armorer's assistance I will be available most times during both days, free of charge. Also, myself and several others will be available to assist in spotting and calling wind.

Cabins that sleep up to 2 folks are available on the premises for $80 per night, payable to me when you pay your entry fees. There is a shortage of lodgings nearby offsite. The nearest large town with a good selection of lodgings is Dothan, AL, about 36 miles away. There are a few small motels just outside the range in nearby Blakely GA.

The cost for the Rendezvous is $175 for one day, $300 for both. Military/LE/Public safety folks are $150 for one day, $250 for both. I accept checks, money orders, cash and PayPal (PayPal users add 3.5% to the total cost).

There will be a mandatory safety meeting for all attendees in front of the pro shop at 0800hrs EST Saturday and Sunday.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected], or (678) 523-7522. I hope to see y'all this spring.

COMBAT CARBINE TEAMWORK COURSE:

Starts at 0800hrs and runs until approximately 1700hrs.

Course fees are $200 per student, to be paid in advance. Your spot isn't reserved until payment is received.

Other than the warmups in the morning, all drills will be shot as a team. We will start off with 2-man teams, then progress to 4-man teams, at a minimum. Warmups will include some quick diagnoses of any problems you may have with your fundamentals.

Topics covered will include, but may not be limited to:
Shooting while moving
Team communications
Covered movement
Fire & maneuver
Cover drills when dealing with reloads, malfunctions or weapon transitions
Proper uses of cover/concealment with multiple operators
Break contact
"Man down" drills
Reaction to a vehicle ambush

Gear list:
Carbine with sling
Handgun with holster, minimum 1 spare mag on your person
600 rounds for the carbine (bring more if you have a "heavy trigger finger")
50 rounds for the handgun
Minimum of 2 carbine magazines on your person for reloads. I recommend at least 8 magazines total for the course.
Eye and ear protection
Hat with a front brim
Plenty of water

Your particular gear is up to you; warbelts, vests, suspenders, etc. Body armor and/or helmets are welcome if you choose to wear them, as are suppressors. Your carbine and handgun both need to be sighted in and ready to go, we will not be zeroing.

You are welcome to come with a buddy for partnering. If not, we will partner you with another student who needs someone.

This course will be a very physical course. A lot of movement and rushes. Dress appropriately.

All LEO's will receive POST credit for all hours in attendance.

SEMPER FI!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Roster is slowly filling. I had to turn folks away who wanted to sign up for the last shoot, so don't wait.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quiet Riot Firearms will be on hand with a selection of goodies, to include suppressors.

Nightforce Optics will be attending with their new optics, as well as some prototypes they are working on.  Nightforce is donating door prizes, to include apparel, rings, mounts etc.

Nightforce is also donating a 50% off an optic certificate.  I will have a little 1-shot competition for the certificate, using my DRD Tactical Kivaari .338 Lapua, as many runs as you wanna pay for, with 100% of the profits going to Carry The Load.  Even if ya don't win, you'll get to shoot a .338 Lapua semi-auto......what's not to like!

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
This shoot is highly recommended... lots of fun and great people. Like stated, you can pull right up to the firing line so it's minimal work/effort for those shooting multiple rifles.

I have Pat McNamara coming in that Sunday for four days of training (16th through the 19th) or I'd be there...
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me know if you want to attend.....cabin availability is at a premium!
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome event! Thanks for doing it!

Great location to shoot distance and a great group of people there yesterday.

Shep is a very friendly, helpful guy. I look forward to training with him in the future.
Robert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top