Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 2:14:51 PM EDT
The Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Spring 2015 Spring Rendezvous will be held on April 17-19 at Legion OTG in Blakely, GA.

I will be conducting a Combat Carbine Course on Friday, April 17, with the Long Range Shoot being held on Saturday and Sunday, April 17-19. More on the Combat Carbine Course towards the bottom of this post.

For the Long Range Shoot, we will have a wide selection of steel targets, out to approximately 2500yds. We will give you the dimensions and distance to each target, if you wish. Targets will be painted and maintained periodically throughout the day to keep them identifiable to the shooters. The minimum distance target is usually around 200 yards. We usually have in excess of 20 targets at various distances.

We will also maintain some Unknown Distance targets of known size, for folks that want to practice their ranging techniques.

There will be access to an additional range for folks that need to zero, or re-zero, their rifles at 100 yards. You can bring as many rifles as you like. Class III weapons and suppressors are welcome.

You are free to shoot at any targets you wish throughout both days. This is an excellent opportunity to get that good, long range dope on your equipment. With the shortage of civilian-accessible long distance ranges, this can be difficult to do. There is enough room on the firing line that you will be able to shoot non-stop, all day, if you wish.

This is a structured shoot, but not exactly a formal class. Myself and several other Instructors will be on hand to give you as much (or as little!) help as you need.

Suggested gear list:
Rifle with ammo (no steel core, AP, incindiery or tracer rounds)
Shooting mat
Tent or shelter to shoot under
Spotting scope
Chair(s)
Cleaning equipment and tools
Cooler with snacks, water and non-alcoholic beverages

You will be able to drive right up to the firing line, so no need to lug your gear very far.

I will have all my tools and cleaning equipment on the range. If anyone needs any Armorer's assistance I will be available most times during both days, free of charge. Also, myself and several others will be available to assist in spotting and calling wind.

Cabins that sleep up to 2 folks are available on the premises for $80 per night, payable to me when you pay your entry fees. There is a shortage of lodgings nearby offsite. The nearest large town with a good selection of lodgings is Dothan, AL, about 36 miles away. There are a few small motels just outside the range in nearby Blakely GA.

The cost for the Rendezvous is $175 for one day, $300 for both. Military/LE/Public safety folks are $150 for one day, $250 for both. I accept checks, money orders, cash and PayPal (PayPal users add 3.5% to the total cost).

There will be a mandatory safety meeting for all attendees in front of the pro shop at 0800hrs EST Saturday and Sunday. I will call the firing line hot immediately following the safety meeting and we will go cold NLT 1700hrs.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected], or (678) 523-7522. I hope to see y'all this spring.

COMBAT CARBINE COURSE:

Starts at 0800hrs and runs until approximately 1700hrs.

Rarely is there an opportunity for folks to train on a range like they have at Legion OTG! We will be using a flat range for part of the course, with the rest of the course being held on the Dismounted Vehicle Range. This range has numerous manmade shooting/cover positions, made to simulate a wide array of real world situations. Shooting over, under, around and through cover that simulates a myriad of buildings, bunkers, etc. Quite an opportunity for most folks!

The emphasis of this course will be combat at 100 yards and less with a carbine, communications and working with 1 or more teammates. Topics covered will include, but are not limited to:

Use of cover/concealment in multiple positions
Transition to sidearm, reloads and malfunction clearances
Alternative shooting positions, including "California prone" and Down & Disabled
Shooting while moving
Down & disabled drills
As usual, all my "tactical" classes include a healthy dose of Combat Mindset

Gear list:
Carbine with sling
Handgun with holster, minimum 1 spare mag on your person
600 rounds for the carbine
100 rounds for the handgun
Minimum of 2 carbine magazines on your person for reloads. I recommend at least 8 magazines total for the course.
Eye and ear protection
Hat with a front brim
Plenty of water

The Combat Carbine Course is $200 per student. Military/LE/public safety folks are $175 per student.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Limited slots available
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Filling up fast!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
A few slots left for the Carbine Course on Friday. Saturday and Sunday are slap full.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top