Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2017 5:00:58 PM EDT
Im waiting on a stamp to finish my first SBR and I was wondering if anyone knows of any carbine courses in and around the Winchester VA/WV line. My google fu seems to be failing me today. Never looked into this before and aside from personal training would the certs help me get a job someplace down the line in emergency management?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
In WV, there are various courses conducted at

Echo Valley Tng Center (Highview, WV);

Tactical Operations Consulting (Kearneysville, WV);

In VA, there is

Green Ops (Culpeper, VA);

Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy (Fredericksburg, VA)
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:05:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: helmet91] [#2]
Have you checked out http://www.paramounttactical.com/ ?

Based in Inwood, WV - they've used Peacemaker in the past, but I believe they're going to be using a new place this year.

Good group of guys with actual real world experience - without the überoperatorschtick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks both of you, I'll check them out when I get a day off work.

Think Ive driven past Paramount before, just not realized it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mo4040:
In WV, there are various courses conducted at

Echo Valley Tng Center (Highview, WV);

Tactical Operations Consulting (Kearneysville, WV);

In VA, there is

Green Ops (Culpeper, VA);

Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy (Fredericksburg, VA)
View Quote
Thanks for the mention Green-Ops
We've taught a few courses out in WV (Echo Valley Tng Center) in the past, but they also host other courses/instructors.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've taken a number of courses with Tom Perroni at Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy.  He's an EMT instructor, and he does courses including Combat Care Under Fire, Executive Protection, Force on Force, etc.  One of the most memorable courses included using a "haunted house" made on another floor in his office building.  It was right after Halloween, and the charity was done with it.  It was made with plywood walls, painted black and the windows were all blacked out.  An instructor, armed with a pistol loaded with Simunitions would hide, and a team of two went into the blacked out building with a flashlight and a pistol also outfitted with Simunitions.  Until you have tried to clear a completely dark building containing an armed aggressor, you really don't understand what police have to face.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, from looking over green ops. it sounds like its what I'm looking for. Though I'm not sure on how much the classes are, I'm sure close to around 500 dollars.

Sundown, I'll check him out here in a sec. Lest see if I can find him.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I highly recommend Practical Firearms Training, https://pgpft.com/
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shooter_556] [#8]
Anyone do training with Max Velocity Tactical in Romney, WV?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hammer2013:
Thanks both of you, I'll check them out when I get a day off work.

Think Ive driven past Paramount before, just not realized it.
View Quote
Definitely check out their site and the classes available.

They also are doing a bunch of classes for the NRA now.  2-gun, wilderness survival and one or two others IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:42:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hammer2013] [#10]
Originally Posted By Shooter_556:
View Quote

I have not once heard or see ads for it in this small town... am going to have to look for the location.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Max Velocity has threads in the training forum. FPF training is highly recommended. I have taken two of his courses at Echo Valley. He now.has his own place in Culpeper. Been wanting to do more training myself localy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
This is my first so I'm not sure what to expect, something I want to do in the future though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mudpie1313:FPF training is highly recommended. I have taken two of his courses at Echo Valley. He now.has his own place in Culpeper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mudpie1313:FPF training is highly recommended. I have taken two of his courses at Echo Valley. He now.has his own place in Culpeper.
FPF does a great job and we (GreenOps) highly recommend their courses.  

Originally Posted By Hammer2013:This is my first so I'm not sure what to expect, something I want to do in the future though.
If this is your first course, then I'd definitely recommend FPF.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#14]

I have not once heard or see ads for it in this small town... am going to have to look for the location.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gone to three classes there, great training  going back this April to help out and attending a class in Oct in Ga.
great people to train with.  Get his book CONTACT and read it before hand if not it will be like drinking water from a fire hose.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I am looking for a carbine class in the WV area from April 10th to the 23rd.  I am on R&R for those weeks.  Might have a buddy with me.  Anyone have an an opening?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Max Velocity has a carbine class in Romney,WV 22-23rd

Steve Fischer with Sentinel Concepts has a carbine class the same weekend in Hedgesville. Ill be at this one
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe a little late to this thread but for Carbine Classes I like GreenOps.
Their classes are in convenient and affordable 1 day "bites". Carbine 1 probably a good fit if you are starting out.

If you want a tactical class with in classic Infantry skills , I really like Max velocity's 3 day Combat Team tactics (CTT)

They are both extremely good and top notch but in different ways.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Freaking world class. I've taken multiple courses with various instructors and I've yet to find anything that beats MVT.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]
In Winchester is Golden Seal Enterprises, they host a variety of classes, basic to advanced carbine, pistol, low light and more at their semi enclosed range.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Older post but if you are still looking I highly suggest PFT (Practical Firearms Training) in Alderson WV. Pat and his crew are second to none. Whether you’ve been shooting for years or not they will definitely teach you something new.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ArfcomHughes:
Older post but if you are still looking I highly suggest PFT (Practical Firearms Training) in Alderson WV. Pat and his crew are second to none. Whether you’ve been shooting for years or not they will definitely teach you something new.
View Quote
I am headed there in August.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ArfcomHughes:
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I strongly recommend “GreenOos” in Va . I took their defense carbine one class this past spring and had a great time …learned a ton and definitely left there feeling a lot more confident in my ability with my carbine.  Excellent and experience instructors w  mostly military SF  life experience.  A low student to instructor ratio. And a very safe learning environment.  I’ll be back come this spring for more classes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cheenzo:
I strongly recommend “GreenOos” in Va . I took their defense carbine one class this past spring and had a great time …learned a ton and definitely left there feeling a lot more confident in my ability with my carbine.  Excellent and experience instructors w  mostly military SF  life experience.  A low student to instructor ratio. And a very safe learning environment.  I’ll be back come this spring for more classes.
View Quote

That's awesome! Thank you for the positive feedback. Would love to see an AAR. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Spoke with a Rep from here and they use a WV Range I'm sure you heard of. I'm definitely hitting these guys up for a NV Course!

Loudon Tactical
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#26]
You get at least 8 guys together,

Il put on a 1 or 2-day course well under everyone else charges

https://www.moderntacticalshooting.com/
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Did the HEAT 1 and it was great.  Learned quite a bit of new things and way out of my comfort zone.
Live fire movement drill one man two man and four man team skill.  This was on WV brush terrain and not on a flat range.  
Physically challenging as well.  If your in shit shape think real hard about tanking this class.
If it was not so far away I would have been back already for the CQB as well as the HEAT 2 class.  Well worth the cost.  Its a four day class but I also have to use a day to travel.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Max in WV
Put's on a great classes been to many of them. Good to go

if you are looking for a CQB class in a real shoot house check out Arena in GA

https://cetsmobileappt.as.me/schedule.php?calendarID=1455697
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top